• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which CPU Cooler For Your Ryzen 5000?

Associate
I have the same case and because ive an RTX3080 i went with the 280 Freezer as i thought the tubes would not get around the VGA card, but your pic shows i could have done it... oh well... Nice build by the way, very tidy and smart :)

I have a Verical GPU mount as well, but with the Aorus Master being 3.7 slots thick i cant use it as it basically touches the glass door lol and as a result it throttles due to heat not being circulated correctly... Hoping to trade it in for a 6800XT once they become available, i think the XFX is slimmer and the Nitro+ SE perhaps, if so i may be able to go back to vertical GPU mounting.

Caporegime
Fan cables are hidden in the tubing but also they are on the side of the fans, i have mine hidden against the side of the case, it was a bit of work and i had to really push the rad sideways to get the screws to line up but its doable, ive since mounted Phanteks Halos ontop as well, so thats even more cables lol, but it all fits and can be hidden. I basically pulled the side panels off, pulled the top off so i could route the cables as i was putting the rad in place etc. Took a while but its definitely worth doing, the P600S has aload of slider covers as you know which helps with cable routing.
I see what you mean about the tubes. Can i be bothered to try and tuck them under the GPU though...

KgQmMUL.jpg

They've definitely given my GPU a little bit of sag that wasn't there before.

Soldato
More 'retro' case and cooler here.

Noctua U14S (dual fan in push pull)
Case is a Fractal Design Define R2 Midi Tower Case - Black Pearl from 2010
I wish I could remove the CD/DVD caddy and top part of HDD cage

5800X, PBO auto (default)
~28c idle, 60c game load
5x R20 multi core runs 81c max. All core 1.331V, 4550Mhz all core
If manual all core OC is carried out, 1.2625V is stable at 4700Mhz all core and results in 10-15c less (~65-70c max)

I would be interested in max temps with 5800X, PBO auto (default) of 5x R20 runs of someone with a good AIO cooler. I expect maybe 75c max but depends on the all core voltage and boost clocks

Noctua U14S
Fractal Design Define R2
5800X
0WdrJ76.jpg.png

Caporegime
I see what you mean about the tubes. Can i be bothered to try and tuck them under the GPU though...

KgQmMUL.jpg

Moving the tubes slightly to rest near the PCI-E cables has removed a bit of the sag, i think.

U39Ia2S.jpg

I am not sure if it will work trying to fit the tubes under the GPU. I am not sure how you managed to get yours like that @KentMan :p

Caporegime
Moving the tubes slightly to rest near the PCI-E cables has removed a bit of the sag, i think.

U39Ia2S.jpg

I am not sure if it will work trying to fit the tubes under the GPU. I am not sure how you managed to get yours like that @KentMan :p
Right, this will be the last time I'll quote myself. :p

I am a little bit concerned about the tubes touching the outside of the GPU, as it gets hot under load. Have to see if the tubes at the bottom hurts CPU temps. :)

CRjlqOd.jpg

Associate
5600x, Arctic Liquid Freezer 240mm, top mounted as exhaust, PBO set to +200Mhz.

Idle 30c, gaming 50c. It does reach 75c in Cinebench, but that's with all cores going balls out, which will never happen with gaming.

Soldato
I went with the Asus Ryuo 240, it is keeping my current 3600 cool and never going about 70 Degrees, When my 5800X arrives will do some more tests....

EYo1yrpZ0CZMn4wsPxs4qpIBNJWeNYUU1bkQ-_cTDVYrEg
UNKqqpN.jpg

Even managed to mount it in correctly ;)

Another Ryuo 240 here (with better cable tidying ;) )

idles around 28-30c, gaming load 50-53c and benchmark max 70c

tiq9MmR.jpg

Associate
NZXT Kraken X63 on a 5900x. Reseated it a few times with Kryonaut thermal compound but still not 100% happy with it for thermal and pump noise reasons. I have ordered a Noctua DH15 instead and am going to use the X63 on another (Intel) machine).

Associate

KgQmMUL.jpg

Like i said, i cable tied mine behind the gpu, they are touching the bottom of the gpu shroud but i dont think that'll be an issue... soon as i can get a slimmer 6800XT i'll go back to Vertical GPU mount, then its a non issue as the pipes wont be touching anything.

Soldato
Ordered an Arctic Freezer 2 420mm AIO for my 5900X, waiting for the cpu to arrive in the next few days, the AIO is a behemoth though so im expecting good things.

@LtMatt you fitted your 420 yet? If so notice much difference over your 360? Im coming from an EVGA Clc 280 on a 3800X, will be interesting to see the difference in Thermal performance

I've got a similar AIO on order. Its not so much the cpu thats the problem its the 30x0 FE it cools the gpu fine but dumps so much heat in the case the CPU is spit roasting in there

Associate
I've got a similar AIO on order. Its not so much the cpu thats the problem its the 30x0 FE it cools the gpu fine but dumps so much heat in the case the CPU is spit roasting in there

Well i have to say i average around 27c idle and tops out at around 61c under full load, so my CPU is actually running really nicely. Thats with auto OC and PBO enabled as well.

Soldato
Got my Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 lastnight... for anyone with a Phanteks P600s considering this, if like me you have all four included 140mm case fans fitted to the front of the case, then this cooler will not fit in the front replacing just two of them, you would have to remove all three front 140mm fans to fit the cooler due to the overhang of the radiator from the fans... but it fits in the top with more than enough spare room. I had to fit towards teh top/Front as the CPU power plugs at teh back of the board prevented placing it towards the very back of the case but the tubes do not catch on the front fan so not a biggy.

Early days yet as its only just fitted and will need time for the Kryonaut to settle maybe... buy already seeing a drop in max temps from hitting 90c in Cinebench all core test to 86c. in gaming a drop from 66-70c down to 63c. This is coming from a Corsair H100i Pro which it just not suitable for a 5950x. Running PBO and a Custom Curve Optimizer setting.

Back
Top Bottom