• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
Loaded up the game and hit a big snag, can't use the arrow keys for movement. As a left hander i need to use those keys. :(

Might have to use a control pad instead.

Devil hand :D Learn to use the correct hand instead ;)

In seriousness though, can you not remap your WASD to like OKL; or something? Then your pinky has the same access to Shift and Control, Thumb on space -- literally the mirror of a right hander's set up? I'd never really thought about the lefties plight on kb+m... but my suggestion would appear to provide the same functionality, no?

Caporegime
Devil hand :D Learn to use the correct hand instead ;)

In seriousness though, can you not remap your WASD to like OKL; or something? Then your pinky has the same access to Shift and Control, Thumb on space -- literally the mirror of a right hander's set up? I'd never really thought about the lefties plight on kb+m... but my suggestion would appear to provide the same functionality, no?
Problem is I've been playing like this for a very long time so it's not comfortable to try and change now Lol. It usually works fine with most games, but not this one. I can remap the left and right keys, but not up or down for some reason.

I did find this workaround, but you need to set the file to read only or they change straight back. The problem here is, i will need to change a few other keys so will take me a while to get it setup right. Should be alright when its done though in theory.

Or just use a controller i guess., but i prefer aiming with mouse and keyboard in shooters.

Any suggestions on what difficulty to use? Not that familiar with RPGs at all, but don't want a walkthrough on easy. I'm thinking hard difficulty.

Soldato
Good question. :D

At first it was a little weird as it is so wide but coming from a Ultra Wide 3440x1440 display helped. To be honest, once you get used to Ultra Wide it is so difficult to go back to a 'normal' screen.

For gaming Ultra Wide is simply the best imo, as long as the game has a FOV slider as you will want it at 120 or thereabouts. I went from 4K 31" > 34" 3440x1440 > 49" 5120x1440 and I have not regretted it all. That said, if you play old games you will have some problems.

Not sure how this screenshot will look on your display but to give you an idea and a picture of the display itself.
oryyu2L.jpg

ZSOQ04V.jpg

If you are considering a monitor upgrade, Samsung just released the new version of this display, the Samsung Odyssey 240HZ 5120x1440, will need a GPU with HDMI 2.1 though.

EDIT Sorry for the OT. :o

Monitor looks like it has been forcefully bent....what a curve :D

Soldato
Are we expecting an optimised driver for this from AMD any time? A little boost would be nice for when I get the game :) The 5700xt seems to be just on the cusp of 1080p Ultra 60fps as it stands.

Caporegime
Soldato
Problem is I've been playing like this for a very long time so it's not comfortable to try and change now Lol. It usually works fine with most games, but not this one. I can remap the left and right keys, but not up or down for some reason.

I did find this workaround, but you need to set the file to read only or they change straight back. The problem here is, i will need to change a few other keys so will take me a while to get it setup right. Should be alright when its done though in theory.

Or just use a controller i guess., but i prefer aiming with mouse and keyboard in shooters.

Any suggestions on what difficulty to use? Not that familiar with RPGs at all, but don't want a walkthrough on easy. I'm thinking hard difficulty.

I started on Hard, but frankly it makes certain things obnoxiously "difficult" ... For example the Fight Club quest chain, when their HP is massively buffed and their damage output is also buffed, you get beat in a handful of hits but they can take a LOT of punishment (making it all the more likely they get those few hits on you). Enemies felt very spongey in general combat too..

I used to use the arrow keys too, but made the transition to WASD and tbh - it was for the better, even though it took me a little while to adjust... I think it'd probably be worth it for you too, but if you don't feel like it then *shrug*

Caporegime
I started on Hard, but frankly it makes certain things obnoxiously "difficult" ... For example the Fight Club quest chain, when their HP is massively buffed and their damage output is also buffed, you get beat in a handful of hits but they can take a LOT of punishment (making it all the more likely they get those few hits on you). Enemies felt very spongey in general combat too..

I used to use the arrow keys too, but made the transition to WASD and tbh - it was for the better, even though it took me a little while to adjust... I think it'd probably be worth it for you too, but if you don't feel like it then *shrug*
Hmm, maybe hard is a bit optimistic.

I think i will probably try a controller and see how it goes. There are so many different keys, and it looks like you can't unbind the F key which I've had to use a lot at the start.

Soldato
Permabanned
Loaded up the game and hit a big snag, can't use the arrow keys for movement. As a left hander i need to use those keys. :(

Might have to use a control pad instead.

