• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Delaying the release like Overclockers have has been a mistake.

Now the card has sold out everywhere else, it just means every man and his dog are now focused on Overclockers knowing they're the only retailer with stock. The number of people camping the website isn't going to ease up, especially with the product pages live.
Yea thats my feeling as well. I understand they have limited stock and wanted to avoid overselling, but now rather than having everyone spread out looking for the cards they are all here. Better to sell on MM and put me out of my misery of hoping and waiting to get lucky.

Soldato
Delaying the release like Overclockers have has been a mistake.

Now the card has sold out everywhere else, it just means every man and his dog are now focused on Overclockers knowing they're the only retailer with stock. The number of people camping the website isn't going to ease up, especially with the product pages live.

The only way that is going to change is to remove the product pages and only make them live when ready to actually sell the SKU. However, as I'm sure most people are using some sort of stock alert notification that isn't going to stop the website being flooded as soon as they're live.

From what I gather OC have delayed because their systems can't cope with the load, but they're not upgrading systems until well into next year and demand for the cards isn't going anywhere.

So... I don't see why they can't just implement a captcha to beat the bots, list the damn cards and be done with it - if the website is that fragile it is going to crash whatever. Refusing to sell any cards is helping no one and obviously causing further problems.

I think the issue is they don't want to sell 3000 of a card and only have 100 stock.
I'd agree, the longer this goes on the more people will be focused on OC stock.
Any announcement in any of the forums will lead to lots of people on the product page, I'm sure there are many forum members who'll buy a card for a mate, family, or to make a quick £100.
Being a forum member or have MM access isn't some virtue. Just a question of time and random posts.

The only way that makes sense for OC is to randomly open the gates with no warning so there is time for the backend to cease selling without a ridiculous oversell which will cost OC a lot of time and money to unpick.
However there would be outrage in the forums from the 'members' so right now all is stuck

>4000 people and 82 robots in the forum right now.

Associate
Got an order in with Scan for an FE, the money went out straight away and I got the email at 2:06, however, on the payment authorised email it says 18:06...

Its not picked yet and this is my first order with Scan so we'll see how likely I am to use them again...

I'm 14:06 like you but 18:32 so fingers crossed we're soon picked for dispatch.

Associate
If it still hasn't been picked by now, I wouldn't be very hopeful. Presumably there are only a couple hundred, why does it take all day?

I dunno i mean the eta for delivery said 3rd to the 9th right from the first email so they definitely anticipated not getting them all out at once.

Maybe that's me trying to convince myself rather than you though.

Associate
Congrats to anyone who managed to pick one up yesterday. I’m trying to upgrade my 980Ti for 1440 gaming on FPS games. Was hoping to pick up a 3060 TI yesterday but no such luck and was pretty on the ball with all retailers opened and refreshing at 2pm.

I hope the situation improves soon and we can all get our hands on the cards we are after.

Associate
Congrats to anyone who managed to pick one up yesterday. I’m trying to upgrade my 980Ti for 1440 gaming on FPS games. Was hoping to pick up a 3060 TI yesterday but no such luck and was pretty on the ball with all retailers opened and refreshing at 2pm.

I hope the situation improves soon and we can all get our hands on the cards we are after.

Still a very good card for that resolution you have there.

Associate
currently running a 1060 6gb which is nice card, but really fancied a true upgrade as I have bought all the other parts for a new build, just waiting on a GPU. was going to order a 2060 super if I could find one, but then heard about this card which seems almost too good to be true, such great value for money. no wonder it is so popular.

Associate
Still a very good card for that resolution you have there.
Yeah not bad but is struggling a little on the new apex legends map with lowest settings. The card is the worst part of my setup and have been toying with the idea of an upgrade for a while. I think I’d rather toss my PC in the bin than buy one from a scalper though.

Associate
Yeah not bad but is struggling a little on the new apex legends map with lowest settings. The card is the worst part of my setup and have been toying with the idea of an upgrade for a while. I think I’d rather toss my PC in the bin than buy one from a scalper though.

I'm in a similar situation as you, but with a 980 non Ti. Valhalla is struggling a bit and looking at the recommended specs for Cyberpunk, swapping it out for a 3060Ti would move my specs from just above the minimum required straight to the Ultra category. True bottleneck at the moment. One can dream, ey?

Soldato
Just noticed a competitor had a pre-order link up for one of their 3070s, when i added it to basket to see when stock was due, it said 4 in stock.............I was so so tempted, but, i think i'd kick myself in the long run if i spent £690 on a 3070, that's 3080 money. EDIT: says 1 in stock now, guessing that'll be gone before anyone see's this or works out where im talking about so don't get too excited.

Soldato
Just noticed a competitor had a pre-order link up for one of their 3070s, when i added it to basket to see when stock was due, it said 4 in stock.............I was so so tempted, but, i think i'd kick myself in the long run if i spent £690 on a 3070, that's 3080 money. EDIT: says 1 in stock now, guessing that'll be gone before anyone see's this or works out where im talking about so don't get too excited.
Exactly.. I have a £640 order to cancel elsewhere for a 3070 Gaming Trio...

Back
Top Bottom