• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5950X low single core scores in Cinebench R15&R20

Associate
Thank you!!!

That gave me another boost :) . Asus does suck ass bios wise, when you have to disable "performance improvement options" to get better performance :)

PBO Enable motherboard limits, CurveOptimizer set to -15 on best cores and -10 on rest, +100Mhz, Scalar x4, LLC set to default, voltage set to auto, Performance Enhancer - default, PBO Fmax - disable.

Gi3kZVK.jpg

CINEBENCH-R20-CPU-Single-Core-643.jpg

PBO 300/220/240 limits, Curve Optimizer set to -15 on best cores and -10 on rest, +50Mhz, Scalar x10, LLC set to default, voltage set to auto, Performance Enhancer - default, PBO Fmax - disable.

And finally some good results without overclock or voltage. Cant wait for the cpu block to arrive to see what this CPU can do with a sub ambient chiller cooling :)

YfgMyIF.png

I’ve been having the same issue with my 5950x since release date on a asus crosshair VIII formula tried all the bios’s released since and am still having low single core score and can’t for the life of me find the mentioned “performance enhancer” setting anywhere in the bios. Has it been removed?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I see this is becoming a place for any issues regarding BIOSes :D
So my 5950x + Asrock x570 Taichi on latest beta bios does not boot 3600Mhz RAM speed even though 3900x was happily running those speeds with pre-Zen3 bios. It immediatly shows Code 92 (which has nothing to do with memory on Asrock motherboards). I'm currently running 3533Mhz.
Also, while I'm not running any PBO settings yet, my CPU keeps 4ghz all core clock while folding at 64C. Ryzen Master reports that I am using 100% of 140A. If I load single threaded code, I only see 4.3ghz max boost. I would have assumed that even without PBO it would manage to boost to 4.6 or even to 4.9ghz even for split second.
I haven't had time to play around with latest stable BIOS though, but that one seems to be patch C.
P.S. Apparently they made 3.80 BIOS a stable release yesterday. I wonder if they actually fixed anything going from beta 3.80 to stable 3.80 :/

Soldato
In order to see higher boost clocks near the advertised clocks, you need to go into PBO and set it to Motherboard, leave the rest on auto... my 5950X was the same on My Aorus X570 Elite, at default i got around 4ghz all core and 4.4 boost, now i get 4.4 all core and over 4.6 single, not sure if this is normal or down to Beta Bios's but a custom curve will get you higher still :)

Associate
In order to see higher boost clocks near the advertised clocks, you need to go into PBO and set it to Motherboard, leave the rest on auto... my 5950X was the same on My Aorus X570 Elite, at default i got around 4ghz all core and 4.4 boost, now i get 4.4 all core and over 4.6 single, not sure if this is normal or down to Beta Bios's but a custom curve will get you higher still :)

Got it. Thanks :)
I just assumed that without PBO it would boost to near advertised levels on single thread, since my 3900x done that exact thing. I never enabled anything PBO related in BIOS, yet CPU would boost to 4.4ghz single core, and 4.1ghz AVX/4ghz AVX2 all cores load, while clearly being limited by 80+C temps.

Anyways, still need to play around with it much more, as I haven't looked into all possible resolutions for my issues

Associate
I’ve been having the same issue with my 5950x since release date on a asus crosshair VIII formula tried all the bios’s released since and am still having low single core score and can’t for the life of me find the mentioned “performance enhancer” setting anywhere in the bios. Has it been removed?

Same as you i cant find this performance enhancer anywhere in my bios

Associate
I have the same issue, can't seem to figure out why i get only 625 points in single score with my 5950x, it boosts fine to 5050 mhz etc. On Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme.

I started out on bios version f31l when i got the board a week ago and i could easily boot on 4000/2000flck and was really happy thinking i got a great chip, but to my dismay it appears ONLY the bios version f31l would allow me to do this, and it wasn't stable, tons of WHEA errors in the event viewer, it was so bad i had to go all the way down to 3200/1600mhz to get rid of the WHEA errors.

Ended up downgrading the bios to F30 and i now run fully stable at 3600/1800 with tighter timings, but if i even try to touch 1900 it won't even post. All bioses iv'e tested before and after the initial f31l that i started out with won't even post at 1900 flck. I have done no modifications to the volts yet except for adding 0.2v to my memory

Associate
I have the same issue, can't seem to figure out why i get only 625 points in single score with my 5950x, it boosts fine to 5050 mhz etc. On Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme.

I started out on bios version f31l when i got the board a week ago and i could easily boot on 4000/2000flck and was really happy thinking i got a great chip, but to my dismay it appears ONLY the bios version f31l would allow me to do this, and it wasn't stable, tons of WHEA errors in the event viewer, it was so bad i had to go all the way down to 3200/1600mhz to get rid of the WHEA errors.

Ended up downgrading the bios to F30 and i now run fully stable at 3600/1800 with tighter timings, but if i even try to touch 1900 it won't even post. All bioses iv'e tested before and after the initial f31l that i started out with won't even post at 1900 flck. I have done no modifications to the volts yet except for adding 0.2v to my memory

I have 5950x with x570 Elite (Gigabyte) with F31 BIOS. Only OC i have is to run my 3600M CL18 RAM at 3666M (if you call that OC). I do have PBO set in BIOS with "mother board limits" with CO of -11 (I think. I need to reboot to see it. I am changing number only once in a while to make sure it's stable) All the rest is default/auto. With this, i get CPU-Z single core score of 681.9, multi of 13028.1 with outlook, browser and a few others running in background. I had lower score when CO was like -5,.

Last edited:
Associate
Aorus Master @ F31o Bios here.
I swapped my 5900X which had no problems with 3800Mhz Ram and 1900 flck to a 5950X. Now i also can get max of 3733Mhz and 1867 flck with the same Ram or i will get instant crash on bootup... i tried increasing the voltages (dram 1.42 soc 1.125) but no luck... do you think i have a "bad" chip or is it a common Gigabyte bios bug/issue?

My guess is, that it is a bios issue.. its so strange 3733 and 1867 are running super easy, without increasing any volage.

Last edited:
Associate
Aorus Master @ F31o Bios here.
I swapped my 5900X which had no problems with 3800Mhz Ram and 1900 flck to a 5950X. Now i also can get max of 3733Mhz and 1867 flck with the same Ram or i will get instant crash on bootup... i tried increasing the voltages (dram 1.42 soc 1.125) but no luck... do you think i have a "bad" chip or is it a common Gigabyte bios bug/issue?

My guess is, that it is a bios issue.. its so strange 3733 and 1867 are running super easy, without increasing any volage.
2 dimm or 4 dimm? What timings did you set? Command rate? Gear down enabled / disabled?

Associate
Img broken....

If you leave everything on auto, manually set ram to 3733, something like 18-18-18-46-54 trfc 432, fclk to 1866, boot back to bios, change only mem to 3800, fclk to 1900, boot into bios again. See if that works.

Looks like mem isn't the issue and may well be chip limitation.

Back
Top Bottom