Cooler Master's ControlPad isn't a bad choice with analogue keys. I've not done too much with it, but believe it can be used to emulate a game pad so you get all the various walk/run speeds that a stick would give you depending on how far you depress the keys.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/peripheral/keyboards/controlpad/

Associate
Visually the game looks awesome, as for game play so far hmmmmm cant say i like it. will see if it grows on me.
does it look awesome though? I'm experiencing serious pop ins and graphical issues and ghosting of characters. I have watched back some gameplay walkthrough videos on youtube of some guy at 4K with a 3090 and he has the same issues but didnt notice or doesnt want to notice.
I won't link the video and it's a complete walkthrough so no spoilers. I have completed the first act but I'm holding off playing some more. I'll post a screengrab in a minute if I can get one to show.
apparently the ghosting is the baked in TAA that cannot be turned off

Last edited:
Associate
Right I've come to the conclusion that my 30-50fps average with my RTX 3090 FE / Ryzen 3600 @ 4K Ultra, RTX Ultra, DLSS Quality, HDR on my LG CX is actually nothing to worry about. This whole time I've been looking at people here talking about getting 60+ fps with the exact same settings, but now we've got some legit benchmarks as follows. Hope this posts helps people in the same boat as me. Frankly I think a lot of people are chatting ******** about the framerate they're getting, or lying about what settings they're on.

Source 1:
RTX 3090 | 4K | RTX Ultra | DLSS Quality --> 39fps average, 1% low 34fps

Source 2 - Tom's Hardware Benchmarks:
cdfRncbJt2xdVxf2iVHjxi-970-80.png
RTX 3090 | 4K | RTX Ultra | DLSS Performance --> 54.8fps average, 1% low 48.5fps

Source 3 - NVidia Official Benchmarks:
Cyberpunk-2077-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Official-PC-Performance-benchmarks-With-Ray-Tracing-DLSS-on-RTX-3090-RTX-3080-RTX-3070-RTX-3060-Ti-_1.png
RTX 3090 | 4K | RTX Ultra | DLSS Performance --> 57.8fps average

Source 4 - Guru3d benchmarks:
SEABKZX_d.webp
RTX 3090 | 4K | RTX Ultra | DLSS Quality --> 42fps Average

Soldato
Right I've come to the conclusion that my 30-50fps average with my RTX 3090 FE / Ryzen 3600 @ 4K Ultra, RTX Ultra, DLSS Quality, HDR on my LG CX is actually nothing to worry about. This whole time I've been looking at people here talking about getting 60+ fps with the exact same settings, but now we've got some legit benchmarks as follows. Hope this posts helps people in the same boat as me. Frankly I think a lot of people are chatting ******** about the framerate they're getting, or lying about what settings they're on.

Source 1:

RTX 3090 | 4K | RTX Ultra | DLSS Performance --> 54.8fps average, 1% low 48.5fps

Cyberpunk-2077-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Official-PC-Performance-benchmarks-With-Ray-Tracing-DLSS-on-RTX-3090-RTX-3080-RTX-3070-RTX-3060-Ti-_1.png

SEABKZX_d.webp

It might be the CPU? Toms Hardware disabled half the cores of their Core i9 9900K,essentially making it a Core i7 7700K and performance dropped noticeably. HUB said their Ryzen 5 3600 was at 80% utilisation,so it wouldn't surprise me one bit the game might work somewhat better with at least 8 cores?? So if someone is using a highly overclocked 8~16 core CPU it might be helping out?? Hopefully some reviewers will test this out soon!!

Caporegime
Soldato
Thanks a lot. I wonder what hardware they use to run the game on GeForce now
It's an Intel CC150 quad core CPU and Nvidia Tesla T10 custom GPU, when you bring up the stats using ctrl+alt+f6 it says the GPU is 2080d, so I'd imagine it is roughly equivalent to an RTX 2080. Testing using Assassin's Creed Valhalla at 1080P (it allows you to monitor framerate by pressing F1) it seems quite a bit lower than that but maybe the weak CPU is holding it back as GPU usage was regularly dropping to ~70%.

Permabanned

Source 1:

SEABKZX_d.webp

I'm scared to turn a FPS counter on now. Running Physco with a 3080 at 1440p / 32GB DDR3 / SATA SSDs and a 3770k :D

Back
Top Bottom