What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Well mt tyres are due in this week Wednesday or Thursday for my new wheels. So Im off work Friday so im getting them all fitted and balanced and on the car. Be nice to get rid of the steelies so it doesnt look like its off to be scrapped.

Soldato
Changed the stock air intake boot with BMW's resonator to a Mishimoto silicone boot with no resonator.

Bit stumped with insurance change though, it's free to modify but with a nominal charge, would it come under:

Filters (non standard)

Or

Exhaust/manifold-non standard

Is it worth ticking both to keep me covered, as it's the same price effectively?

I0NJSAWl.jpg

YwVWSi6l.jpg

Soldato
Why would it come under exhaust/manifold?

Its an intake boot. Use yer brain. :p

Either filters non standard, or call and ask.

I just copied and pasted both the options, I'm aware it isn't an exhaust mod, but could come under the manifold as it's all part of the intake.

It's not a filter, to my mind, it's not removing any dirt/contaminants.

Caporegime
I just copied and pasted both the options, I'm aware it isn't an exhaust mod, but could come under the manifold as it's all part of the intake.

It's not a filter, to my mind, it's not removing any dirt/contaminants.

The exhaust/manifold non-standard modification is for exhaust modifications including the exhaust manifold.

I know it isn't a filter, but it is a modification to the intake system. Some insurers list filters non-standard as filters/intake non-standard, so I'd put it under that, or call and ask, or not bother at all.

But it definitely has nothing to do with the exhaust/manifold.

What’s with the Sellafield gloves anarl?

Its so we can see what he's doing, he's a ghost you see. Notice how the gloves are disembodied, there aren't any arms going into them.

Soldato
Its so we can see what he's doing, he's a ghost you see. Notice how the gloves are disembodied, there aren't any arms going into them.

Or it could be that I documented how these things come apart, needed to unlock my phone with my hands, and held the left hand glove with my right hand.

That, or I am a ghost :)

Edit: removed, off topic.

Last edited:
Caporegime
New shoes!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S, got 18k miles from the last lot until they were down to 4mm and couldn't hook up to save my life.

These things are expensive....

Seems strange. How old were they? If anything I'd expect the worn ones to hook up better.

Or do you mean in torrential rain or something?

Soldato
I didn't think it was an unfair comment. Acme is happy enough to moan about others but now is exactly the type of poster that he used to moan about.

Thought I was being a tad sensitive but appreciate your take.

I shouldn't let comments on the internet annoy me; I've been on the internet since the early days so have seen plenty of keyboard warriors, but when reaching out and asking for help and getting "use your brain" in response (even when used in jest); it just kinda got to me.

New shoes!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S, got 18k miles from the last lot until they were down to 4mm and couldn't hook up to save my life.

These things are expensive....

That's interesting, Michelin themselves recommend using their tyres all the way down to the legal limit.

Have you noticed an improvement in the new ones or too early to say?

Soldato
Seems strange. How old were they? If anything I'd expect the worn ones to hook up better.

Or do you mean in torrential rain or something?

I could spin them up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear up to 80 lol. They've had a hard life, lots of heat cycles especially through the Florida summer... one or two burnouts. I'm not gentle with them.
New ones are night and day.

Associate
New 4th gear and selector hub
1/2/3/4 Synchros
LSD
Diff bearings and all other box bearings
Clutch Kit
Clutch slave cylinder

Basically a full gearbox rebuilt with LSD install ready for more track days next year

zia

zia

Associate
Took my gearbox off to find am missing a set of gears......

50640680477_4da83128a7_k.jpg

Zia

Back
Top Bottom