Gamepad for kids

Associate
Can anyone recommend a suitable gamepad for kids?
I'm on a lookout for something suitable for a 5yo, so not sure if regular size pads are not too big..

Cheers

Associate
If you want a PC did you want wired or wireless?

I've noticed controllers being quite scarce recently, official Xbox 1 controllers are hard to find and even selling at inflated prices. I would have recommended that as they're quite light still for being a full size.

I recently bought a Fusion Power A as couldn't find anything else better than a standard pad for a decent price, but still expensive, wired only and with poor quality USB release catch, everything else mostly as good as the X box 1 official pro controllers but the Fusion was £65 and a Pro is well over £100.

OCUK are out of stock most controllers like a lot of places, I'm predicting a shortage for Xmas, maybe you could just get them a cheaper 3rd party one for now as they tend to be lighter in weight too.

Seen this is one of the only ones in stock on OCUK, basic but likely to be lightweight, price is right too.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thrustmaster-dual-analog-4-gamepad-for-pc-2960737-gc-056th.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thru...-wired-game-controller-4460091-gc-07k-th.html

Edit 2nd option better compatibility going forward.

Soldato
Power A and I think PDP have "mini" versions of their Xbox controllers, but as mentioned above finding stock anywhere might be difficult.

Associate
OP
I am not really fussed over wired or wireless right now.
Obviously wireless would be nice to have but if it comes at 3x the price I'd think twice about that given its simply Bluetooth.
My friend also recommended getting xbox controller as they all have PC compatibility off the bat.
I've seen the PowerA in my searches, that seems like licensed product. Any good?

Associate
I am not really fussed over wired or wireless right now.
Obviously wireless would be nice to have but if it comes at 3x the price I'd think twice about that given its simply Bluetooth.
My friend also recommended getting xbox controller as they all have PC compatibility off the bat.
I've seen the PowerA in my searches, that seems like licensed product. Any good?

The Fusion Power A is the best third party controller I've used but still has a USB cable sticking issue, though no a huge deal as it needs the cable by being wired only. Official Xbox one would arguably be the best option but good luck finding a non price gouged one right now, that's why I got the Fusion A as the non gouged next price up option, actually the white version I have is even on sale price. Too heavy for a 5 year old though.

As I said I predict a controller shortage for Xmas, might want to buy while you can. That 2nd OCUK option likely your best bet for best compatibility and at under £30 it's not that bad either.

Though a big UK chain store has plenty of the cheaper Power A wired pads in stock as well, again under £30. Worth looking at those too.

As for Xbox one, seen them gouged up from what should be £45- £50 correct RRP to above £80. Definitely indicative of a shortage as everyone's trying to game during lockdown.

Associate
OP
I ended up ordering latest wireless XBOX pad as they came down in price. If size/weight is a bit too much for my daughter - tough, daddy will use it more often lol
I've got to find my wireless Logitech pad I got ages ago for PES, think that's a bit smaller.

Back
Top Bottom