• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Man of Honour
Congrats :) what did you got for

3070 - order gone through so fingers crossed. Not sure what delivery option I got though LOL as I was just spamming options just to get to the end of the checkout process and it kept bringing up silly captcha things.

Soldato
3070 - order gone through so fingers crossed. Not sure what delivery option I got though LOL as I was just spamming options just to get to the end of the checkout process and it kept bringing up silly captcha things.

Lol. Default option with them is next day for FEs I have got thus far. Dispatch comes through late so does not seem like they will make it, but usually on the next morning, get text / E-mail saying its out for delivery.

Soldato

Now we know where the cards land I think this is a way better value proposition than 6800 non XT at £540. Especially better than the people who put in orders at £600 here.

Man of Honour
Lol. Default option with them is next day for FEs I have got thus far. Dispatch comes through late so does not seem like they will make it, but usually on the next morning, get text / E-mail saying its out for delivery.

Was horrid - first time it didn't log into my account properly, then half way through it brought up a captcha "please select all the images containing motor buses" with a confusing set of images half of them too small to make out so it failed twice then got to the payment stage and the page seemed to hang forever on authorisation then last stage of the checkout process it came up with "capcha failed" but fortunately just the tick box one then finally it checked out.

Soldato
Possibly yields have been better then they thought, not in terms of number of cores, but the cores being more complete. Told that 3090 stock would be low, yet looking at incoming cards which competitor lists they get as many, if not more 3090's then they do 3080's. Makes sense to put the cores in the more expensive 3090 and inevitable 3080Ti which will sell still then a cheaper 3080 SKU.

Or possibly the 3080FE actually costs loads to make given build quality and material, likely sending cores to AIB's who mentioned MSRP prices are actually impossible for them to hit.

Soldato
Possibly yields have been better then they thought, not in terms of number of cores, but the cores being more complete. Told that 3090 stock would be low, yet looking at incoming cards which competitor lists they get as many, if not more 3090's then they do 3080's. Makes sense to put the cores in the more expensive 3090 and inevitable 3080Ti which will sell still then a cheaper 3080 SKU.

Or possibly the 3080FE actually costs loads to make given build quality and material, likely sending cores to AIB's who mentioned MSRP prices are actually impossible for them to hit.
Interesting either way as we've seen 2 drops in 2 days and both 3070 and 3090 have seen plenty of stock but zero 3080's still. Was nice to see another competitor drop a load of AIB 3080's today though over at a store in Bradford... Albeit at much higher prices.

Back
Top Bottom