• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
This is just sad honestly. I was looking to do a new build in order to better run Cyberpunk as currently my system only meet minimum requirements. I may still upgrade, but to whatever is actually in stock and even then it still seems relatively price inflated due to the circumstances.

Associate
Yeah I hate it when people mis use the term 'paper launch' as they have been, for for the AIB cards this IS a paper launch, you can't physically buy them at all!

Associate
Making it just not really worth the uplift against the 3070.

IMO of course.

Yeah, I wanted an AMD card as I like the software suite and how the overclocking works in driver but this makes me consider nvidia as an actual option which is remarkable seeing as I despise their anti consumer tactics

Soldato
GIBBO said:
Sorry guys but we get so much flak when you guys are waiting on your orders and when I have gone and ordered 50,000 units and might struggle to see a few hundred cards this side of Christmas, it is ourselves who get the blame and the negative reviews, but as we do not manufacturer the product it is out of our control and considering that we can literally take 1000+ orders per minute on these new GPU launches which then causes havoc we have to take measures to stop this happening.

No - the reason you get the flak and negative reviews is not the lack of stock that's coming in - all vendors are struggling and they havent been hit like you have.

It's the fact you have no transparancy - seemingly make little to no effort in updating people on a regular basis - totally ignore the waves upon waves or requests for updates - and then post crap like this just trying to shift blame elsewhere for terrible customer service

Associate
This is just sad honestly. I was looking to do a new build in order to better run Cyberpunk as currently my system only meet minimum requirements. I may still upgrade, but to whatever is actually in stock and even then it still seems relatively price inflated due to the circumstances.
with no cards on the market, cyberpunk can safely launch in 2021-2022 :)

Caporegime
Not that nVidia did great themselves but is anyone really that surprised by this from AMD? A number of factors have made it more difficult but bodged launches is what they do :p....

Soldato
Just noticed 5700XT on a competitor site sell nearly ten units in the last 30 mins, people are obviously getting sick of the 6800 launch. Bet they sell all of them in the next 10 minutes

Associate
The unfortunate thing is that through OCUK I actually managed to pre-order the Sapphire 6800 XT - actually pay for it only for it to be cancelled and not entered into a queue.

Physically sick is an understatement.
Bit dramatic buddy? And in all fairness the queue systems so borked count yourself lucky.

Caporegime
I expected the 6800 non xt to sit in the £550-650 bracket but no, they are £600-700 which is creeping rapidly outside of my budget, what a mess of a launch

Its also outside mine.
After last week this was expected.
Within 500-600 (6800xt performance) i might have bitten it was what I was hoping for in August. All these rumours and excitement over the next gen.

Not at these prices.

Unless prices of all gpus come down in 2021 its confirmation im out of the pc gaming space. If this was price going forward, I might stick around. But next upgrade could be looking at 4 digit costs for a mid range gpu.

Im not even sure I will get an xbox. I don't game half as much as I used to. Its another reason North of 500 for a gpu is too much. I don't game enough

Associate
I saw a competitor have the ASUS ROG for pre order, when i put it in basket it said "10 due in 36-46 days" and the scheduled date was Dec 31st, how it's that long I don't know

Associate
Got the Sapphire Nitro 6800XT on another site and paid the scalped price of £815. Figured can be bothered waiting till April/May and need it now for a build
Good luck everyone peace and out!

If you were looking at the site I think, you might not be in receipt of the card til 31st December.

Associate
I called the dafty prices this morning on here and wasn't believed by many. Im sorry its the case, but it always was going to be the case and the AMD cards are just not worth £800-£1000 no matter what £10 heat pipe you strap to it.

Associate
Its also outside mine.
After last week this was expected.
Within 500-600 i might have bitten

Not at these prices.

Unless prices of all gpus come down in 2021 its confirmation in out of the pc gaming space. If this was price going forward, I might stick around. But next upgrade could be looking at 4 digit costs for a mid range gpu.

Im not even sure I will get an xbox. I don't game half as much as I used to. Its another reason North of 500 for a gpu is too much. I don't game enough

I dont even want to think about the cost of future generations frankly. First time I will say this but we need intel to enter the gpu market with a decent product to shake up the duopoly that AMD and Nvidia are developing between themselves. Obviously we dont know what the margins on these cards are for AMD but tech is meant to get cheaper over time as it becomes easier to produce not more and more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom