• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
For those that want to game stream to their Windows 10 PC, use this link from my onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjWgv7mvv7-qgsdF2bHv32yhrlq36A?e=nJulvC its a MS signed test app that works with my Series X. Very similar to the Android app; haven't tried wired quality but wireless seemed ok.

Needs latest windows version I'd imagine; my work device running 1809 Enterprise won't run it but my laptop running Windows 10 Pro on 2004 runs it fine.

Soldato
My pc feeling sorry for itself after having its 1tb gaming ssd moved to Series X as an external

Very impressed.so.far - although still downloading games 3-4 days later (I have almost filled 1tv external though)

Had one crash - Fable Anniversary

Everything just runs smooth and looks great and load times are super quick

Like buying a 1.5k gaming PC but for 450 :)

Soldato
Everything is improved except game downloads which is still a slow process even on fast connections. Having to completely re download games is a pain. I have just left it on over night the last few days to do it’s thing.

Soldato
With smart delivery can you still play games on both xbox one and series x? Or is it like a one off upgrade once you start playing the game on the series x?

The former.

Smart Delivery titles have one license which covers the Xbox platform. The appropriate version of the game is then delivered to the console you're using (if available).

Soldato
Ok, partly my bad, but there implementation is a bit rubbish.

It gets it's refresh rate purely from console. So console must be set to 120hz - then ray tracing gets auto disabled.

It doesn't say ray tracing disabled when it's auto running 120hz. Just tells you to install the ray tracing addon.

And when 120hz is running it's greyed out and tells you to check in your system settings. It does actually state 'enabled', but greyed out.

I would have played single player with Ray tracing, but it just wasn't clear at all what was going on.

Soldato
Made the mistake of starting The Talos Principle when its leaving GamePass (today I think), very addictive puzzle game but just checked how much it is to buy when it does leave and its £31.99! Thats with discount as well :eek: Sure I've seen it on Steam and PS4 for about £5 - £8.

Edit: It's currently £2.99 on the PS4 store

Man of Honour
500GB is a bit mean but there has to be compromises for that price point, and most of us coped with that amount last gen.

With MCC you have the option of selecting which games you wish to install, and that includes the campaigns and multiplayer so it's easy to reduce the install size significantly.

If you have a cheap external drive for cold storage then it's easy to swap games between that and the internal storage and much quicker than downloading whatever 70GB+ game you wish to play over and over.

It’s 364 GB of useable space, and with MCC you save little by removing just the campaigns. I have them installed though as we play 4 player coop regularly a few times a month.

I bought the 1TB expansion so I have no problems, but you’re having a laugh if you think 364 GB is enough with the number of game in the region of 80-100 GB. I can fit 4 games on that, all of which I play regularly.

it’s actually quicker for me to redownload games than to use the 120-130Mb/s external drives, but I appreciate that not everyone has access to 10Gb fibre.

Associate
Soldato
Made the mistake of starting The Talos Principle when its leaving GamePass (today I think), very addictive puzzle game but just checked how much it is to buy when it does leave and its £31.99! Thats with discount as well :eek: Sure I've seen it on Steam and PS4 for about £5 - £8.

Edit: It's currently £2.99 on the PS4 store

Yeah the games are never on offer when they've announced they're leaving, looking around it's been down tp £7.99 this year:

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/2547773/the-talos-principle

Can pop a notification on that site for when it lowers again :)

Man of Honour
Anyone have some decent tv recommendations? Probably Samsung.

I’ve barely used the tv and the wife is moaning already. She isn’t even using it half the time.

May just get something at a lower price point. The UE55TU8000 is pretty cheap and can’t be worse than our Q7 surely. Hovering over the buy button. That or the Q80.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone having issues with no sound on Halo Mater Chief Collection ?

I have sound on the menus but nothing in game at all, tried deleting my save games to fix it but the problem still exists.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers all

Soldato
If I select 120hz on the series x, do I need to change it for certain games, such as AC: Valhalla that I believe is only capable of 60fps?

Also the series x boot up time is seriously impressive, energy saving mode take's something like 10secs to load into the dash fully.

Man of Honour
If I select 120hz on the series x, do I need to change it for certain games, such as AC: Valhalla that I believe is only capable of 60fps?

Also the series x boot up time is seriously impressive, energy saving mode take's something like 10secs to load into the dash fully.

The boot time continues to impress me. The time I have my glasses and headphones on it’s ready to go :p

Soldato
It’s 364 GB of useable space, and with MCC you save little by removing just the campaigns. I have them installed though as we play 4 player coop regularly a few times a month.

I bought the 1TB expansion so I have no problems, but you’re having a laugh if you think 364 GB is enough with the number of game in the region of 80-100 GB. I can fit 4 games on that, all of which I play regularly.

it’s actually quicker for me to redownload games than to use the 120-130Mb/s external drives, but I appreciate that not everyone has access to 10Gb fibre.

Yeah think you're in the minority with 10Gb, lol.

Do you have an S and the expansion or the X?

Anyone buying an S and then the expansion is obviously nuts as makes more sense to just buy an X with twice the storage.

I've got tons installed on my X and still plenty of room, and any single player stuff like Jedi Fallen Order will get removed once I complete it.

Not sure why there are so many complaints about storage space after a week, how many games can people play at once, and it's not like the storage size isn't advertised.

Back
Top Bottom