Update on my health

Soldato
Just a quick update guys and not a good one I’m afraid.

Transplant is a no go. I have too many issues and the chances of survival to transplant and recovery is only rated at 10% and they do not want to list me with those chances.

There’s no more they can do for me and I’m now officially terminally ill. Their focus will be on keeping me as comfortable as possible now. It’s hard for them to give a timescale, but they believe it will probably be under a year before I go to the big Overclockers forum in the sky. They also want me to think about signing a DNR form and switching off my ICD so it won’t save me.

In a bit of a daze atm, but I’m a positive person so I’m sure I’ll muddle through somehow. On a more positive note, I’ve been given free reign to do whatever I want to do now. So no more feeling guilty about having one too many beers lol :D

I may post more in due course about how things are going. I’ll make a point of being active on the forum every day, so if I suddenly disappear for a week or so, you’ll know that it’s all over. Thanks. Love you all.

Very sorry to hear this Rob. You're a great contributor here as I've seen many of your posts over the years and you've not been shy to speak your mind even knowing it won't be popular such as in speaker's corner which is a rare quality and one you should be proud of. I hope you find plenty of things to do in the safety of your home or safely distanced from people if venturing out, that you really enjoy doing with this time. I also hope come January next year there's a large beer battered cod and chips with your name on somewhere local to you. In the meantime take good care of yourself and I look forward to seeing your usual input here whenever you have any spare moments...

Associate
I don't know you but I am so sorry to hear this, I really do feel for you. I am also quite concerned about my heart as I have been getting this fluttering a lot lately and skipped beats checking my pulse. Waiting to get a 5 day event recorded to check what's happening. So all this has put it into perspective for me. I wish you all the best with what time you have left, god bless you.

Caporegime

Transplant is a no go. I have too many issues and the chances of survival to transplant and recovery is only rated at 10% and they do not want to list me with those chances.

There’s no more they can do for me and I’m now officially terminally ill. Their focus will be on keeping me as comfortable as possible now. It’s hard for them to give a timescale, but they believe it will probably be under a year before I go to the big Overclockers forum in the sky. They also want me to think about signing a DNR form and switching off my ICD so it won’t save me.

In a bit of a daze atm, but I’m a positive person so I’m sure I’ll muddle through somehow. On a more positive note, I’ve been given free reign to do whatever I want to do now. So no more feeling guilty about having one too many beers lol :D

I may post more in due course about how things are going. I’ll make a point of being active on the forum every day, so if I suddenly disappear for a week or so, you’ll know that it’s all over. Thanks. Love you all.

So sorry to hear this Rob :( , enjoy every day as much as you can m8.

Associate

How did it get like that? your young only 40...

Soldato
Sorry to hear about the terrible situation.

I can only hope you enjoy what you have left and do the things you have always wanted to do.

Best wishes.

Associate
So sorry to hear about this.

I've been on the forum for years lurking in the shadows and i always enjoy reading your posts. Hope to keep seeing them for a long time to come.

Permabanned
Well that sucks, Do what makes you most happy with the time left and i hope you can surpass any timeframe they set you rob. Everyone will be thinking of you.

Associate
Threads like this always stop me in my tracks and think. We all get so caught up in life and some situations which we get worked up and stressed over really are so insignificant to what others are dealing with. I don't know you Rob but I feel for you, I hope you can enjoy the most out of the time you have left. Sending my best wishes to you.

Caporegime
I've only just noticed the update, I'm so sorry to hear that, Rob.

I'd just like to say I think you are one of the nicest people on here. Wishing you the very best. :)

Back
Top Bottom