Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
hi, just posting up my experiences so far with this monitor.
was looking at the dell 27 144 1ms and the iilyama, but could not decide on uw or not. didn't think i could do curved either.
dell messing around something chronic, so picked up one of these, can always send em back eh?
out of the box it feels to be a good quality monitor, stand is not wobbly, it's not going to tip without some force.
plugged it in and no dead/stuck pixels, no light bleeding in anywhere, good image. very bright out of the box.
managed to get flickering in windows and games. very obvious, horizontal bands of digital noise visible when it occurred, every 5 seconds or so.
took out cables and replaced, making sure they were properly home.
updated gpu drivers
removed hdmi cable from gpu that was sat in there (not to monitor)
flicker stopped. i'm not sure what sorted it, but it was one of these things. nothing at all since it stopped.

monitor is on new firmware,
i5 6600k
1060 6gb latest normal driver
dp cable from the box.

overall very happy. smooth gameplay, UW and curve is odd in windows, but ace in games.
going to get that dell cancelled now, i think this is a keeper.

Associate
Just purchased two of these for £380 each off the Rainforest, hoping that they won't have the flickering issues and I won't get dead pixels.
Got 2 KabelDirekt VESA 8K DP cables, fingers crossed!

Going to be using them in PCs with a 970 and a 1070.

Last edited:
Associate
If there is anybody deciding between this Iiyama and Gigabyte G34WQC, I would recommend IIyama.

Overdrive is without a doubt better on Iiyama (0 setting) compared to Gigabyte (Speed). If you go to +1 or +2 you get inverse ghosting on Iiyama. Gigabyte does not have any higher Overdrive than Speed.
Stand is just superior on IIyama, less wobbly, can be lifted higher by quiet a lot.

Other stuff would be just subjective, the panels seem exactly the same. Out of the box Iiyama had too much blue and was cooler than Gigabyte, which had a bit wierd color balance. Both should cover 84.4 Adobe RGB and 86.x of P3 - used my x-rite spectometer only on Iiyama.
Ocasional in-game flickering is there and is subjectively worse on Iiyama, but I am putting it down to a crappy DP cable they put in box. Tomorrow I am getting proper Club3D one.

Interesting is that both screens have exactly the same lighter spots on same places at full black / deep gray, which are not noticable at normal use, must be tied to the panel manufacturing.

Best of luck, if you are getting one. So far I really like mine and gonna keep it, unless I find something unexpected (gotten the screen today)

Associate
Monitor arrived today, it's great so far, but I've applied LRT's colour profile and I'm noticing a significant greeny blue hue over images, much more so than my older IPS monitor.

Does anybody know why this might be. I can fix the colours in the adjustments to bring them more inline with my IPS but then scrolling through text introduces blur.

Last edited:
Associate
I just set overdrive to +2 (what changes does it make?); also, noticed that my input was set to DP 1.2 instead of 1.4. Hopefully this now changes things.

Associate
I just set overdrive to +2 (what changes does it make?); also, noticed that my input was set to DP 1.2 instead of 1.4. Hopefully this now changes things.

google “ufo monitor test” and change the overdrive setting - you’ll soon see

be sure you’re setup for 144hz in windows

(I presume you’re using this to game on)

Last edited:
Associate
Does yours make a audible kind of "whine"? I'm using the DP cable that came with the monitor; thinking to buy another.
No.. it made an audible click with the flicker.

However, even though that is fixed i have now noticed a very slight flicker when using 144hz mode and freesync. I think the mass confusion here is that there are so many different issues, and differing levels and kinds of flicker people are seeing. At the moment its not enough to make me send it back. Its got a 3 year warranty so just going to keep my eye on it.

Associate
Monitor arrived today, it's great so far, but I've applied LRT's colour profile and I'm noticing a significant greeny blue hue over images, much more so than my older IPS monitor.

Does anybody know why this might be. I can fix the colours in the adjustments to bring them more inline with my IPS but then scrolling through text introduces blur.

Not sure this is going to work for you since you seem to have too much green. But if you disable that colour profile, put the monitor setting to default and set 96 red, 100 green, 93 blue you might see improvement. I have gotten to 0.3-0.5 delta E depending on brightness just by touching the colours.

Associate
google “ufo monitor test” and change the overdrive setting - you’ll soon see

be sure you’re setup for 144hz in windows

(I presume you’re using this to game on)

+1 has inverse ghosting, +2 has really bad inverse ghosting. These guys seems to have the same result, 48% overshoot in max OD. I would recommend 0.

Inverse ghosting is when you start to see black trails behind the top UFO guy instead of yellow as they should be.

Associate
+1 has inverse ghosting, +2 has really bad inverse ghosting. These guys seems to have the same result, 48% overshoot in max OD. I would recommend 0.

Inverse ghosting is when you start to see black trails behind the top UFO guy instead of yellow as they should be.

The thing is - whilst it’s noticeable in the test - I don’t notice it in game.

Associate
Not sure this is going to work for you since you seem to have too much green. But if you disable that colour profile, put the monitor setting to default and set 96 red, 100 green, 93 blue you might see improvement. I have gotten to 0.3-0.5 delta E depending on brightness just by touching the colours.
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately not. The image has a teal green colour over it, looks really unnatural, and any attempt to adjust the colours in the menus leads to really noticeable text smearing.

Super dissapointed, I'm hoping that the second one which is coming tommorow, won't have any issues and that it isn't a consistent flaw with the manufacturing.

Associate
UPDATE:
My second monitor arrived, no issues whatsoever with that one. Colours are accurate to my eye and very little black smearing.

I've contacted iiyama to have the first one picked up and a replacement sent out.
Pretty frustrated but at least my girlfriend has a working one and I should hopefully have a new one soon.

Soldato
Got this on Saturday and loving it so far, only played WoW but that looks great.

Noticed one thing though, when I'm scrolling a web page the text dims and becomes unreadable. Seems to happen on sites that have darker backgrounds with coloured text. Any idea what's causing it?

Back
Top Bottom