Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-pc/
£45.99 on GMG but be quick the keys will run out sooner or later as its 8% cheaper than direct from battle.net so they always run out eventually! The current 20% fall discount does not apply either to any COD title in case you wanted to throw that on as well!!
I’m enjoying it so far

Bought it, downloading now!

Just downloading Multiplayer only with the hope of actually playing tonight. I'll download campaign/zombie overnight.

Soldato
Soldato
I'm getting a solid 140++fps with those settings, and it looks suprisingly good to say a few settings are on 'low'.

Got mine capped at 150 FPS just now but was breaking 200 sometimes....gpu running about 4c cooler than with mw4 so know its not working as hard....tried it at 4k/60fps on other monitor with same settings and was getting about 70 FPS...gpu was 4c hotter at that res though....cant go back to 60Hz now though....

As you say it looks surprisingly good considering the low settings...i bumped a few of them up a bit and the fps drop was minimal though i struggled to see the improvement.

Soldato
Got mine capped at 150 FPS just now but was breaking 200 sometimes....gpu running about 4c cooler than with mw4 so know its not working as hard....tried it at 4k/60fps on other monitor with same settings and was getting about 70 FPS...gpu was 4c hotter at that res though....cant go back to 60Hz now though....

As you say it looks surprisingly good considering the low settings...i bumped a few of them up a bit and the fps drop was minimal though i struggled to see the improvement.

Interestingly we have exactly the same machine (CPU/GPU and RAM)!

Associate
Does anyone know if the free codes given out with 3080/3090 will detect the card in the system?

Looking to give me code away.

as far as I can tell, the person receiving the code creates a temp’ password to their blizzard account. You log in using that password and redeem the code (whilst using your 3x nvidia card) once redeemed receiver changes password back and enjoys the game.

Associate
as far as I can tell, the person receiving the code creates a temp’ password to their blizzard account. You log in using that password and redeem the code (whilst using your 3x nvidia card) once redeemed receiver changes password back and enjoys the game.

That's a great idea !

Associate
If you have a 3080/3090 it's easy to get it for "Cheap", got mine for 30£ from reddit.

Really underwhelmed by the RT implementation.
So far I only enjoy reflections in games, because when AO and shadows are done properly, the difference with RT is just too subtle.

Soldato
There are quite a few bugs I've encountered with this so far:

- Cannot select audio input or output for ingame voice at all, just reverts instantly
- setting a FPS target for all 3 sliders causes all of them to instantly revert
- VSYNC ON forced in nvidia CP is completely ignored by this game, literally never seen that before
- Hitching even though FPS and ping NEVER change from ~135, tried everything to make it work
- Change your activision name in game and you literally break BNET integration for social so no more playing with friends
- Triple shot weapons are hilariously OP to the point of game breaking. Needs serious revision
- Laggy as hell menu system at the end of a match

Soldato
Ive been playing past few days and haven't had one crash so far.

Same here, I'm enjoying it more than last year's MW!

Still, a LOT of people are having crashing/performance problems. Occasional performance issues are understandable, but this many people having issues? Not acceptable, poor port. Hopefully they can get a big patch out soon to fix it up.

Back
Top Bottom