LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

I haz 4090!
Don
30 quid off am seeing from the regular places, black nothing as usual even 4-5 weeks ago they had at least £100 gift vouchers and £100 free FN4 ear phones.

I declare we rename "Black Friday" to "ordinary Friday" :p

Yeah, it's really annoying! I'm after the 55" but it's £1299, which to me seems like a worse deal than the £100 gift vouchers and free headphones.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I wonder if you read all this thread!, I have an windows behind me, but I use common senses not to return my CX for a small problem so to fix it is to cover the window in day time when the sun it out. As we all know OLED have a glossy screen so don't make out it's OLED problem because it not and you only trying to find fault with it just to return it also I have just a 73cm desk and it works for me with my CX 55inch there will never be a small 32inch OLED because it wouldn't sale also it would cost LG to spend more money on smaller OLED glass cutting and allots of glass waste.

if you sat there watching just a white screen your eyes will see pinks,blue,blacks and so on and even your eyes will play tricks on you at the end so you only do this to find a fault? @800nits

super grouchy Aorus !

The LG CX ain't perfect exactly and it may not be everyone's cup of tea. The glossy screen is a well known issue for many but tbf its conflicting you could watch and read a few reviews around the net and some say the glossy screen is not an issue and it's not bad even but imo when you get it you see just how bad it is.

Its not like LG slap a sticker on it saying only use during night time or close curtains during day time :D

But yes we still love the LG CX with its faults, no such thing as a perfect TV !

It's been said by TV calibrators also that the LG CX push blue more sadly. I will be checking into it more when I calibrate my 48CX soon and compare
d-mans tweaked settings, I want to see how off the screen is with tv defaults, dman settings and then after calibration and also if its even worth the cost.

Associate
super grouchy Aorus !

The LG CX ain't perfect exactly and it may not be everyone's cup of tea. The glossy screen is a well known issue for many but tbf its conflicting you could watch and read a few reviews around the net and some say the glossy screen is not an issue and it's not bad even but imo when you get it you see just how bad it is.

Its not like LG slap a sticker on it saying only use during night time or close curtains during day time :D

But yes we still love the LG CX with its faults, no such thing as a perfect TV !

It's been said by TV calibrators also that the LG CX push blue more sadly. I will be checking into it more when I calibrate my 48CX soon and compare
d-mans tweaked settings, I want to see how off the screen is with tv defaults, dman settings and then after calibration and also if its even worth the cost.

You might call me grumpy :D because I am old but I have no pity on people who don't use their common sense;)

The real reason why TV companies use glossy screens is because glossy screens are cheaper to produce vs matte screens, when you buy an OLED and even taken one out of it box you can clearly see it a glossy screen in the first place so any reflections from anywhere in that room from a window/another tv/lights/tablet lamp is going to show up on your new TV, I don't understand why people need to complain over the glossy screen after they buy one in the first place.:eek: Glossy screens have been out for a long time so this is not something new to the market. OK it's not for everyone but you can research glossy screen online meaning reflections vs matte;) I always research before buying and I don't have any regrets on my OLED:D

I know LG and Sony don't state that when using a OLED means you must use it in a low light/dark room, because it's only 800nits but come on when you go to a cinema are there any windows! and they don't leave the lights on when the film starts!

Last edited:
Associate
I think Apple gave glossy displays a bad name, with their mirror-like "cinema" displays (although they have gotten a lot better w/ the coatings over the last couple years).

The CX has some reflections, but it's perfectly usable in day time. I hate super glossy screens, and I have no problem using the CX for work during the day. If it had a matte screen the gaming/cinema PQ would suffer, so I don't mind the tradeoff at all.

Soldato
Can someone try plugging some headphones into the port on the back of the tv and tell me if they get stereo please? I only get sound out of the right earphone.

Associate
Can someone try plugging some headphones into the port on the back of the tv and tell me if they get stereo please? I only get sound out of the right earphone.

I have a 3.5mm aux cable going from audio out to the line in wireless dongle receiver thing of my Steelseries Arctis 7. Audio works perfectly.

Associate

Fine here too.

Your cable probably isn't making a full connection due to excessive rubber coating - had this on numerous cables in past when plugging into a motherboard for example.

Back
Top Bottom