• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5800x 87c in Cinebench...

Soldato
For my AIO, the offset bracket made no difference, obviously there are some coolers it will help with, but it was worth trying for the money :)

Soldato
just want to report my findings with my 5800x and the Der8auer offset mount for AIO. (corsair H100i (platinum? i think))

Using PBO to boost to 5Ghz single cores. auto core voltage. 1.1v SOC, 1900fclk (2x16gb DR 3800c14)
VDDG IOD/CCD mv: 1015 / 1060

Seeing idle temps (CCD1 Tdie) of 28-30cc (ambient depending) in CB R20 multi im seeing a max of ~80c even with back to back runs.
Mid to high 60s in gaming loads. Prime/Linpack/occt temps im seeing about 88c max.

CB R20 Multi=~5950 Single=645.
Aida GB/s R:66 W:31 C:58 54ns mem

Im happy with that so far. I managed to get 4000MT/s (2000FCLK) workling but with dogger timings and tighter 3800seems better and less messing around.

I notice the CCD1 Tdie sensor jumps up and down very fast and therfore the water temp of the aio doesnt get very high (~33c?).
I would reccomend the offset mounting bracket for the single CCD chips, the idea seems sound enough and its cheap.

Gaming is really smoothe now where i had stutters with my 2600x.

If anyone wants more info let me know.

What case, fan setup, paste and is this in balanced mode?

Associate
What case, fan setup, paste and is this in balanced mode?

Thermaltake Core X9 (massive case) fans on everything (200 front intake. push pull on rad. stock amd fan pointing at ram etc)

Paste is Kryonaught in the "too much" application method :D

And yes fresh install of Win10 20H2 in ballanced mode but power slider is set to max performance in the settings menu.

Associate
yes stock voltage PBO +150 mhz

Im using "board limits" for PPT,EDC,TDC instead of the amd spec "auto/default" . but thats not really memory related.

Associate
yes stock voltage PBO +150 mhz

Im using "board limits" for PPT,EDC,TDC instead of the amd spec "auto/default" . but thats not really memory related.

Pretty good, wonder what people can get with an OC. What are your board settings compared to default (if you know?), thats very nice single core score

Associate
EDC is 150 amps when doing a CB20 run and thats 70%.. so i dont know something like 200amps?

Im just rough guessing here. I cant find anywhere to tell me how much Wattage the CPU is using, maybe HWiNFO needs an update.

Soldato
yes I left it on as it at least means I can take off the block without needing to remove the SSD box and hold the backplate in place :D

rn2

rn2

Associate
It sucks that we have to mess around with the settings to make the processor work properly (or cooler). I'm leaning towards the 5900x now because of this. I haven't seen anyone reporting issues with the 5900x.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey fellas.
Also run 5800x and getting 88-90C in r23.
Thermalright Frost Spirit 140, Liquid Freezer II 240 - same result.
However, i found out Arcric released new mounting kit for AM4 on AIO. This kit have an option to offset. They already sent me one, so i will test once it arrives.
If this wont help i officially give up.

Associate
I've been lucky enough to get a 5950x so thought I'd share the temps I'm seeing.

Getting 40C idle (lock screen nothing running), mid 60s in normal use (web browsing, YouTube) and low 70s during a Cinebench 30min run. So these seem ok, however I'm also seeing very large temp spikes in certain situations, for example I got a max temp of 89C when launching AC Valhalla, for it to then settle to mid to low 70s during game play. I'm guessing it's due to a single core boosting.

I'm using a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum Cooler.

TomD

Associate
Strange, I have really good temperatures with my Artic Liquid Freezer II 280.

Regarding their new AM4 kit I had also ordered it, just because it is supposed to be much easier to mount compared to their original mount, but it turned out to be useless in my case. Not such if it specific to my motherboard (Asrock B550 Extreme4) but there wasn't enough clearance around the socket and their mounting plate was touching a capacitor on the motherboard.

Soldato
5800X @ 83c @ 100% load / 131w

That's with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock slim cooler (so I could get 4 sticks installed) in a push pull fan configuration.
It is toasty but it's below 90c.

Interesting I've got the same cooler but only one fan... cinebench gives me 74c but CPU-Z stress is 78c Idles temps are higher in the 40's but then the 3900 was just the same there. I was a bit worried about the higher but looking at some of the others here doesn't sound bad?

https://ibb.co/jLjRzC2

n.b. check the power plan I was still on the old Ryzen Balanced from the 3900 switched to regular balanced and that reduced temperatures a lot pretty sure it was much higher previously

nevermind that was during gaming Core Temp saw 87c max there. Toasty.

Last edited:
Associate
are you using the latest amd drivers and ryzen master because after installing the latest drivers I do not have a ryzen power plan available, just the normal windows power plans are there, so was wondering why you still have them.

Soldato
The ones from october? Yes though I just installed them over the old ones. So I tried uninstalling via Programs and Features which removed the obsolete power plans but trying to reinstall the drivers again it stops on a cmd prompt window during "Installing chipset drivers" and goes no further unless I manually close it.. oh boy.

Associate
Btw even without new mount, in games i dont see temperatures higher than 72 on 5800x. I guess it's not terrible, but if i could drop it just a tiny bit or make it more stable on desktop.. Because simply opening the browser can cause a spike up to 72 as well.

Associate
you wont solve rapid spikes no amtter what cooler or paste or liquid metal or whatever. its at the silicone level and nothing is going to transfer the heat spike that quickly throught the silicone>TIM>IHS>Paste>Cooler>Water

Its just what it is, and its fine to spike to 70-80 nothing wrong with that. its even fine to run at 90c it wont brake it will just throttle if it needs to.

Associate
you wont solve rapid spikes no amtter what cooler or paste or liquid metal or whatever. its at the silicone level and nothing is going to transfer the heat spike that quickly throught the silicone>TIM>IHS>Paste>Cooler>Water

Its just what it is, and its fine to spike to 70-80 nothing wrong with that. its even fine to run at 90c it wont brake it will just throttle if it needs to.

It's more of a sound issue really.
Then i guess I will have to try different fans.
Usually i just software control my fans with Argus Monitor, all fans are controlled depending on GPU temperature. Very simple and effictive solution.
However my new front intake fans i bought for a new PC simply refuse to be software controlled, Scythe Kaze Flex 140mm - they begin to rattle. I will also try different headers to see if it helps, if not - different fans.
Because exhaust fan is thermalright - no issues, also no issues with arctic. It's either headers or fans.

Back
Top Bottom