• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Honestly, completely neglecting to fulfil a promise (“We will keep you updated on the stock situation via the forums”) whilst willy waving about your possessions would be bad enough, but complaining about being ripped off... my, that really takes the biscuit.
I understand that he paid for his flash car with his own personal wealth and that is none of anyones business but the fact he is getting paid and not doing his job properly is derisory..

Associate
If the promotional bundle is included in your order, the codes should be emailed to you after dispatch. You should be one of the last people to still receive it from OCUK. From Monday, OCUK may be using the excuse that the promotional offer expires on 30/11 and that they can no longer honour it because of Nvidia (even though other retailers are still including promotional offers with the cards they sell).

EDIT: There seem to be rumours it's been extended again, though I cannot find that information on Nvidia's site. At the time I write this, https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/30-series-watch-dogs-legion-bundle/ still states 30 November as the redemption deadline.

BUY ASUS GEFORCE RTX™ 30 Series, GET Watch Dogs: Legion
Description
Promotion Period : Sep. 17, – Oct. 29, 2020

Last day of redemption on ASUS site : Dec. 24, 2020

Last day of redemption on NVIDIA : Dec. 31, 2020

*Terms and conditions apply

From https://www.asus.com/events/info/activity_watch-dogs-legion/

Associate
Description

That link appears to be for a different region...

"The following process is available for Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, Vietnam. Please redeem your code with NVIDIA GeForce Experience software."

Associate
Good to know. So less than 25. SMH.

Meanwhile Gibbo appears in another thread complaining about an expensive replacement knob for his Ferrari!

I thought Ferrari’s WERE expensive replacement knobs.

:D:D:D

For anyone interested, it's post #683. The motors form is the place where you can find multiple updates from Gibbo every day. It's about replacement knobs though, not GPUs.

Associate
Lol what are y'all talking about Gibbo is giving regular updates on shipments they're getting. What do you want him to do, he can't update us more often than the facts change, and repeating the same information over and over won't make the cards arrive any faster either.

Associate
It just shows how low OC are on the rung of the ladder that they get the scraps whilst [competitor] seems to be fulfilling more than them. They have waved their tiny groins around (as per their GPU pre-order page) and have nothing to back it up with.

Would be nice just for an update after 3 weeks on msi gaming x trio weather some are coming in soon or not

Lord Lucan has them. Not OC.

Associate
Description

I had a look at that page and it says:
  • Under "Redeem your game code": "
    • "Offer is available from Sep. 17, 2020 – Oct. 29, 2020, or while supplies last."
  • The graphic of the promotional offer states:
    "Last day of redemption on Nvidia site: Nov 30th, 2020."
  • Under description: "Last day of redemption on Nvidia: Dec 31, 2020"
It's quite rare to see something so inconsistent and poorly cobbled together by a business. I hope they have different engineers designing their graphics cards because the standard of that website is akin to a certain business that was awarded a ferry contract by Chris Grayling.

@ASUS GPU Support: can you feed back to your employer that they might want to proofread that page.

Associate
Lol what are y'all talking about Gibbo is giving regular updates on shipments they're getting. What do you want him to do, he can't update us more often than the facts change, and repeating the same information over and over won't make the cards arrive any faster either.

His last update said he was getting around 50 TUFs. Less than 25 were shipped to customers. What use are the updates if they don’t match reality? Other cards have been shipped out, but there was no mention of them coming in. Ergo the updates are pretty useless really.

Associate

On how many cards actually turned up would be nice because so far an "OK" amount of TUF Non-OC have not turned up, seems like only 14ish have

Associate
In one of his posts, Gibbo mentioned ‘grey importers’. I wonder if that’s what OC are doing... Selling to smaller retailers. Why sell a single card for £650 if you can sell a couple of dozen for £700 in a single transaction?

Associate
I've submitted a webnote to ask about the discrepancy between what Gibbo said and what has turned up.

I'm pretty sure once I get my TUF I'll be done with OCUK for good, the past few months have illuminated me to how OCUK are as a company and I'm not impressed

Associate
In one of his threads he mentioned ‘grey importers’. I wonder if that’s what OC are doing... Selling to smaller retailers. Why sell a single card for £650 if you can sell a couple of dozen for £700 in a single transaction?

I noticed something on a certain catalogue site beginning with V. Under a 3080 gaming X they had listed there is a review (still shows up in google search on about p5). The review suggests the delivery was from OCUK, and the reviewer thanks Gibbo. Mind you as far as I can tell that site hasn't had any more cards for sale since then. But it seems they sometimes direct sell though other websites.

Back
Top Bottom