• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
[Redacted] expect stock of both TUF OC & Non-OC models for next week and the week after, if that's true I think we can probably expect at least something here (showing that ASUS has finally started shipping more cards)...

If said company can tell us what they expect in the next 2 weeks, why can't OCUK?

I'm starting to think that OCUK use their competitors' websites to estimate what kind of stock they might be getting in themselves! "What's that? TUF Gaming and TUF Gaming OC in early December? I wonder if they'll spare a few for us as well?"

Or perhaps they're ordering from said competitors, so they have to estimate how many the OCUK procurement bots will be able to source from each respective website (this would at least explain the OCUK need for extra margin on most products).

Some things are just not meant to be known by mortal folk. Clearly OCUK don't have direct access to the stock information themselves, otherwise it'd be pathetic and embarrassing to ruin a company's reputation with such an easy remedy at hand. The poor customer service staff are at the mercy of whatever typos Gibbo can summon every 4-10 days, so information beyond what is shared simply cannot exist.

There are loads of explanations for this, so we must be reasonable e.g. maybe Gibbo's forgotten the first name of his contact at Asus and it'd be too humiliating to call them up without being able to address them*.

*If I had to guess, I'd start with Rog (short for Roger).

Associate
Going to have to get a stop gap at this rate... I'm building first pc for son later next year, I might invest in his card early. Anyone got some 150 quid ideas? I'm thinking 1660 for 1080p
I did the same thing and ordered an Asus Dual 1660 OC - doing me very nicely for 1080p gaming - Red Read Redemption with almost everything on Ultra is great. Just don't buy it from Overclockers, they're so unreliable right now. Some competitors have great deals on.

Associate
Well said mate. None of us expect @Gibbo to comment on this thread constantly but the lack of clear info is worrying.
Sadley Giblet is making them money by selling to new customers and leaving those that have already paid in a queue.. this is my first order from OC, They only have the order as they left the queue open.. that's why they did it, hoping they could then cry to suppliers about there massive back orders.. all the suppliers obviously don't like the strategy either as they seem willing to sell to anyone but OC.. i'll hang around until i can either bag something close to msrp elsewhere and cancel or April 22 when based on performance so far my order will be fulfilled. OC have handled this the worst for a consumer.. not sure if they bag double the orders they might be happy with it.

But really Nvidia .. you obviously never inteneded anyone to fulfil 3080 orders, it was just to head off the competition. Getting a 3070 ( at nearly 3080 prices ) or massively overpaying for a 3090 is a doddle..

Associate
Finally got my 3080 tuf oc this past Monday...
Ordered around 11pm on Launch day, wish I hadn't hesitated :(
And would you believe, I haven't even installed yet, getting all OCD about making sure my new AMD rig is running well first on my old 780ti (yes 780ti) and wanna compare numbers....
But that all changes tonight!
RTX on WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RIDONK Power Draw WOOOOOOO
Overheating the crap out of my new case, WOOOOOOOO
The waiting sucked, let's hope it was worth the wait
:)

Associate
Follow up question if I may:

Why can the large competitor say a proper number, yet we have to have this bloody ‘Allo, Allo’ code nonsense.

Eg: “We are expecting 39 TUFs this week”

or even:

“I’m sorry to say that of the 39 TUFs we were expecting, only 19 came”

or (This works best if you can say it like Avon Barksdale”):

“s’up homies. We got 50 TUFs in this week, but we put 9 aside for prebuilts, and sold 10 to that ebay store for above MSRP. Alwayz Bidnezz”

Quite simply because they are putting a large number of those cards in prebuild rigs and won't admit it otherwise they'll get a huge number of refunds demanded

Back
Top Bottom