Crucial 32gb (2x16gb) cl16 3600 BL2K16G36C16U4B - Single Rank

Associate
I’m aware the BL2K16G36C16U4B 32gb 3600 cl16 kit has been mentioned in a number of threads now in relation to whether it is single or dual rank. Rather than post in all the threads it’s been mentioned in I’ll post here for ease of reference.

I’ve just had an e-mail back from Crucial who have confirmed that this kit is single rank and not dual rank.

Edit: They are giving conflicting answers. This kit is a bit of a gamble.

Hopefully this helps others considering this ram for their new Ryzen builds.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m aware the BL2K16G36C16U4B 32gb 3600 cl16 kit has been mentioned in a number of threads now in relation to whether it is single or dual rank. Rather than post in all the threads it’s been mentioned in I’ll post here for ease of reference.

I’ve just had an e-mail back from Crucial who have confirmed that this kit is single rank and not dual rank.

Hopefully this helps others considering this ram for their new Ryzen builds.

Lol, saw this post on reddit from yesterday.

"Want even more confusion? Just emailed crucial to ask, and got this response:

" We would like to inform you that the part BL2K16G36C16U4B is a dual rank memory. ""

Associate
I had a set of these coming, but due to the confusion of whether these are Micron B/C or single/dual rank I have cancelled and spending the extra for the 8Pack Samsung B stuff.

Associate
OP
Lol, saw this post on reddit from yesterday.

"Want even more confusion? Just emailed crucial to ask, and got this response:

" We would like to inform you that the part BL2K16G36C16U4B is a dual rank memory. ""

Since getting the e-mail response from them I’ve also spotted other conflicting responses from them on their rainforest page as well which says they can be either single or dual and are made in both versions. Great!

The confusion surrounding them was enough for me to return them this morning anyway. It’s a shame as they seemed like they could have had some potential and the price was really good.

Back in the market for ram and seems there’s slim pickings just now.

Associate
Got the same ram and after numerous confusing back and forths with Crucial and reading multiple forums, Crucial support say that the extension M16FE1 is the Dual Rank version and the M8FB1 is single rank. I lucked out with the DR.

Bit strange they are mixing them up like that.

Associate
Got the same ram and after numerous confusing back and forths with Crucial and reading multiple forums, Crucial support say that the extension M16FE1 is the Dual Rank version and the M8FB1 is single rank. I lucked out with the DR.

Bit strange they are mixing them up like that.

That makes sense. They might have to start clarifying which kit they're selling if they want to sell any more after all this. I bet if they used the SR dimms to make 64GB kits and labelled them as SR they'd sell quite well.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I contacted Crucial support via live chat and they told me these 2x16GB parts are all dual rank... :confused:

I'm inclined to order when they come back in stock, and send them back for replacement if I receive single rank on the basis their Tech Support have told me they are dual rank (I've got a record of the live chat).

Since getting the e-mail response from them I’ve also spotted other conflicting responses from them on their rainforest page as well which says they can be either single or dual and are made in both versions. Great!

The confusion surrounding them was enough for me to return them this morning anyway. It’s a shame as they seemed like they could have had some potential and the price was really good.

Back in the market for ram and seems there’s slim pickings just now.

Why didn't you put them in your system to see what you had?

Associate
OP
I contacted Crucial support via live chat and they told me these 2x16GB parts are all dual rank... :confused:

I'm inclined to order when they come back in stock, and send them back for replacement if I receive single rank on the basis their Tech Support have told me they are dual rank (I've got a record of the live chat).

Why didn't you put them in your system to see what you had?

I’m still waiting on a number of parts for the build so I was happy to take the opportunity to return them without breaking the seals on them. I’m sure the same ones will be sent to someone else.

As I’m still waiting for other parts to come into stock I’ll do a bit more reading and see what results people get from them. If all’s looking good then I might look at them again but also happy to see what price the new G.Skill cl14 kit comes in at when it arrives in the UK.

Post back with what you find. I’d be quite interested to see and, as you say, you’ve got a good case for returning them.

Associate
My Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G36C16U4B 3600 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 32GB (16GB x2) kit that I received a few weeks ago are listed as dual rank on CPUZ

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I might be wrong, but have all the people reporting single rank bought the red sticks. I realise this could be our coincidence, but just asking.

Associate
I might be wrong, but have all the people reporting single rank bought the red sticks. I realise this could be our coincidence, but just asking.

I've not seen that many people receive the SR sticks to be fair. Most that have ordered recently appear to be getting dual.

Maybe it's to do with the date of manufacture and since the red sticks are less popular there not being sold as fast so your more likely to get an older set.

Back
Top Bottom