Poll: *** The official 2020 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

What 2020 Apple Silicon notebook have you ordered?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Associate
Well I just ordered my first macOS device, the entry level MacBook Air. I ordered it from Amazon as I will get it tomorrow. Time to see what the fuss is all about.

Nice one. Give it some time, get used to the shortcuts etc and importantly make sure all your devices are sync'ed up (assuming you have an iPhone).

Associate
Mine has now departed the Netherlands.

I went for the 16gb, 8 core GPU 512GB air. Replacing an older 12" m7 - 16GB 12" Macbook, I was waiting for the new shapes but I am curious about the performance of these and it seems they don't want to release another 12 :(

Due for Monday delivery!
delivery.png

Commissario
OP
I went for the 16gb, 8 core GPU 512GB air. Replacing an older 12" m7 - 16GB 12" Macbook, I was waiting for the new shapes but I am curious about the performance of these and it seems they don't want to release another 12 :(
That's exactly the spec I've ordered and replacing exactly the same model MacBook. I'm in Essex and it looks like they were shipped on the same day.
Yet yours appears to have come by a different method because that doesn't look like DHL to me. Odd.

Associate
That's exactly the spec I've ordered and replacing exactly the same model MacBook. I'm in Essex and it looks like they were shipped on the same day.
Yet yours appears to have come by a different method because that doesn't look like DHL to me. Odd.

Yea mine is DHL too, it came by Korea. I suspect they will be in our hands about the same time.

Soldato
The more I see reviews/comparisons of these machines the more tempted I am. Currently got a 2019 i5 2.4/8GB/256GB MBP... could easily run with either base models of the models. Decisions..

Soldato
Mine just arrived and I’m currently doing the OS update. Trying to do things as I would in Windows but, obviously, things are somewhat different. I’ll get there and will be watching lots of YouTube videos to suss this all out.

One quick question, my MacBook Air has the @ symbol on the #2 key as a US layout keyboard would. It does have the € symbol there as well. Do Apple not have the proper UK a keyboard layout with the “ on key 2?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine just arrived and I’m currently doing the OS update. Trying to do things as I would in Windows but, obviously, things are somewhat different. I’ll get there and will be watching lots of YouTube videos to suss this all out.

One quick question, my MacBook Air has the @ symbol on the #2 key as a US layout keyboard would. It does have the € symbol there as well. Do Apple not have the proper UK a keyboard layout with the “ on key 2?

Apple UK keyboard layout always had @ on 2 and " on where @ normally would be.

You can choose "British - PC" as a keyboard layout, making it identical to PC keyboards.

Back
Top Bottom