*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
you beat ,me to my edit :), so i heard back early this afternoon - so early monring from them saying they would consider my reqest but not heard owt since

Yeah i got a " we'll look into it" type response, then a while later got it confirmed. My guess is they can't do it themselves and are relying on someone else to update.

Associate
Has anyone else noticed a few guardian and controller tracking issues since the update with the guardian needing to be reset so it behaves fairly often, by often I mean once a day. Did not have any issues before update.

Soldato
How long does it last if you use a link cable? I often need to stop playing cos the battery is flat.
I don't know the answer to that BUT on another forum someone commentated that after the most recent update charge whilst playing on link had been boosted to such an extent that it could hold its own now and they could play indefinitely.

Associate
I don't know the answer to that BUT on another forum someone commentated that after the most recent update charge whilst playing on link had been boosted to such an extent that it could hold its own now and they could play indefinitely.
I have been playing a lot of rouge squadrons on link with everything maxed out using official link cable and have been gaining charge up to 80% where it holds. For instance I started playing yesterday with headset at 40% and finished 2 hours later on 75%. Some people seem to have more issues with the cheaper cables including the Anker. I think it’s probably got more to do with what USB port is being used.

Soldato
Tried NMS last night. I can imagine it could be an absolutely stunning game. But it's too much of a resource hog for my system. Minimum settings, a pitiful resolution (everything was a blurry mess), and it still couldn't get anywhere close to 90fps. It couldn't even lock 72fps.

Guess I'll need a substantially more powerful GPU for stuff like this...

Permabanned
Tried NMS last night. I can imagine it could be an absolutely stunning game. But it's too much of a resource hog for my system. Minimum settings, a pitiful resolution (everything was a blurry mess), and it still couldn't get anywhere close to 90fps. It couldn't even lock 72fps.

Guess I'll need a substantially more powerful GPU for stuff like this...

What are you running it on?

Soldato
No Mans Sky has awful performance, and always looks blurry in VR no matter what the settings. Also the VR flight and vehicle controls suck - why they don't use the analog sticks for vehicle control instead of an almost impossible to use virtual stick is beyond me...

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed a few guardian and controller tracking issues since the update with the guardian needing to be reset so it behaves fairly often, by often I mean once a day. Did not have any issues before update.

Yeah, your update is corrupt. I would do a factory reset. It solved all the issues I was having.

Back
Top Bottom