A man walks into a tree...

Man of Honour
Not a joke per se, but sort of funny.

I went out shopping this evening. It's raining here, a drizzle that's more "put your hood up" than "put your umbrella up". It's also fairly dark at ~2000 at this time of year and I had the wrong glasses on. Although that probably wouldn't have made a difference as they were almost opaque due to a combination of the rain and condensation from breathing with a mask on (and the cold and damp air). My low light vision is pretty poor in the best circumstances, let alone those circumstances.

So yeah, I literally walked into a tree. Never saw the bloody thing at all. It was more of a sapling, I suppose, only a couple of inches thick. Straight down my face from brow to chin over my right eye. It feels like I'm going to have a black eye from having that part of my glasses rammed into my face.

On the plus side, the glasses held up really well. The frame hasn't bent (or, more likely, it bent a bit and then went back into shape) and the lens isn't scratched. So no harm done, therefore somewhat funny.

But the GD question is - Who do I sue? I think it's the tree's fault.

Soldato
Extinction rebellion. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to go planting trees in our city centres. Birds perch in them making a hell of a din in the mornings and crap on the pavements during the day. #chainsaw massacre.

Soldato
Must be something in the air tonight around here. I went shopping tonight, Sainsbury's in Stoke, and as I was walking back home I suddenly realised I'd left my bike locked up in the store. So I start sheepishly walking back, feeling like a bit of a div, only to get to the car park and realise that tonight, due to the rain, I've actually walked down rather than cycling like I usually do.

I haz 4090!
Don
Must be something in the air tonight around here. I went shopping tonight, Sainsbury's in Stoke, and as I was walking back home I suddenly realised I'd left my bike locked up in the store. So I start sheepishly walking back, feeling like a bit of a div, only to get to the car park and realise that tonight, due to the rain, I've actually walked down rather than cycling like I usually do.

That is brilliant :p

Soldato
If I may be so bold, but I think that climate change is the root of the problem with our barking mad weather, which leaves us to branch out into greener energies to stop this rot...

I'm equally visually challenged, but yet to walk into anything. :p

Soldato
I think your barking up the wrong tree with trying to sue and you really need to get to the root of the problem which caused this incident. I believe this is due to your job. I wood use this as a learning curve and a spring board to branch out into a new career and you might grow as a person.

Soldato
I think your barking up the wrong tree with trying to sue and you really need to get to the root of the problem which caused this incident. I believe this is due to your job. Maybe use this as a learning curve and a spring board to branch out into a new career and you might grow as a person.

You absolute....I literally, no word of a lie, just wrote that out with all the puns but before I pressed post I wanted to see the recent reply...

No words... :D

Man of Honour
Ban.

Worst joke ever.
Surely that would require OP's dad to reply as follows:

Dad said:
So yeah, I literally walked into a tree. Never saw the bloody thing at all. It was more of a sapling, I suppose, only a couple of inches thick.

But the GD question is - Who do I sue? I think it's the tree's fault.

Sue?! You should immediately call the police - there's been high tree, son.

Back
Top Bottom