• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
I managed to order a 3060ti FE. Doesn't show in my orders but is apparently out for delivery. I actually wanted a 3080 and planned to build a new PC around it - But don't think it's worth a new build (Currently run 2600X & Vega 56) for the 3060ti. I'm honestly not sure if I want to use it or move it on - After the disappointment of missing out on the 3080's I picked up a Series X and have been pretty satisfied with that. While the 3060ti is a lot better than the Vega 56 it would replace I'm not sure if it's going to offer much more than the Series X and if I should hold out for 3080 or just skip this generation entirely now. TLDR having some minor buyers remorse

Associate
Blimey. Without searching through 35 pages, what do you people think the RRP will be early next year when hopefully the stock is not completely awful? OC do not have any prices up at the moment and I'm not sure what is a real price vs. scalped!

Soldato
Same here sick of hearing people say forum members should get priority when there are people who do not use forums that have probably spent more money than forum members from OCUK so please stop trying to make this unfair
Says the new guy who only joined yesterday:rolleyes:
Why should new joiners get as much chance of a card as a long time member?
Loyal members should have more of a chance i think :)

Associate
I've been buying from OC for 2 years. I'd rather not be excluded from my main component retailer just because I haven't been active on their forums.

Agreed, doesn't seem fair to exclude people who may have spent plenty of money on OC for years but just haven't been in some forum - I don't think it makes them any less valuable or worthy customers.

Associate
The way I see it is OCUK is going to sell out of these cards in any scenario.
So why not look after their active forum members first that contribute.

It's not such a terrible idea.
Just create a VIP members group and VIP area, and have a strict criteria to flow to be a member of that group.
Minimum post count and member join date requirement, no one who has broke the rules etc.
The way I see it is OCUK is going to sell out of these cards in any scenario.
So why not look after their active forum members first that contribute.

It's not such a terrible idea.
Just create a VIP members group and VIP area, and have a strict criteria to flow to be a member of that group.
Minimum post count and member join date requirement, no one who has broke the rules etc.

I suggest this,

Why dont OCUK send an email out this morning to all of their existing customers advising the time that these RTX 3060tis are going live for sale.

Seems a fair way of rewarding their loyal customers who havent been able to secure an RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 and at the same time stop their website from crashing.

@Gibbo

Last edited:
Associate

I've been so loyal I advised my employer to buy their PC's and parts from OC exclusively. Congrats on thinking participating in a conversation equals loyalty.

Associate
I managed to order a 3060ti FE. Doesn't show in my orders but is apparently out for delivery. I actually wanted a 3080 and planned to build a new PC around it - But don't think it's worth a new build (Currently run 2600X & Vega 56) for the 3060ti. I'm honestly not sure if I want to use it or move it on - After the disappointment of missing out on the 3080's I picked up a Series X and have been pretty satisfied with that. While the 3060ti is a lot better than the Vega 56 it would replace I'm not sure if it's going to offer much more than the Series X and if I should hold out for 3080 or just skip this generation entirely now. TLDR having some minor buyers remorse

Don't feel too bad, shouldn't be hard to sell it on if you need to!

I've got a Vega 56 too, tried for a 3060ti fe and couldn't get one. It's probably only slightly better than the GPU in the Series X, but it's a big upgrade over the V56.

Associate
Not exactly sure what can be used to define 'loyal members'
I've been with overclockers for years now on several accounts but I've never joined the forum. After a couple thousand pounds spent with them, why exactly should I be excluded? Because my post count is bad?

Dumb.

Associate
Because I wanted to know what was going on with 3060's and no info was coming out, thought best to check here.

Forum membership isn't equal to when I started buying from OC.

Have a read what I posted above you at #707. Seems a fair way for rewarding both of us?

Associate
Theres many people here who like the smell of their own farts... there are many legit customers out there including myself who would buy this but dont actively browse these forums... whatever about tipping off about time they will be listed thats fine but to prevent legit customers who are not here is beyond silly and would alienate customers in the long run.

Soldato

Just wait till next year when it calms down probably by summer time if this year is owt to go by :) . Use the 3060ti to tide you over thats what I have decided.

Blimey. Without searching through 35 pages, what do you people think the RRP will be early next year when hopefully the stock is not completely awful? OC do not have any prices up at the moment and I'm not sure what is a real price vs. scalped!

RRP never changes. Its always the same for the current product SKU. What changes is the sellers markup (or down if discounted)

Back
Top Bottom