AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Question - what have people done with their old AirPods? My mum's had a pair for a couple of years now and just replaced them with the Pros as they're losing charge super-quick. Not much point reselling because although the charging time is quick I doubt many people would want to have to keep doing that every couple of hours. I imagine the answer is going to be a) bin b) hand them back to Apple to recycle?

Associate
So, one of my airpod pros stopped working. Tried a reset and re-pair with same issue.
Going to return them to Argos today, hopefully for a direct replacement set.
Has anyone returned a set? Any problems with return?
I have the receipt, box, etc (they were bought on 30 Dec 2020).

Thanks

Man of Honour
I bought mine from Apple and they replaced on of the pods, they put an £80 dish blocker on my credit card until I'd returned the broken one.

Associate
I bought mine from Apple and they replaced on of the pods, they put an £80 dish blocker on my credit card until I'd returned the broken one.

Thanks - I was wondering how easy (or awkward) Argos might be. I'm hoping for a replacement set given how new they are.

Associate
No idea, that's why I generally only buy Apple stuff from Apple or Amazon as I know returns are simple.

Yes, I normally do the same. In this instance it was a combination of availability at short notice and a slightly cheaper price that I went where I went.

Soldato
I’ve noticed a lot of AirPods Pro on eBay, brand new and sealed. They can’t all be genuine given the price difference compared to official sources. Has anyone bought a pair from eBay?

Soldato
As I was down in London earlier this week, I made the most of the Apple stores and booked my Airpods in for the replacement program. Nice and easy, they switched out both Airpods (I kept the original case).

So nice know I have completely refreshed Airpods with new batteries. It'll be interesting to see if I notice a difference, as I was starting to get that crackling effect on the left pod whilst running (with NC on)

Back
Top Bottom