• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD states that 6800XT will not be a paper launch- THEY LIED

Soldato
Well done AMD, Nvidia left you a large wide open goal and you missed it.

I deliberately picked a totally amateur league because that fits AMD perfectly. It's first world problems but for AMD to lie like this is pure underhanded BS.

AMD have massively dropped in the estimation of many with this outright bare faced lying.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amd-is-determined-for-big-navi-not-to-be-a-paper-launch/

You actually made a thread to cry? Who actually thought that there would be plenty of AMD cards at launch was joking to them self and others. Now grab a snickers and calm down.

Soldato
OP
This isn't me crying, I read the reviews thought "meh" and moved on. This is more about the fact that as per the link I posted, AMD Hank Azor implied that 6800XT would not be a paper launch. Clearly it very much is, ergo AMD lied.

How about you jam that snickers up yer hole and answer the actual points being made.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This isn't me crying, I read the reviews thought "meh" and moved on. This is more about the fact that as per the link I posted, AMD Hank Azor implied that 6800XT would not be a paper launch.

How about you jam that snickers up yer hole and answer the actual points being made.
Would it be safe to assume you weren't able to get a 6800/6800 XT?

Soldato
I don't see why people think AMD wouldn't lie. AMD somehow have this holier than thou attitude attached to them. They're just like every other big company.

Soldato
OP
Would it be safe to assume you weren't able to get a 6800/6800 XT?

It would be safe to say I didn't want one after reading the reviews showing how meh it was overall. I am far more disappointed that AMD have now reduced themselves to Nvidia's level with outright lying about performance and availability.

Soldato
OP
I will now be looking for a 3080 at close to MSRP to replace my existing 2080. Don't get me wrong 6800XT it is a decent card but nowhere near where AMD said it would be in winning more than losing compared to a 3080. in fact the reviews I trust most show it around 5% -10% slower overall. In some games it is 30% slower than a 3080 such as FS2020 for example.

Soldato
This isn't me crying, I read the reviews thought "meh" and moved on. This is more about the fact that as per the link I posted, AMD Hank Azor implied that 6800XT would not be a paper launch. Clearly it very much is, ergo AMD lied.

Sorry you asked a question in your OP? It looked more like whinging post tbh. I see them a lot since the Nvidia launch. I think you must have been the only one who actually thought AMD would have a great launch with abundance of cards. Anyways i'll take my snickers back. You don't deserve it :D

Man of Honour
Sorry you asked a question in your OP? It looked more like whinging post tbh. I see them a lot since the Nvidia launch. I think you must have been the only one who actually thought AMD would have a great launch with abundance of cards. Anyways i'll take my snickers back. You don't deserve it :D

He wasn't the only one was at least 2-3 other posters in the Navi 23 thread convinced AMD would have 1000s of cards and hugely undercut nVidia - it just ain't the world we live in right now.

Soldato
He wasn't the only one was at least 2-3 other posters in the Navi 23 thread convinced AMD would have 1000s of cards and hugely undercut nVidia - it just ain't the world we live in right now.
Yea, why people actually think AMD would for some reason have more cards availible than Nvidia is beyond me. But making a thread to have a big ol whinge about it is next level :D
I really hope AMD see this thread and take note :rolleyes:
It's like beleiving what you see in the news or taking a MP's word when they make a promise. You just don't... :D
New chip, Covid, Consoles, memory shortages. Lots of obvious reasons why cards will be in short supply.

Soldato
I will now be looking for a 3080 at close to MSRP to replace my existing 2080. Don't get me wrong 6800XT it is a decent card but nowhere near where AMD said it would be in winning more than losing compared to a 3080. in fact the reviews I trust most show it around 5% -10% slower overall. In some games it is 30% slower than a 3080 such as FS2020 for example.

Might I suggest you check out the Coretek review on the 6800xt, he tested with a 5900x I believe and "smart access memory" enabled, bit of an eye opener that one, especially his overall choice of best card. Just don't fall asleep while listening to it:)

Back
Top Bottom