• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
I said this before and was slated for thinking this lol.

I've always been brought up that if you can't afford to buy something twice, then don't buy it
We can't all be well off enough to buy 2 of everything but can still have enough to buy 1, with this attitude we might never own anything. Most of us don't live in a perfect world but that doesn't mean we shouldn't buy what we can afford as, Life is short and we should reay Rey to live in the now rather than in the future.

Associate
I haven't managed to grab a 6800XT yet - but for the people who have from OC they made the judgement that managing to get one even if the price is higher than a competitor, that's better for them than not getting one at all. They are hard to get hold of at the moment so if you could get one day one, or wait a couple of months it can still be worth it - yes it would be nice is MSRP was stuck to religiously but if they didn't buy it, in the situation with high demand and low stock there would be a hundred other people who would have paid the same price waiting in line. Unfortunately its how supply and demand and capitalism works.
I get it, but just makes my mind boggle that people go crazy and put up with it, just because they can or just because they might not get one. I've aid it many times but this doesn't happen withing any other retail product and it's needs some regulation imo.

Associate
I did request customer services not to cancel the over sales on those cards but I suppose with the stress and workload they are under they have maybe forgotten and cancelled anyway.

The additional 95pc Sapphire will be with us next week, when they land I shall inform the forums again before allowing them to ordered so any forum members wanting one stand a better chance of getting one.

I shall also do the same when the 100pc Powercolor land as well.

You could also drop a post in CS section with your order number and request they change you to a Powercolor card now and link my response here and they should be able to sort that for you next week.

Thanks, created a post in the CS forum linking back to this thread requesting the change. I originally raised my request to swap to a powercolor card if I'd missed out in a webnote, maybe not appreciating the difference between the CS forum and the webnotes, so fingers crossed for this to play out in my favour.

Associate
I had figured luck of the draw was generally being removed with the use of careful manual order rocessing. Seems there's still a bit left. Slight preferences on their end must exist for things such as ease of us & processing refunds but I imagine my paypal card payment isn't much different to yours.
Not that it matters much now with the availability of the power colour boxed version, but paying with a paypal account funded by card vs one with cleared funds in it already could actually make a difference. My order sat at processing payment for quite a while (not sure of exact length of time but around half an hour possibly) before the status turned to received but not yet shipped. I'm assuming that wait was for the funds to clear from my paypal account in the Overclockers account, in your case you might have had an additional delay from paypal placing a hold on your card until funds transferred into your paypal account.

Associate
With missing out on a reference 6800 XT, I don't know if AIB 6800XT's will be worth the money compared to a 6800 at £600. Would like the extra performance of the XT due to gaming at ultrawide but knowing my luck, I probably wont get anything. lol. OCUK still have not refunded my credit card, bloody hell!

Associate
It's restocked once since the launch day, on Friday. Stock lasted all of a few minutes and sadly I missed it. The checkout process is finicky though and can require you to click back to the main shop before checkout will load. Though I've not seen that myself as I've never managed to add one to cart. As best as I can tell stock is only dropping at the same time each day as launch was, so 2pm.

Associate
I get it, but just makes my mind boggle that people go crazy and put up with it, just because they can or just because they might not get one. I've aid it many times but this doesn't happen withing any other retail product and it's needs some regulation imo.

You think the government stepping in to set prices would make things better? That’s never worked in history.

You already have the power to regulate, simply don’t buy. That’s the most powerful regulation of all. You’re not losing anything by doing nothing in this market.

Only the government (and perhaps also the wife) can force you to buy things.

Back
Top Bottom