• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Has there been any update on when to expect shipment of the cards dropped yesterday?

Gibbo said that CS would contact those that ordered a card but weren't quick enough next week to offer them another one, so from that i figure they won't be shipped until next week

Associate
I see, I didn't understand how this works.

They have oversold a small number of cards and these customers would have the option of a refund or to wait one more week.
Is that correct?

Soldato
This came up first result in Google;

https://youtu.be/XZ7aiA6hwdw

Not Ultra but seems ok. I'd expect 15% ish less than a 2080Ti FE as with the majority of the benchmarks.
I did see that. I’m getting around 110-120 FPS average which seemed a bit lower than YouTube videos. However, I’m wondering whether I might be CPU limited.

I managed a 155fps average in Heaven using the settings in the Heaven thread, which is only 6.6% lower than someone with a 3070 and 2700X. Assume Heaven is less dependent on CPU than Warzone.

Soldato
Yeah you're cpu bound, maybe even a little ram too. These are fast hungry cards.

Set up Afterburner to monitor your cpu/gpu usages, plenty of guides on Google how to do it (if you'd like to be sure).
Yep I’ve been using afterburner (using OSD) and GPU-Z to monitor usage and Warzone is definitely more CPU intensive than Heaven. I don’t think it’s 100% load very often though. I’ll do some more checks today.

Caporegime
Yep I’ve been using afterburner (using OSD) and GPU-Z to monitor usage and Warzone is definitely more CPU intensive than Heaven. I don’t think it’s 100% load very often though. I’ll do some more checks today.

If your gpu isn't reaching 100% load very much and your cpu is at an almost constant 100% then you're cpu bound.

Associate
A well known high street retailer is having stock quite often but a bit on the pricey side IMO, PNY Revel at £450 and Strix at £541. If they release the Eagle at £400 or Gaming OC at £410 might try for that.

Associate
Glad it's not just my card they're not shipping

Mine hasnt shipped so far either and tbh I'm not surprised by this. Like others have said OCUK are probably still stacked out with orders from Black Friday / Cyber Monday, then factor in Covid19 with a lot of people ordering online and you have the perfect storm.

I suspect its the same for the majority of etailers in the UK right now. My biggest supplier at work has gone from offering me a next day delivery on all orders that I place to 5 working days during the last 2 months. Absolutely crazy......

Back
Top Bottom