What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Now I notice some weird damage on the front of my car. It is parked in front of my home.

It has always stayed exactly in that place with another car parked next to it.
This weekend the neighbours decided to sell their car and two days they fought to start the engine.

I suspect the buyers did it - the questions are how, why and with what tool? :eek: :confused: :(

Are we looking at the upper damage, the lower, or both? I can see stress cracks in the paint so its probable someone just drove into it and the bumper has popped back into shape.

Soldato
Now I notice some weird damage on the front of my car. It is parked in front of my home.

This weekend the neighbours decided to sell their car and two days they fought to start the engine.

I suspect the buyers did it - the questions are how, why and with what tool? :eek: :confused: :(

Someone has dropped something heavy against it

Soldato

I'd say looks like someone's reversed into it with their door slightly open. That's had an edge against it with some force.

Soldato

Looks like another vehicle hit it to cause that level of damage. :(

This makes me really angry when other drivers do this & drive away or do not own up to it :mad: Today I have an excellent mobile repairer coming to respray damage caused to my right rear wheel arch & rear three quarter panel caused by someone scraping past it in a car park then driving off :( leaving behind dents & broken paintwork!

Going to cost me £320 today alone (also had to pay the same amount last month TWICE!! to get 2 similar incidents fixed where bus drivers had collided then drove off without stopping!). So I am down almost £1K in a month on repairs caused by reckless drivers :( No wonder someone told me on here in London its very hard to keep your car in good condition as the other drivers have such poor driving skills :mad:

Permabanned
It's really sad - some people's driving skills are limited. And the sad thing is when they simply don't want to admit or hold any responsibility.
There is insurance and their insurance would have covered the damage repair costs.

I consider putting cameras on my balcony. So, I would know who would have done it and will keep them responsible!

Associate
Looks like another vehicle hit it to cause that level of damage. :(

This makes me really angry when other drivers do this & drive away or do not own up to it :mad: Today I have an excellent mobile repairer coming to respray damage caused to my right rear wheel arch & rear three quarter panel caused by someone scraping past it in a car park then driving off :( leaving behind dents & broken paintwork!

Going to cost me £320 today alone (also had to pay the same amount last month TWICE!! to get 2 similar incidents fixed where bus drivers had collided then drove off without stopping!). So I am down almost £1K in a month on repairs caused by reckless drivers :( No wonder someone told me on here in London its very hard to keep your car in good condition as the other drivers have such poor driving skills :mad:

Christ on a bike, have you had MORE damage on your Megane? I'd be starting to question whether the universe has something against you or the car at this point....

Soldato
Christ on a bike, have you had MORE damage on your Megane? I'd be starting to question whether the universe has something against you or the car at this point....
3 times now in all so far 4 if you count an object from the road grazing the front bumper last week leaving minor scratches!

I think its a damage magnet :p ;) people admire the sparking blue Terna Metallic paintwork (its really dazzling when its sunny due to all the polish & resprays!!) then lose control (or never had it to begin with more like!).

I have reached the limit of what I want to pay for resprays as £1k is a lot of money so now I will in future (hopefully no more damage....) take their plates & report them rather than pay to fix myself!

Man of Honour
First time trying the new phone in the car's new DIY fast wireless charging bay. Had an S10e before that fit right in flush which was cool but realised getting the phone out without a pull-tab was difficult. New phone is an S20 5G and slips in at an angle making it really easy to take out.

FastWirelessChargingSpigen_DIY_S205G.jpg

Man of Honour
Happy Birthday Ayub!

How well does it hold the phone when you're partaking in some vigorous braking? :D

Oh the wireless pad has a no slip surface but because of the angle, I'd have to have a head on collision for it to fly out :D

@mrk
Didn't you show a before an after pic of this the other week ?
i thought your phone fitted better that that now ?

I did post a before/after pic of the mod itself with the new wireless charging pad as I replaced the old DIY one I dismantled. call that one v1.0, this is 2.0 without dismantling straight off the shelf :cool:

The old phone did fit right in and lay flat flush but that was an S10e which is slightly shorter in height. The new phone is an S20 5G and is a tad narrower but a tad taller so sits at an angle leaving a lip to lift the phone out nicely and the screen is angled too now which I like a bit more as a quick glance for any additional nav aids used etc.

Soldato
On a stand with the head off. Was going to see if I can borrow a meaty electric impact gun from work.

My 1/2” impact gun wouldn’t do it. And dare I say it, blocked the block up with wood so the crank wouldn’t spin in place. Then just undid it with a breaker bar.

I had previously undone the oil squirters so they weren’t in the way to get crushed.

It’s still true and hasn’t deflected at all, not that I’d expect it too, it’s a meaty bit of metal.

I have since made a tool up from some steel plate.

Back
Top Bottom