What has been your biggest food binge? (One sitting!)

Soldato
As a student in Coventry circa 2000-2003, I would regularly frequent Express Diner of Gosford Street for their delicious donner kebab. The kebabs were served in a naan, rather than a pitta, so were pretty substantial.

Anyway, for a bet I once ate two large ones in a row. Was delicious.

Soldato
This thread really needs a rule that you must post a picture of your current waist size along with the how much you've eaten story. :D
I expect that will be a pointless exercise, as many of these stories will have happened years ago (or in my case, decades ago), and we're now all somewhat in a downsizing period regarding the waistline.
Certainly with me, two starters, a full Fatty Arbuckle's mixed grill and a dessert was a reasonably filling lunch in my mid-20s, with a whole 17" deep pan, chicken strippers, wedges, onion rings and whatever else to follow for dinner. In those days 4500 calories a day was just not enough, and I've had so many of these binges I couldn't really pick the one biggest... and yet I still have 30" on the waist and am actually losing some of that, hence not as funny as I'd guess you were hoping.

Man of Honour
5 Burger King Whoppers in one sitting...

Used to get them for 99p on the back of bus tickets in Edinburgh.....
Aaah.... University. :D did something similar myself many years ago.

But, it's 3 full roast dinners... each with a mountain of roasties. :D Then 4 portions of cheesecake. :eek:

Las Vegas buffet. Major food baby afterwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen some of the challenges and I'm honestly in awe at how much some people can eat in one go.

I hadn't eaten at all today so decided to get a take away for dinner, small chicken doner with small fries and plenty of salad. I finished it but barely.

£7.80 with a drink, honestly pretty great value for an entire days worth of food :p

Soldato
As a student in Coventry circa 2000-2003, I would regularly frequent Express Diner of Gosford Street for their delicious donner kebab. The kebabs were served in a naan, rather than a pitta, so were pretty substantial.

Was that up near the top end of Far Gosford Street on the other side of the road from Pig In The Middle? I think it was called Big Chef when I was at Uni there (I lived on Grafton Street at the time) and yeah, the food was great.

Soldato
Was that up near the top end of Far Gosford Street on the other side of the road from Pig In The Middle? I think it was called Big Chef when I was at Uni there (I lived on Grafton Street at the time) and yeah, the food was great.
It was a bit further towards town than that, next door to whitefriars. Fairly sure there was a second one on or near Spon Street too.

Also did great chicken fillet burgers.

Associate
When I was younger and I'd try to time my shopping (but probably end up standing there for ages like a pillock) towards closing on Sunday at the supermarket waiting for all the baked goods to get reduced ... I remember one haul making me really happy because I got like 6 packets of those soft cookies for 12p a pop or something (and those were always my favourite), plus a few of those boxes of danishes ... at some point you're not even enjoying it any more and you stop but 5 mins later feel the compulsion to return to gorging...

Soldato
When I was a student I managed a whole wetherapoons bucket of chicken wings with the fries etc on the side, was supposed to be out that night but lasted about an hour before I got the meat sweats and had to go home.

Permabanned
back in the day i worked for mcd's .. after closing we ate what we wanted .. i can remember eating 10 qtr cheese 3 fries washing it down with 3 rootbeers :)
waist size 36 ..but 14stone :)

and yes i do eat like that now 1kg chic wings twice a week or 16-20 oz steak once a week .. love my offset :p

Man of Honour
I think my most impressive was a night on the Guinness followed by a bet that I couldn't eat 2 Corby kebabs.
Those things were a massive nann bread filled with all your mixed kebab trimmings, must have weighed 1.5lb each.

Polished them both off, claimed my winnings and spent it on more Guinness.

No way I could manage that these days.

Soldato
9 pieces of KFC chicken, with a large popcorn chicken, 4 portions of chips, a large beans, sweet corn and gravy.

A Christmas dinner, fully loaded which included 13 roast potatoes, I was so full I had to nap it off.

Soldato
The 8 piece boneless feast from KFC. Comes with 8 boneless fillets, large popcorn chicken, 4 large sides, a full dip bar and a big bottle of drink. Insane amount of food for one person.

Pez

Pez

Soldato

Just down the street from the Oak, and the Campbell/Phoenix... many a happy memory stumbling to the express diner for cheesey chips :D

Soldato
The 8 piece boneless feast from KFC. Comes with 8 boneless fillets, large popcorn chicken, 4 large sides, a full dip bar and a big bottle of drink. Insane amount of food for one person.

I did something similar on Friday night. Three large pieces, four strips, four wings two bags of chips, the bottle of Pepsi and then tried a Maccies fillet o' fish. Then what was left of the bucket was eaten on Saturday morning.. :D

Took the entire weekend of wear off..

Soldato
Worst I’ve done is 2 large dominoes in a day. But the time between them was substantial so not sure it counts. Not my proudest moment.

Soldato
Quite early in our relationship, I made a large (tray-sized) apple crumble for me and my wife for dinner. She was full after the main course, and I ate the entire thing myself with a jug full of custard. She still brings this up 15 years later...

Back
Top Bottom