Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
212 doesn't charge for deposits or withdrawals.

To people asking where to invest, I have some ideas as a homeless trader with 2 weeks trading experience, I also halved the value of my CFD account in 3 days. That amounted to 3 month's worth of my food money.

It takes knowledge to research companies and you can have a go at some of them, or just jump the bandwagon. What you can also do is buy CFD in indexes or gold. Say you look at the clock and the economy is doing fine. Nasdaq is rising Gold seems to be falling. So buy Nasdaq and short Gold (Other indexes can be as good, I'm just used to Nasdaq). Leverage is 1:20 if the price changes by 10-20% in the right direction you get rich.

I'm doing this with Nasdaq, I'm up over 20% up in several days. That's the easiest money ever.
It also works the other way too!

Soldato
Hi guys

Anyone with a s&s ISA? From what I've read investment trusts would be Best for investing in for one of these?

I'm new to the game so still learning all the jargon such as NAV , yield etc.

I know it's more a long term game so not expecting a quick buck, would be good to see returns in one to 3 years

Can anyone tell me of their experience ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Re Trading 212.

Been with them for 6 months now on the CFD accounts. Sometimes using leverage, sometimes not.

They are definitely struggling IMO. Outages at key points (US election day for an hour at open) - went down at other key points too. Currently I'm unable to buy anymore Tesla or Xpeng and thats been the case for the past week now.
The same happened to me when Aston Martin were having the rise after their lows of April, unable to buy more but could short all I wanted.

I had a great run the past couple of months with the EV's, and day trading with Nio, xpeng and Tesla the past few weeks (in addition to long positions) - but switch over to their standard Invest account on Friday as just unable to buy the shares I wanted via CFD.

EDIT : I tried to buy IDEX last week via CFD and there is a 20% spread.

I assume money in their investment accounts is protected similar to a bank?

Associate
Hi guys

Anyone with a s&s ISA? From what I've read investment trusts would be Best for investing in for one of these?

I'm new to the game so still learning all the jargon such as NAV , yield etc.

I know it's more a long term game so not expecting a quick buck, would be good to see returns in one to 3 years

Can anyone tell me of their experience ?

You invest into anything you fancy. With s&s ISA you do not pay capital gains tax.

Different instruments have different performance and risk. I just made 25% in 10 minutes shorting gold.

Associate
Re Trading 212.

Been with them for 6 months now on the CFD accounts. Sometimes using leverage, sometimes not.

They are definitely struggling IMO. Outages at key points (US election day for an hour at open) - went down at other key points too. Currently I'm unable to buy anymore Tesla or Xpeng and thats been the case for the past week now.

I bought TSLA cfd a week ago no problemo.

I was never unable to buy anything on 212. Maybe its because i trade really small amounts 100k max. Joking! Actual small amounts.

Soldato
I'm looking at putting in some longer term investments. I've been playing with the T212 app and it looks nice and I like the way their pie investments work but I keep hearing a lot of negatives about 212. Is there another platform I should be looking at?

Soldato
I'm looking at putting in some longer term investments. I've been playing with the T212 app and it looks nice and I like the way their pie investments work but I keep hearing a lot of negatives about 212. Is there another platform I should be looking at?
I use Aviva (mainly because my employer pays all the fees) and my wife uses iWeb (one off fee + trade fees. No ongoing platform fee)

Soldato
I bought TSLA cfd a week ago no problemo.

I was never unable to buy anything on 212. Maybe its because i trade really small amounts 100k max. Joking! Actual small amounts.

T212 did stop nearly all of the more popular CFDs for some time, and introduced giant spreads on stable stocks during that period too.

They also changed margin requirements with less than 24 hours notice which was against FCA rules, and so had to back track on that, and give users more notice.

Seems they panicked a little when things weren't gong their way.

Soldato
Do we think they're going to pull out?
IF they do are there other sites that have a nice app that you can use for the daily side of things?

If you're buying sensible stuff (FTSE, S&P, standard ETFs) then Freetrade is a reasonable option.

They've decided to put the AIM, smaller American & smaller ETFs behind a £10 p/m paywall (mistake IMHO, but they've gotta make money) but otherwise I've got no real complaints.

The graphing on the app and in app data leaves a little to be desired, but they are working on it & it'll hopefully get better.

Associate
Any opinions on the Chinese EV market, it's plummeting today. Big crash!!

I believe it's due to Tesla getting permission to manufacture their SUV in China for the chinese market. I still expect Nio to climb between now and Nio Day in January and pull the other's up with it so may be a good time to buy.

Soldato
Thanks I signed up for HL but not impressed by the £11.95 entry and exit charge.

Either trade regularly enough with HL to make the dealing charges reduce to £5.95 or use a platform with fees in the spread price like 212.

Wouldn't use HL with the dealing fees (at the highest price) to invest anything less than several hundred pounds at a time personally, else it just eats in to profits significantly.

If looking to transact on the US markets again, use a service that's 'free' (spread priced) instead as dealing fees and FX charges add up quickly on smaller investments.

Perfectly fine to use for funds though, they have a broad offering for both Funds and equities, a reach which the smaller & cheaper platforms don't have.

Back
Top Bottom