Selling car and car tax PLG to Disability?

Soldato
Not sure if this is a guy trying a scam or legit cos I cant even get head around it.

"As both my wife and myself are registered disabled we get free car tax, for is to do this we have to take the logbook to the post office as the taxation class needs to be changed from plg to disabled class. So will need to keep logbook to take to the post office.
What usually gets done is I show you my driving licence and you take a photo of the v5 along with doing a reciept. If you are happy to do this then will come and see the car when your in."

" Basically when usually purchasing a car the person who owns the car sends logbook off to be changed, with me its diffrent, I take the full logbook because I need it to tax it at the post office with disabled tax. You do a reciept take a photo of the logbook and I show you proof of address"

Is this right?

Soldato
I don’t know the details regarding disabled persons but I know they are exempt and need to change the tax class.

however there’s no way in hell I’ll release the V5 to a new owner, as it is your responsibility to post the V5 in with the new owner’s details. He could be a conman who is just going to drive the vehicle in your name, so all the tickets go to you.

Soldato
Having been through this process myself he is right that he needs the V5 to change the taxation class, but don't give him the V5. Complete and return your sections as normal. He may have to buy 1 months tax while he waits for his newly issued V5 to be able to change it, but that's the biggest impact on him. It certainly doesn't need to be done immediately.

Associate
Having been through this process myself he is right that he needs the V5 to change the taxation class, but don't give him the V5. Complete and return your sections as normal. He may have to buy 1 months tax while he waits for his newly issued V5 to be able to change it, but that's the biggest impact on him. It certainly doesn't need to be done immediately.

this, am disabled and always have to wait for new logbook doesnt take that long to come.

Soldato
I bought a car from a Nissan dealer that was the opposite situation. This was a disabled car and needed to be changed to PLG. The dealer drove me to the local post office to complete the process and pay the tax.

Back
Top Bottom