YouTube Premium

Permabanned
Complaints about ads in this day and age? I don't get it.

I just use Firefox with Adblock and Ublock Origin and have done for donkeys. It's probably the simplest way of watching YT without using the app.

Associate
Always wondered the legitimacy of using a VPN to obtain goods versus country of use tax rate. Ain't that fraud? :p

I know my subscription is liable/ pays the UKHMT 20% VAT.

I do laugh when those paying in Rupees, miss out of free stuff. Most recently Stadia controller and ultra HD Chromecast.

Permabanned
Always wondered the legitimacy of using a VPN to obtain goods versus country of use tax rate. Ain't that fraud? :p

I know my subscription is liable/ pays the UKHMT 20% VAT.

I do laugh when those paying in Rupees, miss out of free stuff. Most recently Stadia remote and ultra HD Chromecast.

I said I was a student when I got a laptop from Apple in 2011. There was no checks at all when the schemes first come about so I got £300 off a MBA 13"

RJC

RJC

Don
I was looking at ways to avoid the adds and I am looking at going with Vodafone as they offer YouTube as part of some of there Sim Only contracts.

Associate
I get premium as I paid £60 to be put in someones family. I also got spotify premium and films/live tv on the firestick for that as well and I've had 6 months out of it now so it's been a pretty good deal.

I'd struggle to go back to watching YouTube with the ads now.

Caporegime
Yeah the YouTuber “Gamers Nexus” does this “waffly content”, it’s really painful.

Ah yes, Steve. I see him with his stack of papers and can't skip his vids fast enough, they're literally just 40 mins of a guy reading off a script with a rather holier-than-thou attitude. If he had a bit of personality it wouldn't be so bad but his voice has literally made it possible to hear the colour beige.

Permabanned
I hate them, Lads do not give them a penny or buy anything i am pretty sure i got my account closed for calling people petty things like a useless airhead lol. A left wing cancel culture safe space promoting mafia. And it was a blessing in disguise. Being logged out on my phone and deleting the cache and disabling the app saved me 4gb in space!!!

And better, Now when i use the web version on Firefox Focus i get only one ad at the start of the video, Logged in it was plastered with ads. Seems like a win win for me. Go woke go broke!

Soldato
i pay the 10bucks per month. just cos i can't stand all the ads. I really watch a lot of YT. The way i see it, is i use to spend at least that on enthusiast magazines per month. Now i don't ever buy magazines anymore, and just YT on subjects i enjoy.

They are reading my mind and thoughts though.

Associate
I watch a reasonably amount of YouTube on my TV but I'm starting to find the ads quite annoying and it's putting me off using it so much.

YouTube premium is £12 a month, which is more expensive than Netflix, prime and Disney. It's a complete rip off for what you get.

I was using Google Play music for years and it was very good, until they cancelled the service and moved everything to YT Music. I tried to use it but tracks within my playlists would randomly not play. I would have to tap it 2-3 times to get it to play a track sometimes. I gave up with it and moved my playlists to the Samsung music app and just use that now.

Soldato
Another one using Indian VPN here. I was paying full price before and didn't begrudge paying that. But if there's the option to pay a tenth of that then so be it. 95% of what I watch is on Youtube. I don't dislike the baked in ads either (Skillshare, Manscaped etc), they're easy enough to skip and these people are jut trying to make a living. If their content is good enough I will watch it and put up with that.

Soldato
hmmm...if you're watching Youtube enough that the ad's are bothering you then £3 a week doesn't seem ridiculous

it varies but I've found tutorials/guides/reviews on Youtube that's saved me time/money and would easily pay for a years (or 2..3..) subscription to YT Premium within days!

I guess becuase Youtube was free at the start can make it seem like poor value now

I just put up with the adverts, everything I watch is for info rather than entertainment

Caporegime
Dumb question. It shows im losing touch with reality but...

If i indian VPN a sub it will work for all my logins wont it. lol I mean Phone Smart TV and PC screen it is account based and not nominated Devices etc?

Im gonna hit the buy button as soon as... Surf Shark says goodness gracious me.

Soldato
Dumb question. It shows im losing touch with reality but...

If i indian VPN a sub it will work for all my logins wont it. lol I mean Phone Smart TV and PC screen it is account based and not nominated Devices etc?

Im gonna hit the buy button as soon as... Surf Shark says goodness gracious me.

Just use Indian VPN for the initial sign up and payment then never use the VPN again, it'll renew monthly and all your logins work as normal :)

Back
Top Bottom