• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Absolutely loving my 12 pro. Usually I charge it overnight even though it’s around 50% but last night I forgot to put it in charge.
Woke up this morning and it’s at 40% and I still haven’t put it on charge.

Battery seems to get better and better, at first when I had it I was like well the battery isn’t that much better than my xs. But I guess it was draining quick as it was doing stuff in the background ie syncing etc.

I charge every night on a Samsung wireless charge pad and a couple of times I've not centred the phone on the the pad or something and it hasn't charged. Not been a problem as the 12 has gone right through the next day to bedtime. Could have plugged it in to a vehicle for a charge at some point during the day but didn't need to. Did look at battery settings the last time and screen on time was just over three and a half hours that would only be the last 24hrs on the graph thing. Battery is quite a bit better than my previous XS Max and better than I was expecting.

Soldato
I'm finally willing to give it a go anyway and that is something I never thought I'd do.
10 or so years ago I'd have baulked at buying an iPhone over Android. You'd have had to prize whichever phone I had at the time out of my hands. I ran custom ROMs, rooted you name it and I loved the customisation. But alas perhaps I'm starting to show my age (mid 30s :p) I think I might be happier with just settling down with a nice reliable iPhone that does what I need it to.

As you say it seems the past few years have been a never ending cycle of trying to 'settle' on which Android to own. The original Pixel XL I think is the most I enjoyed a phone but that all went to pot from the 2XL. Ever since it's been jumping from pillar to post. And on that it's an absolute pain that when you change phones ( I've flitted between OnePlus and Samsung for the past few years) that you not only need a Google account but you also are coerced into having a Samsung account and a OnePlus account. The same could be said of Huawei among others.
One Apple ID, job done.
Time will tell...

What's the OnePlus account for?

Not ever felt the need for one.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the OnePlus account for?

Not seen a need for one.
It's not required to be fair which is why I said coerced. It's handy for things like the Community and forums and it's needed for tech support. I mean in fairness you can get by without a Samsung account as well but it holds back that many features you end up using one anyway.

Soldato
It's not required to be fair which is why I said coerced. It's handy for things like the Community and forums and it's needed for tech support. I mean in fairness you can get by without a Samsung account as well but it holds back that many features you end up using one anyway.

Just as I thought. It's not needed and completely optional.

Soldato
Anyone ordered their phone from Amazon recently? I want to get one sooner rather than later, but they either say out of stock or delivery in 1-2 months? Have to use Amazon as I won a £1000 gift card so that is going on it. Some people are saying that delivery is actually quicker, but I don't know, don't really want to pay it and be waiting for ages.

Isn't it actually Apple themselves who sell via Amazon though? Is it just a shortage in Apples supply lines overall, as their own site says delivery from the 19th to 2nd Jan. Think maybe I should just bite the bullet, and put the order in and hope stock comes in and it gets shipped earlier than expected.

Soldato
Anyone ordered their phone from Amazon recently? I want to get one sooner rather than later, but they either say out of stock or delivery in 1-2 months? Have to use Amazon as I won a £1000 gift card so that is going on it. Some people are saying that delivery is actually quicker, but I don't know, don't really want to pay it and be waiting for ages.

Isn't it actually Apple themselves who sell via Amazon though? Is it just a shortage in Apples supply lines overall, as their own site says delivery from the 19th to 2nd Jan. Think maybe I should just bite the bullet, and put the order in and hope stock comes in and it gets shipped earlier than expected.
My phone from Apple (12 Pro) was due to ship 24/11— 1/12. It arrived on the 20th November :cool:

Soldato
i've got a 12 pro max arriving on monday whats the consensus for the best screen protector?
Spigen 2 for 12 Pro. I’m not good at putting these on. This one went on without issue 1st time! Did it under the cooker extraction fan(top tip from somewhere) and put it straight on after peeling off the protector that came with the new phone. Bubble/dust free. Would recommend :cool:

Soldato
i've got a 12 pro max arriving on monday whats the consensus for the best screen protector?
I’m normally totally anti-screen protector however I wasn’t willing to take the risk this time with the stories that while the ceramic shield is tough as nails it still scratches easy. Anyhow I got the Qitayo 3 pack tempered glass protectors from Amazon for £5.99 and they seem very good. No rainbow effect on the screen and ‘feel’ wise you wouldn’t know it was on.
What amazed me was after applying there was a blemish - it didn’t look like an air bubble, it almost looked like an uneven spread of the adhesive or something. I worked it out as best I could and it was only visible when the screen was off. Fast forward to the next morning and the blemish had gone. So whatever it was had worked itself out overnight.

Soldato
I’m normally totally anti-screen protector however I wasn’t willing to take the risk this time with the stories that while the ceramic shield is tough as nails it still scratches easy. Anyhow I got the Qitayo 3 pack tempered glass protectors from Amazon for £5.99 and they seem very good. No rainbow effect on the screen and ‘feel’ wise you wouldn’t know it was on.
What amazed me was after applying there was a blemish - it didn’t look like an air bubble, it almost looked like an uneven spread of the adhesive or something. I worked it out as best I could and it was only visible when the screen was off. Fast forward to the next morning and the blemish had gone. So whatever it was had worked itself out overnight.
I've got the same ones, and had the same experience with an apparent blemish that worked itself out overnight. As you say, really good protector otherwise, I barely know that it's there

Permabanned
7-C362-DFD-8152-4229-ABD4-194-E1-EBF73-FB.jpg

Loving the 12 Pro Max camera.

Back
Top Bottom