• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It's awefull tempting. Wanted FE originally but I dropped down to 24 in the queue last week for the XTREME. Think I'll wait it out for a card with more bling.
Gonna slap a water block on it eventually. At least I’m gonna GeForce now sub and Cold War. I was still 100 in queue after this long , couldn’t wait anymore tbh, in 2-3 days it’ll be here and my build can finally be complete

Associate
Gonna slap a water block on it eventually. At least I’m gonna GeForce now sub and Cold War. I was still 100 in queue after this long , couldn’t wait anymore tbh, in 2-3 days it’ll be here and my build can finally be complete
Don't blame ya at all. Enjoy it. You can spend the few hundred pounds saved on the water block :)
I'm still waiting cpu to finish the build anyway so can wait a bit longer.

Associate
Don't blame ya at all. Enjoy it. You can spend the few hundred pounds saved on the water block :)
I'm still waiting cpu to finish the build anyway so can wait a bit longer.
Been waiting since March to finish my build have everything else ready to go. Dunno how long I’ll be waiting for the strix at this rate. I’ll just manually over clock it. Got a 9900k in my build atm. Can’t wait to start gaming on pc , tired of playing at low frame rates lol

Soldato
AFter 'scanning' for cards, founders edition cards were just shortly available directly linked from the nvidia website to a competitor site for 20mins or so and then shortly dissapeared - the link now 404 errors and the product was never searchable on their site. Not noticed this before.

Had one in my cart when in stock but want a 3080 not a 3090 so didnt go for it...

interesting

Caporegime
The price from distribution (who aren't allowed to price gouge) on the Asus Strix OC 3090 currently is £1582 incVAT...so the resellers are adding their margin on and making about 10% which isnt massive tbh.

And yet Asus as selling them direct from their webshops to the public for £1495 in VAT. How does that work?

If I was a major retailer I would want to know why people can buy them direct from Asus cheaper than I could buy them from the distributor.

Caporegime
AFter 'scanning' for cards, founders edition cards were just shortly available directly linked from the nvidia website to a competitor site for 20mins or so and then shortly dissapeared - the link now 404 errors and the product was never searchable on their site. Not noticed this before.

Had one in my cart when in stock but want a 3080 not a 3090 so didnt go for it...

interesting

Thats how it has been for a few weeks now. They go live on Nvidia and you click the link through (different link every drop)

Associate
And yet Asus as selling them direct from their webshops to the public for £1495 in VAT. How does that work?

If I was a major retailer I would want to know why people can buy them direct from Asus cheaper than I could buy them from the distributor.

Aren't their webshops in France etc? Pricing is generally different in the UK market and disti usually put in 1/2% from vendor.

But yeah its all a mess....im glad ive finally got one tbh.

Caporegime
ah thanks for letting me know i didnt know that - do other cards 3080 and 3070 do it the same yeah? do we know approx how often it happens?

Yes the same. It was just 3070 and 3090 FE today. In general the drops happen once per week but nobody know when but usually its a Friday but last week there were none and they dropped today instead.

In the Eu they had 3080 FE only and no 3070 or 3090.

Caporegime
Aren't their webshops in France etc? Pricing is generally different in the UK market and disti usually put in 1/2% from vendor.

But yeah its all a mess....im glad ive finally got one tbh.

In what way are they different? The price is the price that it is in Europe and we still are (for now). Point is both Germany and France had them at £1495 inc VAT. No way should they be anymore than that in the UK.

Plus a UK retailer could just buy them from the Asus shop in France and Germany and get them shipped over so they wouldnt be happy that the main distributor was charging more than the retail shop was.

Associate
Hi guys!

1st time poster here, but I have been reading this thread in the shadow since I pre-ordered my 3090 Strix OC (current queue position 251)

With the current queue pace I started to think I won't see the card until 2021 (as mush as Asus said they will ramp up in coming weeks)

Anyway, I have managed to get 2 cards this weeks - a 3090FE from today's drop and an EVGA FTW3 Ultra in another country (actually got this last week), both are supposed to come between tomorrow and Thursday. Needless to say, I will be cancelling my Strix order here as soon as I have one finally fitted in my rig.

Now my 1st world problem...I need to send 1 back - Which one would you keep guys? I was quite excited about EVGA, as I have always had them as premium nvidia partner - However, I have read some concerns around the internet about the actual quality of this Series 30 release (nothing specific, just that they aren't as good as they once were). Of course there is a "massive" price different between them, but I wouldn't mind to pay the premium if the EVGA deserves it. Manually OC'ing the card is not a priority, as it has been long since I was keen on doing any type or OC, my main priority will be the global quality of the card itself.

What would you suggest guys?

Associate
Hi guys!

1st time poster here, but I have been reading this thread in the shadow since I pre-ordered my 3090 Strix OC (current queue position 251)

With the current queue pace I started to think I won't see the card until 2021 (as mush as Asus said they will ramp up in coming weeks)

Anyway, I have managed to get 2 cards this weeks - a 3090FE from today's drop and an EVGA FTW3 Ultra in another country (actually got this last week), both are supposed to come between tomorrow and Thursday. Needless to say, I will be cancelling my Strix order here as soon as I have one finally fitted in my rig.

Now my 1st world problem...I need to send 1 back - Which one would you keep guys? I was quite excited about EVGA, as I have always had them as premium nvidia partner - However, I have read some concerns around the internet about the actual quality of this Series 30 release (nothing specific, just that they aren't as good as they once were). Of course there is a "massive" price different between them, but I wouldn't mind to pay the premium if the EVGA deserves it. Manually OC'ing the card is not a priority, as it has been long since I was keen on doing any type or OC, my main priority will be the global quality of the card itself.

What would you suggest guys?

If you don't plan to oc the card then personally would go for the FE as it is a better Quality product and is cheaper at the same time :)

Associate
If you don't plan to oc the card then personally would go for the FE as it is a better Quality product and is cheaper at the same time :)

Thank you mate!

I kind of feel the same. At least in pictures seems like the FE has a better overall quality. And the fact that is exhaust half of the air outside the case is a plus for me.

Does anyone else have anything to add? Anything in favour of the EVGA to consider that one?

Back
Top Bottom