Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Mine has arrived and is installed ;)

However, first steps in AMD world and one question : enabled PBO in the latest bios 2601, temperature idle for my 5950X is 50° ?! normal ?

Congrats on getting the MB. This will be my first AMD build too so cannot help with the the temps.

You may want to give a bit more detail.
Case?
Fans, Airflow?
Cooler?

Associate
Congrats on getting the MB. This will be my first AMD build too so cannot help with the the temps.

You may want to give a bit more detail.
Case?
Fans, Airflow?
Cooler?

yes indeed, very well cooled system with a 500DX from BeQuiet, a NH-D15S and 4 SilentWings3 in the case.

it’s just that PBO (or something else) is putting 1.45v at the CPU (once again I did nothing in the bios apart from activating the PBO to set my Ram settings - Gskill PC3600 C16)

Associate
yes indeed, very well cooled system with a 500DX from BeQuiet, a NH-D15S and 4 SilentWings3 in the case.

it’s just that PBO (or something else) is putting 1.45v at the CPU (once again I did nothing in the bios apart from activating the PBO to set my Ram settings - Gskill PC3600 C16)

So in fact it's only at idle, motherboard auto OC I think. Because here I am in OCCT for more than 5mns and I'm 66°c, 4.6GHz on all 16 cores and 1.30-1.35 Core Vid

Associate
5950x runs hot, mine idles around 43 with PBO off. Peak PBO off is around 73.

My 5950X with PBO + Curve Optimiser runs fine, idle max 50C, but usually camps around 30-35. Also, all core load is 4825MHz under CB, 4750MHz under AVX encoding, and on 1-2 cores, like gaming, the boost is 5GHz+. Max. temp is around 80C.

Associate
Potentially just managed to get one ordered as i was just woken up with an alert or 1 in stock (probably a return though which makes me uneasy with my paranoid mind) , slightly more than I wanted to spend but I've had the cpu waiting for nearly a month now. Lets just see if it actually ships :D

Associate
Potentially just managed to get one ordered as i was just woken up with an alert or 1 in stock (probably a return though which makes me uneasy with my paranoid mind) , slightly more than I wanted to spend but I've had the cpu waiting for nearly a month now. Lets just see if it actually ships :D
may the odds be ever in your favour :)

Associate
As of the time of this post a Dark Hero is on sell for £579. Easy to find Google

To expensive also I'm not sure about the seller so will not purchase.

Associate
As of the time of this post a Dark Hero is on sell for £579. Easy to find Google

To expensive also I'm not sure about the seller so will not purchase.

Saw the same board, same price, probably the same seller lol... Didn't bite either.. The only review I could find of the person was not very flattering so thought I'd pass.. I'd rather not pay nearly £579 for a board that could arrive damaged

Associate
If they are going to be poping up at those monies, considering my original spec was a strix board, which typically spiralled I would prob have to bow out. There’s not if any extra features past the strix board just extra oc head room from what I can see. And the build budget keeps spiralling.

Associate
Managed to purchase this moments ago, came in stock as a single unit. Here's hoping it arrives and is actually in stock. Alert came in at 1:23 AM, bought approx 20 secs later.

Slightly over MSRP but at least I won't have to think about it now.

https://i.imgur.com/NARtARj.png

Last piece as I've pretty much got the 5900x, 3080 and such.

Edit:

Looks like my order has been charged, confirmed and will be shipped tomorrow. Yay.

Your order has been paid and is now being prepared for shipment. The estimated delivery date is: Tuesday 8. 12. 2020 between 08:00-20:00.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to purchase this moments ago, came in stock as a single unit. Here's hoping it arrives and is actually in stock. Alert came in at 1:23 AM, bought approx 20 secs later.

Slightly over MSRP but at least I won't have to think about it now.

https://i.imgur.com/NARtARj.png

Last piece as I've pretty much got the 5900x, 3080 and such.

Edit:

Looks like my order has been charged, confirmed and will be shipped tomorrow. Yay.

Your order has been paid and is now being prepared for shipment. The estimated delivery date is: Tuesday 8. 12. 2020 between 08:00-20:00.

What service are you using to get the alert?

Back
Top Bottom