• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
As others have said, its AMD's marketing department that are to blame.
Difficulties getting stuff out during a pandemic we can understand, higher prices we can understand... but lying about the prices, the launch date and the availability is what really gets us all riled up.

If they'd just said right back when the NVidia launch failed that they didn't have enough product or logistics to meet demand either, we could have all planned around it.

Life Lesson: Don't do a major product launch inside Christmas peak shopping season during a global pandemic.

Associate
"Unfortunately, we do not have stock of this item on launch day." coming up on the site with 3-letter name. So if none of the main players have stock I guess nowhere will. The question now is, when WILL it arrive?

Associate
Got the Sapphire Nitro 6800XT on another site and paid the scalped price of £815. Figured can be bothered waiting till April/May and need it now for a build
Good luck everyone peace and out!

Associate
"Unfortunately, we do not have stock of this item on launch day." coming up on the site with 3-letter name. So if none of the main players have stock I guess nowhere will. The question now is, when WILL it arrive?
I bet it will trickle out until next year, with the horror stories at the ports I don't see any large deliveries of anything for a while at least and what does arrive will be in small enough batches to be flown in and distributed amongst all the retailers.

Soldato
UK Prices

Asrock RX 6800 XT Taichi £802.56
Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D £772.20
Asus RX6800 XT Strix LC £893.36
PowerColor Red Devil 6800 xt Limited Edition £787.21
PowerColor Red Devil 6800xt standard £777.18
PowerColor RX6800 XT Red Dagon £712
XFX RX6800 XT Speedster Merc £713.44

That ROG tax is like going in dry, in a desert, with desiccant wrapped around your manhood. painful!

Associate
AMD missed an absolute sitter here, they didn't even need the performance, just the stock and they would have won this GPU war. As it stands, this turnout will push people back to nvidia or consoles
Jensen was about to light a fat one then realised he no longer could get any more relaxed thanks to Sue.
I fear the power this returns to Nvidia in all seriousness, I don't think the GPU market is going to get back to normal now and silly season is going to be well into 2021.

Associate
The unfortunate thing is that through OCUK I actually managed to pre-order the Sapphire 6800 XT - actually pay for it only for it to be cancelled and not entered into a queue.

Physically sick is an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom