• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Buying a PS5 now only makes sense if you just want to play the back catalog of PS4 exclusives with better load times / graphical enhancements etc.

I disagree, it's a terrible reason to spend £450 on a new console. The improvements are, for the most part, just not significant enough to warrant it for that.

Do you think the silver Samsung smart remote will be able to control the PS5? It used to work on XB1X.

The PS5 uses HDMI Control so as long as you have the equivalent setting enabled on your TV, it'll pass through any commands from the TV to the console.

Soldato
Was just about to send my PS5 Media Remote back to Amazon - with there being no Dolby Vision support I've decided I won't be using this as a media centre (so just sourced me an Apple TV 4K).
Amazed to see even that is being upsold on Ebay. So OK, only by £10, but surely people realise these kind of things will all come back into stock soon after launch.

Argos let me down on Pulse 3D, simply emailed me last week so that "it was out of stock" and they refunded me. Lowest price on Ebay is £120, with £150 being the average. Madness.

Soldato
Was just about to send my PS5 Media Remote back to Amazon - with there being no Dolby Vision support I've decided I won't be using this as a media centre (so just sourced me an Apple TV 4K).
Amazed to see even that is being upsold on Ebay. So OK, only by £10, but surely people realise these kind of things will all come back into stock soon after launch.

Argos let me down on Pulse 3D, simply emailed me last week so that "it was out of stock" and they refunded me. Lowest price on Ebay is £120, with £150 being the average. Madness.

FOMO is a powerful thing.

Caporegime
He's a strange one our ic1male lol.

Yeah, you don't know the half of it. :D

I'm even thinking now of not bothering with either console and building a Ryzen/Navi PC despite my bemoaning of PC the last year cos I'd miss dem trophies.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up about the hardware now and just talk games.

Soldato
Yeah, you don't know the half of it. :D

I'm even thinking now of not bothering with either console and building a Ryzen/Navi PC despite my bemoaning of PC the last year cos I'd miss dem trophies.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up about the hardware now and just talk games.

Just think though you'd have Ubisoft achievement points from the Ubi-launcher, then you'd have Steam achievs, I think Epic store is introducing achievs too, plus you got GOG achievements, Origin achivements and Xbox for PC achievs too! I mean what's not to love about all those different launchers.

Soldato
The TF difference between the 2 consoles isn't large, I don't expect there to ever be a large gap, despite what some would expect.

It's a good thing, people can just choose their preferred console rather than having to buy one to get the 'better' version of the game.

Associate
My Amazon order is all good - just down to delivery now.

The one I ordered for my Dad from ShopTo is a different story. I originally pre-ordered PS5, camera, controller and charging station. When it came to payment, I had to submit payment separately for each. PS5 - no problem, camera - no problem, controller - card declined (ended up getting elsewhere), charging station - not guaranteed day one (didn't proceed as per ShopTo guidance).

Last week I received camera and controller (didn't process payment for this!). So now, whilst my Dad's PS5 is still shown on my order, my balance is effectively short by the value of the controller! I've been trying to get a response out of their Customer Service as soon as the controller arrived but nothing of any use yet and no confirmation that the console will still be delivered. I would just add the payment for the difference to ensure PS5 doesn't get held/cancelled but there's no way I can...

Associate
New Spiderman: Miles Morales patch notes;

Version 1.002.001 Release Notes
General Updates

Added option to change time of day during post-game
Added rewards for completing benchmarks (Photo Mode stickers)
Added supported localized VO
Added option to transfer save from PS4 to PS5
Added in-game option to upgrade to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (PS5 only)
Photo Mode Updates

Added selfie poses
Added depth of field slider
Added light distance
Accessibility Updates

Added customizable button remapping
Added mono audio selection
General Fixes & Polish

Improved stability
Performance improvements on PS4
Performance improvements on PS5
Ray-tracing improvements on PS5
HDR improvements
Subtitle and localization text fixes
Various additional fixes

Soldato
I really hope that there is a black version of the PS5 released next year when I would consider buying a PS5, because white is the most god-awful colour for any large electronics device. White is bright, white attracts the eye, white sticks out with a sore thumb next to all of your black AV components... hell it doesn't even blend with silver stuff. White controllers can also stain and look more dirty over time. White just sucks as a sole design choice for a console... give me a black option Sony... pretty please. :(:o

There will be a black, these console companies have wised up and know people will double dip, white version comes first, 1-2 years later black one comes out and people buy it again.

Back
Top Bottom