• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
You will find that for the foreseeable future. Apple have done a very good job of convincing people that they want the new iPhone even though the performance of their phones in the real world hasn't improved much in years.

I have the X and its still really fast and I never notice that I am waiting for anything to happen on the phone. I would love one of the new models but I would be in the same boat as you. Underwhelmed. Lets be honest, there is a reason apple pushed 5G so heavily on the 12. It simply doesn't have much else to push over last years model. Even the case redesign is quite subtle and retains the notch.

If 5G is useful to me even in 2-3 years time I will be stunned.

To be fair, I had decided I wanted the new iPhone before they announced it, as I just wanted a camera and battery upgrade. I have no other issues with the XS Max - other than the fact there are some small faults with it (earpiece speaker doesn't work, Siri doesn't work, screen burn)

I'll be turning off 5G as I don't have any need for it :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
To be fair, I had decided I wanted the new iPhone before they announced it, as I just wanted a camera and battery upgrade. I have no other issues with the XS Max - other than the fact there are some small faults with it (earpiece speaker doesn't work, Siri doesn't work, screen burn)

I'll be turning off 5G as I don't have any need for it :)

Its all about value isn't it. If you earn really good money or you like spending money on the latest gadgets then that offers good value for you. Sounds like your poor XS has had a hard life as well!

I quite like the look of the 12 mini but I simply can't justify the cost of it vs what improvements I would get over the X. I don't take a lot of photos and the camera on the X is very good already.

Sounds like you have decided to keep it though so enjoy!

Soldato
Sounds like your poor XS has had a hard life as well!

I actually swapped from a XS to the Max for the larger screen but the one I bought (Second hand) was a bit of a lemon and I've slowly noticed little things not working on it. It's been a solid experience though and it hasn't let me down. It's why I have kept the same generation of phone for 2 years - stuff usually only lasts me 6-12 months!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I actually swapped from a XS to the Max for the larger screen but the one I bought (Second hand) was a bit of a lemon and I've slowly noticed little things not working on it. It's been a solid experience though and it hasn't let me down. It's why I have kept the same generation of phone for 2 years - stuff usually only lasts me 6-12 months!

My partner is some sort of iPhone killer. She doesn't break them per-se, they just slowly fail on her and start exhibiting strange behaviour.

Soldato
Speaking of messaging one nice thing about moving back to iOS is that I’ve just deleted my WhatsApp account and can reply to messages from my iPad and watch which is nice. I hated juggling between two messaging apps before especially when one didn’t support iPad or watch.

Soldato
So now that it’s been a few days... how’s everyone finding their mini ? I think this could possibly be the best phone apple have ever released (imo) and I love it :D

Soldato
Is your name Tim Cook? Every phone is "the best phone we've ever released" :D :D :)
Busted :eek: I hope they keep this trend going with the mini. Maybe a 13 mini pro next year !?

Oh shush. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one and really shouldn't spend the money!

I went from a 2020 SE and couldn’t be happier. More screen real estate, in the same size chassis (pretty much ) :D

Soldato
Busted :eek: I hope they keep this trend going with the mini. Maybe a 13 mini pro next year !?

I went from a 2020 SE and couldn’t be happier. More screen real estate, in the same size chassis (pretty much ) :D
I'm a perennial Android user, but I'm getting frustrated with my 2 year old OnePlus 6. Random crashes, apps not opening, etc. And I really want a smaller phone

Soldato
i sent the Saddle Brown and Baltic Blue back, just doesn't seem premium enough or me, the sides feel like cardboard, even at £49, id rather have something else

ive been trialling a few other cases but not found the right one for me, ive ordered a Caudabe Sheath, im hoping that will be the one

id of had a Mous Contour (leather back) but they don't make it for the 12, only the Limitless which is too bulky in my eyes

Sorry, I totally missed your reply. I'm glad in a way that my Mous Limitless 3.0 didn't arrive because after seeing a few reviews, I agree that it's too bulky. The 12 Pro is already on the heavy side.

The Caudabe Sheath does look very nice! Has yours arrived yet? The Synthesis looks rather appealing too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, I totally missed your reply. I'm glad in a way that my Mous Limitless 3.0 didn't arrive because after seeing a few reviews, I agree that it's too bulky. The 12 Pro is already on the heavy side.

The Caudabe Sheath does look very nice! Has yours arrived yet? The Synthesis looks rather appealing too.
Hey mate

Not arrived yet. I ordered about 2 weeks ago from them in the states. Il chase them today.

I've read there is a UK seller too on ebay.

Caporegime
Unless you really need the incremental updates there is little point from an XS. Each to there own. Once the case is on IOS looks the same on them all
Not sure why you think a 12 pro has incremental updates over an xs.
I’m coming from an xs and it’s a pretty big upgrade for me. Battery is better, it’s much faster and the camera is much better especially in low light. Also bigger screen 6.1” compared to 5.8”, granted it’s not a huge difference but I’ve noticed how bigger the screen is compared to my XS.

Soldato
I'm a perennial Android user, but I'm getting frustrated with my 2 year old OnePlus 6. Random crashes, apps not opening, etc. And I really want a smaller phone
If you switch, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. :) if you can, go see one in person at an apple store (not sure if they’re open due to lockdown though ?)

was playing around with the camera and night mode last night. I was rather impressed. It works so well !

Soldato
Picked up my 12 pro max today, back on the AUP and because of the farce on release day they are waving the initial £69 quid you normally have to pay.
Also told me I’d get more money trading in and doing the AUP again so done that and got over £100 back from that too.

Back
Top Bottom