• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I finally received refund confirmation from OCUK. I was there day 2 of the launch and now the money is coming back to the rightful owner. Nice.
nice one! I was too busy today to sort out my refunds hahaha will drop them a line later on this week. Bought few games and want to enjoy them before CP2077 :D

Associate
Yeah it’s all cancellations I think Ocuk have less then 30 strix oc and less then 10 non oc it’s getting ridiculous at this point

If it helps anyone, I can certainly speak for Strix non-OC. Started queue at 21, down to 9th now. Having followed updates from the queue emails, Gibbo and this thread, I’m fairly sure they’ve shipped about 6, between 30/10-6/11. Pretty disheartening. Fairly sure I’m gonna miss out on the next shipment too, and will still be waiting in Feb, or even further. Really wishing I’d sucked up the extra ~£30 for the OC version!

Edit: Forgot about the queue emails.

Associate
Just a thought, incase anyone wanted the full data from my update emails, it goes as follows:
29/09 - Position 20
14/10 - Position 19
23/10 - Position 17
30/10 - Position 17
06/11 - Position 11
13/11 - Position 11
20/11 - Position 9
27/11 - Position 9

Whilst, I suppose, the other changes could have been to shipped gpus, instead of cancellations, I have my doubts. Also, quite probable that some of the position change between 30/10-06/11 was also from cancellation, and therefore OcUK have shipped less than 6 Strix non-OC. This would make me very sad.

Edit: Additional thoughts.

Associate
Just a thought, incase anyone wanted the full data from my update emails, it goes as follows:
29/09 - Position 20
14/10 - Position 19
23/10 - Position 17
30/10 - Position 17
06/11 - Position 11
13/11 - Position 11
20/11 - Position 9
27/11 - Position 9
How many of those do you think are cancelled orders vs shipped?

Edit: Ah just saw your answer in the post before.

Associate
November 3rd:
Gibbo said:
A lot shall be relieved to see this !!

A very small amount of Asus Strix 3080 arriving this week, NONE OC versions! :)

This is the only evidence I have that they may have shipped any Asus 3080 Strix non-OC

Associate
I'm in que position 832 for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB as of 4 days ago...

Order was placed Sept.

This is crazy.

At least three competitors are getting sizeable deliveries in the TUFs direct from Asus. Overclockers meanwhile is having to depend on handfuls from 3rd party distributors. At position ~800, you'll be waiting for stock for over a year from OCUK, while other competitors are about to start taking orders for actual stock again. Stock is sparse everywhere, but OCUK has accepted pre-orders and taken money for stock they have absolutely no sight of ever receiving, so you're in a queue for the sake of being in a queue.

Associate
Unless your dead set on getting a card for rrp you’re so much better off cancelling, I’ve been playing on mine the last few weeks, was in the tuf non oc I think it’s quite clear by now they don’t exist apart from the few token cards. Side note review the msi gaming trio is silent and performs very well,not gunna mention thermals as any 3080 is gunna pump out some serious heat.

Associate
The fact it's been more than a month since any strix OCs have shipped to OCUK astounds me. Less than 30 units in 2.5 months in total. Luckily i'm in the low single digits for the queue but I genuinely feel sorry for those in the hundreds. I can't imagine how many GPUs Asus makes in a day but the fact that one of the biggest UK PC component retailers can't get a single unit from one of the largest PC component manufactures is unbelievable. Did the guy working in OCUK who's in charge of placing these orders forget to click 'checkout' or something?

Back
Top Bottom