"Delivery" by Amazon

Caporegime
Holy crap.

Checked my email this morning to find my package is "delivered". Yet we've heard nothing and seen nobody.

Open the front door and literally they just left it on the welcome mat outside. It's been raining on and off and the package is electricals, inside only a cardboard box.

Not only that but our house is on a terraced estate and anybody walking past could just have helped themselves to the package.

Seriously, why are (some) delivery people so **** stupid? And in such a hurry that they couldn't have knocked? We were up and about and could have received/signed for the parcel.

A couple hours later, and if I hadn't checked my emails, the damn thing would have been ruined.

The delivery company on the tracking info is "Amazon". Not DPD, Hermes or whatever. Just Amazon. I hope they're not always this bad!

/rant

Commissario
It's how they operate at the moment.

I had a parcel come last week and my account said it had been left in reception, even though it was coming to my home address. Turns out it had been left outside and had been put under the gas/electric box.:eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ain't nobody got time to wait and see if the door opens, they're probably "self employed" getting paid 10pence per parcel or something

Associate
They are not always that bad mostly my delivery's are hidden from site but sometimes they stuff the card in the side of the doorframe between the door and the frame where anybody can see it the worst delivery i had was a beer52 box left on the doorstep all-day i was surprised it was still therewhen i got home

Soldato
I had an amazon delivery this morning. I wasn't in as the tracking stated tomorrow however the driver called me to ask about a safe place. I gave him the gate lock code and he popped it in the storage bin I have for deliveries when I'm out.

Soldato
unless you have cctv/Ring monitoring, maybe they knocked on door, mine do, which is more covid friendly than pressing bell, too ?

Soldato
I recently expected a parcel from Amazon which didn't turn up. After checking the tracking, I found out that I had apparently refused delivery at 10pm and that the parcel was back in the the Amazon facility 10 minutes later - which is about 90 miles from me. :D

Back
Top Bottom