Mesh wifi

Soldato
Depends how fast your connection is, but I went for the BT mini at £75 for 3 nodes and haven't looked back.

The minis have a lower bandwidth limit than more expensive options, I believe, but they're perfect for me, and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Soldato
TP-Link Deco M5 here, bought a couple of weeks and working perfectly, does everything I wanted it to do which is WiFi all over the house, no more timing out on websites or buffering on YouTube and the app is really good too.

if I have one minor complaint it's that one of the nodes can hold on to a device when you're closer to a different node but it doesn't seem to affect performance, perhaps I could have gotten away with just two nodes instead of three

OcUK Staff
Asus ZenWiFi CT8 here as needed the easy ability to separate the 2.4 and 5.0 network.
It is working great accept for the fact that whatever reason sometimes the ring doorbell will latch onto the node much further away which then means the doorbell barely works. For now I've switched of the Node so right now just the one node which is functioning as the router and now all is fine in whole house as the signal is clearly a lot better on it.

Man of Honour
I got a TP Link Deco P9 which has the feature of a power line backhaul. Sounds good in theory but it was a pile of crap. Full of firmware issues and poor power line reliability don’t make for a stable system. I have just sent it back in favour of the Netgear MK63. It’s too early to tell for sure but the Netgear is much faster and more stable so far.

Back
Top Bottom