Just ordered the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 earbuds

Soldato
I dont like headphones/earphones as I never use them, but I thought I would buy some earbuds as I have never had any. So I bought the Boltune BT-BH024 because they were cheap and it was a waste to buy expensive if I wasn't going to be using them much..

So Ive had these for a good few months and Ive constantly got them in my ears as the SQ is pretty amazing and your blocked off from the world. So Ive just ordered the CA Melomania 1 for my xmas present, because with wearing my current buds for most of the day, the battery is constantly dying as they only last 3-4hrs. The Melomania 1 buds will last 9hrs and hopefully with better SQ too, even though my current buds sound pretty amazing.... Hopefully I wont be disappointed..

9ulBVZ9.jpg

Soldato
I saw those when looking for some for the kids (they've both asked for wireless IEMs for Xmas) and they do review well.

Let us know what you think when you get them!

Soldato
OP
I saw those when looking for some for the kids (they've both asked for wireless IEMs for Xmas) and they do review well.

The only problem with these and that is, they wont stay in some peoples ears, hopefully I wont have that problem as my ear canels are quite wide... But saying that, im only using the medium tips on my current buds, but I did try the large tips and they fitted fine also, the same as the medium tips..... Anyway fingers and toes crossed they will be good and I will notice the difference in SQ. And I will report back in a few weeks when I get them guys.

Associate
The replacement for these launch on January 1st, so some decent deals at the moment on the original versions

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've just replied to somebody in another thread about these.
I had some late last year and was blown away with them but I lost them around February this year so continued with my wired JBL.
About 3 months ago I bought another set and I'm still blown away every day.
Cambridge do their own foam earbuds 5 pairs for £10 and are worth it.

Soldato
OP
I've just replied to somebody in another thread about these.
I had some late last year and was blown away with them but I lost them around February this year so continued with my wired JBL.
About 3 months ago I bought another set and I'm still blown away every day.
Cambridge do their own foam earbuds 5 pairs for £10 and are worth it.

They were the best I could find for -£100 and if they stay in my ears, they should be a nice upgrade to my current ones..

But with other people saying that they fall out, is quite concerning and foam tips dont work for me as I cant get them to fit without making my ears sore. The silicone tips are fine with my current buds though, but they do slowly work there way out of me ears, but not annoyingly though and they never fall completely out, Im just pushing them in every 30mins or so. But it might be the stems as they want to go in further than the stems will allow them to go.

Roll on Xmas:D

Man of Honour
I can honestly say they've never come loose with Cambridge's own buds or one's I made myself.

I did make my own before the Cambridge ones were released.
I've got loads of Inairs Air2 buds and what you don't know yet is the Melomania has a very large diameter speaker spindle (!) to put the earbud on.

As you can see in the picture the earbud diameters are completely different however I was able to get them on with my thin pliers (the buds do stretch).
These now may be thick enough for you but I then went into the garage on my bench grinder and took a bit off the diameter until they were snug :)

www.dmpoole.co.uk/pics/melomaniabuds.jpg

melomaniabuds.jpg

Soldato
OP
Hows the lag when watching videos, as a mate of mine is also interested in these, but want to use them for tv watching aswel? My current buds use aptX codecs and the lag is really bad, but I see some buds/headphones use LL-aptX and this apparntly gets rid of the lag as the LL stands for Low Latency.

Soldato

If you are looking for well reviewed ones that wont break the bank, check out 'Earfun Air'. They got 5 stars on whathifi and go for £55.

Soldato
I have these. They're actually not as good as I was hoping but ultimately decided to keep them. They're a little bass heavy for me with not enough high mids, they also don't go particularly loud.

Decided to keep them as they're still pretty good and the case is really small so they fit in my jeans. :)

Soldato
OP
I have these. They're actually not as good as I was hoping but ultimately decided to keep them. They're a little bass heavy for me with not enough high mids, they also don't go particularly loud.

Decided to keep them as they're still pretty good and the case is really small so they fit in my jeans. :)

Yeah reviews say these dont go very loud, and that might be a problem for me as I do like to crank up the volume every so often... I dont know what to think about the bass as some people say there's not enough bass and others says that the bass is just ok, and apparently with my boltune bud's they are quite bass heavy, as they do have a much warmer and bassy sound than the airpods(2016).

Anyway, not so long to wait now..:D

Soldato
OP
My first thoughts of these buds, Im pretty impressed as.......
1. They fit in my ears perfectly, more so than my boltune buds as the boltune's slowly worked out of me ears over 30mins or so and these dont.
2. They are a warmer sounding than my boltune buds with a little less bass but bass is still very good.
3. These do sound so much better than the airpods, but they dont sound much better than my boltune buds
4. They are plenty loud enough for me with a slightly better bluetooth range than the boltune's
5. The volume control is very temperamental as it only sometimes let you change the volume on the buds
6. Mine came with 5 pairs of silicone(6 in total) tips and 2 pairs of foam tips, as they use to only come with 2 pair of silicon(3 in total) and 1 pair of foam tips.. The packaging has also changed, as they use to come in a nice book like box, but now they come in a ugly brown cardboard box:mad:

Soldato
OP
Plus with the buds being round, you can twist them in your ears to get a nice tight secure fit.:pAnd with the stick buds, you have to make sure they are sitting flat against the ear so you dont look like a tit With the Melomania buds you can throw them in you ear and you dont have to wrorry if they are sitting right against yours ears, because they automatically sit at a angle in the ear and you haven't the stick to wrorry about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom