• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I personally don't understand the hype behind their exclusives. Most appear to appeal to those under the age of 12 and those that don't I find a repetitive chore to play. GT has fallen way behind Forza and TLoU 2 wasn't as good as 1 neither. Which is a shame, as the OG Playstation and PS2 are IMO the best two consoles ever.

yeh, isnt it just Godfall, Demon Soul's and Miles Morales that are exclusive launch titles?

I mean they look cool, but i'm simply not into hack and slash games so the only one i would likely even get would be spiderman but even then it wouldn't be a priority.

For me personally, MS getting Arkane and Bethesda and having some of those possibly being xbox exclusives is a FAR bigger draw, and like you i prefer the Forza games to Gran Turismo.

Also, the vast catalogue on gamepass and the prospect of all of Bethesda's and Arkane's back catalogue being put on their soon is far more enticing than what the PS5 has to offer.

Associate
Amazon tracking up to it's usual top tier standard today for me. Phone pinged at 9am with 2 orders out for delivery, one of whcih the console they failed to ship out yesterday. Okay, all good. Driver one stop away. Awesome.

The driver is still one stop away mind you, and gradually getting further away according to the online tracking. Apparently this is 'totally normal' says the CS reps, sometimes items are packed into the vans in an illogical order (top level logistics there, then). To me it just looks sketchy as hell, mostly becasue the driver tracking showed them on my road at 9:15. Is it really likely that they buried the first drop at the back of a van?

Soldato
Samsung Q80T.

60hz this year unfortunately, apparently the previous model was 120hz.

I personally don't understand the hype behind their exclusives. Most appear to appeal to those under the age of 12 and those that don't I find a repetitive chore to play.

Couldn't agree more, I got accused of trolling for saying as much but most of the really good games are multi plats imo.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Everything is snappy and responsive. Had a quick play of R6 Siege which is a 4K/120 title and that was buttery smooth and incredibly quick in the menu. On my One X, the menu was incredibly slow and there were often times you could see the frame rates drop. Big upgrade there. :)

I personally don't understand the hype behind their exclusives. Most appear to appeal to those under the age of 12 and those that don't I find a repetitive chore to play. GT has fallen way behind Forza and TLoU 2 wasn't as good as 1 neither. Which is a shame, as the OG Playstation and PS2 are IMO the best two consoles ever.

That's what I love about Microsoft. They seem to learn from their mistakes. Xbox 360 was really their golden age and they brought lots of fantastic exclusive franchises to us and fought their way into the console market as the top choice. They kind of messed everything up with the Xbox one especially as PC gaming was as cheap as ever then so didn't really offer anything. Now they have fixed that by buying up all the developers and bringing EA into the fold. Their xbox live service is still the best in the market so it is shaping up to be a decent generation for them.

Soldato
That's what I love about Microsoft. They seem to learn from their mistakes. Xbox 360 was really their golden age and they brought lots of fantastic exclusive franchises to us and fought their way into the console market as the top choice. They kind of messed everything up with the Xbox one especially as PC gaming was as cheap as ever then so didn't really offer anything. Now they have fixed that by buying up all the developers and bringing EA into the fold. Their xbox live service is still the best in the market so it is shaping up to be a decent generation for them.

I agree. I am predominantly a PS/Switch user but no one can fail to be impressed by what MS and particularly Phil Spencer has achieved in turning around the mess that was the XB1 launch. I am not quite sold on getting one yet. I'll give it a year or so to see what MS and Bethesda and Arkane come up with.

Soldato
yeh, isnt it just Godfall, Demon Soul's and Miles Morales that are exclusive launch titles?

Plus Sackboy and Astro's Playroom.

But the only game from those five that can't be played anywhere else is Astro's Playroom.

Sony have done a much better job than Microsoft when it comes to getting games ready for launch, with MM and DS looking particularly good. But the basic problem is still the same; you can play four of the five "exclusives" elsewhere, with the PS5 version just offering a visual upgrade (bar Godfall, which could look better or worse depending on the PC it's running on).

Associate
That's the thing with the 360, the original UI and games where so good people pretended the RROD and other hardware issues where end user problems until MS admitted it. Even on forums like this one people blamed the home user as somehow breaking them. The console was that good and for me the golden age of online gaming. Party chat etc no one talks anymore, I get text abuse instead! When I use my 360 to play Gears 1-judgement I still prefer the simplicity of it all to what we have now. I guess I'm just old.

Caporegime
Has anyone elses Series X changed to showing as an Xbox One in their devices list and had the warranty time changed?

Before it was delivered and set up i had a series X there with warranty until Jan 2022, but now it just lists an Xbox one and says - "Ends on 23/09/2021"

It is showing the right serial number : /

Soldato
Amazon finally just delivered my son's - He'll be happy when he gets home from school.

Crazy to think he's bought his own Xbox X and his own 42" 4k tv in the last year from money he's got for birthdays/xmas/extra work around the house/clearing neighbours driveway of leaves/washing cars etc - not bad for 13 years old!

Your son will go far in life with that kind of graft. GGs to the fella.

Soldato
Plus Sackboy and Astro's Playroom.

But the only game from those five that can't be played anywhere else is Astro's Playroom.

Sony have done a much better job than Microsoft when it comes to getting games ready for launch, with MM and DS looking particularly good. But the basic problem is still the same; you can play four of the five "exclusives" elsewhere, with the PS5 version just offering a visual upgrade (bar Godfall, which could look better or worse depending on the PC it's running on).
But you can't play them else where excluding godfall.

There only on Sony systems, I do prefer Sony exclusive GT excluded as Forza has been far better over years.

Hence why I'm getting both but stuck to S as PS5 will be my main

I think Sony have done better with the launch line up cause Microsoft not having any killer game is disappointing imo

Soldato
But you can't play them else where excluding godfall.

Miles and Sackboy are on PS4.

Demons Souls is a PS3 game getting a remake.

If you have a PS3 and a PS4, you can play all three without buying a PS5. If you have a gaming PC as well, you can play Godfall without buying a PS5. The only launch game that you can't play without buying a PS5 is Astro's Playroom.

Soldato
Has anyone elses Series X changed to showing as an Xbox One in their devices list and had the warranty time changed?

Before it was delivered and set up i had a series X there with warranty until Jan 2022, but now it just lists an Xbox one and says - "Ends on 23/09/2021"

It is showing the right serial number : /

mine shows the same as yours now.

Soldato
Funnily enough, I just measured it myself because it was worrying me after leaving it downloading all night! It's currently pulling 45ish watts whilst installing a disc copy of Metro and downloading the patch at the same time (neat!). Playing Gears 4 briefly during my lunch break I noted 160-180 watts draw. I measured it earlier after putting it in standby mode; it does generate some heat and remains warm. For the first 5 minutes or so it was drawing 26ish watts, this then dropped and stayed at 10 watts. I estimate that's about a quid per month for the convenience of standby mode....

Cheers for the testing. Worth a quid in my book

Man of Honour
Funnily enough, I just measured it myself because it was worrying me after leaving it downloading all night! It's currently pulling 45ish watts whilst installing a disc copy of Metro and downloading the patch at the same time (neat!). Playing Gears 4 briefly during my lunch break I noted 160-180 watts draw. I measured it earlier after putting it in standby mode; it does generate some heat and remains warm. For the first 5 minutes or so it was drawing 26ish watts, this then dropped and stayed at 10 watts. I estimate that's about a quid per month for the convenience of standby mode....

Interesting. So when its doing absolutely nothing the power draw is pretty minimal. Thanks for the test.

Back
Top Bottom