• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
I've only run unigine superposition and get 7207. That's tested after warming the card up with some gaming. I'll give time spy a try too.
Great, thanks. I’m running +160 core and +1400 mem through Afterburner at the moment which seems to get me the best scores whilst being stable but I’ve not played with the overclock too much.

I’ll give superposition a go too.

Associate
Great, thanks. I’m running +160 core and +1400 mem through Afterburner at the moment which seems to get me the best scores whilst being stable but I’ve not played with the overclock too much.

I’ll give superposition a go too.

I've not tried any overclocking, I'll probably just leave the increased power limit on and the card stock as it does the job. Just wish I could have snagged a 3080 FE even more so now, as threw build quality is insane.

Soldato
Ignoring price and availability, how does the FE compare to the third party models? Are the FE versions basic/budget/minimal versions or are they the best versions? Do the third party versions have better cooling and overclocking than the FE versions?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not tried any overclocking, I'll probably just leave the increased power limit on and the card stock as it does the job. Just wish I could have snagged a 3080 FE even more so now, as threw build quality is insane.
I was initially after a 3080, then a 6800, then a 3070 and finally settled on a 3060Ti! Not sure I’d bother changing for one of the others now as I game at 1440p and get very good FPS from this card.

Agree about the build quality!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Ignoring price and availability, how does the FE compare to the third party models? Are the FE versions basic/budget/minimal versions or are they the best versions? Do the third party versions have better cooling and overclocking than the FE versions?

Build quality of the FE is superb, feels weighty and is excellently presented, cooling performance is excellent also. Can't even hear the card even when it's fully utilised.

Soldato
Is 4k 60 out if the question for this card? I'm thinking it's really a 1440p sweetspot?

I currently have a 2060S and that's pretty great at 1440p too so not sure if it's worth upgrading for new just yet?

Associate
Yes but how much power were you using on the card you had at the time?
With the 3060ti at 130 watts(1450mhz) it is the same performance as a 2080 which draws 215 watts.
I've just signed a new contract with an electricity supplier and got an ok rate by European standards, €0.15 KW/h(£0.135)

I'm tempted to give it a go when the card arrives but if it works out I promise to still use it for several hours a week on games :)
Apps like MSI afterburner make it simple to switch between a gaming profile and a low power mining one.

However I am somewhat conflicted. I use crypto currency and love the idea of it but think there must be a better way without wasting so much electricity.

PV cells mate. I have them. 50% of the year electricity will be free. My 3080 getting 98MH/s and outputting 223W of heat for my cold office is a win-win-win.

Associate
I was initially after a 3080, then a 6800, then a 3070 and finally settled on a 3060Ti! Not sure I’d bother changing for one of the others now as I game at 1440p and get very good FPS from this card.

Agree about the build quality!

Pretty much mirrors my exact situation, 3080 or 6800xt were the cards I wanted, bought this by accident but made up with it.

Soldato

If the 3060ti is anything like the 70 and 80 then the FE renders AIB partner cards redundant
...especially if you're paying extra

Associate

I don't know how they compare to all aib models, but I'd say with a degree of confidence that they are likely better built. My last two cards have been a gigabyte and a palit, neither of which compare. Gigabyte feel cheap and flimsy to me, but that's my personal view, the card itself performed brilliantly, but the FE card is engineered to a completely different standard. No cheap feeling/looking plastics, just solid and the fact the shroud is properly attached to the bracket is a huge upside, as despite its considerable weight, it doesn't need an anti-sag bracket.

Only one negative... the 12 pin connector. Thay feels cheap and an afterthought. It's dreadful and ruins my lian li strimer cable! So that needs replacing somehow...

Soldato
I agree the FE has fantastic build quality it. I found a voltage around 0.969 and frequency around 2040mhz is about the highest you can get, that runs right up to the 215w %110 power limit but stays pinned at 2040, it gets a time spy graphics score of 13088.
I'm running mine at 1935mhz at 0.918V it runs at just 150w and scores slightly higher than stock.

Soldato
Is 4k 60 out if the question for this card? I'm thinking it's really a 1440p sweetspot?

I currently have a 2060S and that's pretty great at 1440p too so not sure if it's worth upgrading for new just yet?
As always, it depends on what your expectations for settings are. It's not going to run the latest AAA titles on Ultra at 4K/60, but with some settings tweaking there shouldn't be many games it can't handle at 4K. It's "only" ~35-40% faster than a 2060S though.

Back
Top Bottom