• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
It is very demanding on the CPU, basing it on the first hour is not realistic. The game gets much more demanding when you hit the open world and markets with loads of people.

My 2600 bottlenecks my 3060ti, I really don't think 6 cores are enough for this game maybe a 10600k.
I use a 5600x and 3080 with out the box settings for the 3080 and fps was dipping down into the high 30s at times in heavy market areas from a general 50-80fps. I didn't check cpu usage at that point but its always high on all cores and I suspect I'm being bottlenecked.

Associate
2950x is 66%
Yeah 2600 usage is 70% but still bottlenecks hard. Some threads 90% usage others very low usage.
Most likely not enough single thread grunt, or needs patching like others have noticed.

Do you get consistent 99% GPU usage even when driving/in market?

Man of Honour
It seems 2077 is not utilizing Zen CPUs as much as Intel with SMT threads hardly touched even on the likes of the 3700X, needs patching for ryzen.

It seems to be using some kind of odd (i.e. really random use of AVX, etc.) approaches to instruction set utilisation, etc. which may play into HT's hands - AMD's SMT does well with heavy parallel use of simple instruction scenarios but not so well with complex scenarios while HT tends to be more of a middle ground for both.

Which is kind of odd given that a big platform for the game is consoles and AMD hardware - but as I've said before what runs well on console and why often doesn't translate to PC space.

Soldato
Yeah 2600 usage is 70% but still bottlenecks hard. Some threads 90% usage others very low usage.
Most likely not enough single thread grunt, or needs patching like others have noticed.

Do you get consistent 99% GPU usage even when driving/in market?
in the market i got 95-90% if i keep DLSS to qaulity/balanced if i touch perf it drops to 50%

Soldato
It seems to be using some kind of odd (i.e. really random use of AVX, etc.) approaches to instruction set utilisation, etc. which may play into HT's hands - AMD's SMT does well with heavy parallel use of simple instruction scenarios but not so well with complex scenarios while HT tends to be more of a middle ground for both.

Which is kind of odd given that a big platform for the game is consoles and AMD hardware - but as I've said before what runs well on console and why often doesn't translate to PC space.

Hust another example of consoles having amd hardware does NOT mean games are automatically optimized for AMD pc hardware despite what amd fans have said for years and years now

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hust another example of consoles having amd hardware does NOT mean games are automatically optimized for AMD pc hardware despite what amd fans have said for years and years now

Maybe so, but CP2077 has been in the making for what 7 years now, so over that time RDNA2 was not in production only until this year would there been any chance to 'optimise' but the rest of the toolset would have been built with older technologies available.

Ed- quick check and its nine years!!

Soldato
I'm not sure I'd actually enable RT for this game when it becomes available, at least not before Hopper/RDNA 3. Reason being is that it looks so good already, and so busy (visually) that I don't think any of the ray tracing effects will really stand out during gameplay (same issue I had with Control RT but here it's even bigger), and because the game is actually quite fast-paced I HATE going below 60 fps. I mean, good luck playing a bruiser build with 30 fps, that's all I'll say, let alone on the higher difficulties. I actually wanna reach 120 fps more, but seems that for that kind of a framerate we'll need some huge CPU & memory jumps as well. So I guess to really show this game off it's going be another 2-3 generations of hardware releases - and hey, just in time for miniLED goodness too! ;)

Associate
There is a difference between PC games ported on consoles vs console games ported on PCs. Especially when the game was sponsored by Nvidia, i don't think they are paying money to help the devs optimize the game for RDNA2. :)
The consoles - AMD optimization, means that any game made for consoles will be more optimized for the Big Navi (especially if it is a X box series game ). But i think the console ported games will get optimized for Nvidia too since most PC gamers are using Nvidia cards. Anyone who wants to sell their game on PC, will have to optimize the game for Nvidia.

Soldato
I've tried to tune the game to run at 55-60fps @1440p on my 5700(5700xt bios) and unless i'm running at 80 or below scaling it ain't happening :( I'm gonna have to put the game on hold until either the performance gets better from patches or I get some better hardware cause it's ruining the experience to not have a native pixel-perfect picture.

Associate
I'm not sure I'd actually enable RT for this game when it becomes available, at least not before Hopper/RDNA 3. Reason being is that it looks so good already, and so busy (visually) that I don't think any of the ray tracing effects will really stand out during gameplay (same issue I had with Control RT but here it's even bigger), and because the game is actually quite fast-paced I HATE going below 60 fps.

I think the fact that the 6800xt will have about 3 FPS with RT on would be more of an issue rather than it being busy.

Soldato
That didn't happen for PS4/Xbox One so why do you think it'll happen for PS5/Xbox X?
PS4 and Xbox games which were made for consoles using AMD GPU's didn't run better on AMD GPU's in PC...
By run better do you mean beat Nvidia?
For all we know Nvidia may have had to commit more man power (relative to AMD) behind the scenes to keep their lead.
Or the optimisations meant a penniless AMD managed to keep up with the behemoth that is Nvidia with nothing more than a skeleton crew running the driver team.

Soldato
I've tried to tune the game to run at 55-60fps @1440p on my 5700(5700xt bios) and unless i'm running at 80 or below scaling it ain't happening :( I'm gonna have to put the game on hold until either the performance gets better from patches or I get some better hardware cause it's ruining the experience to not have a native pixel-perfect picture.

A7D472945D43EF952B3251950BC969BFB8C67883

That's 55fps in a fairly heavy area on 5700xt @ 1440p

Settings:

Display
=======
Vsync: Off
Maximum FPS: Off
Windowed Mode: Fullscreen

Graphics
========
Basic
FOV: 80
Film Grain: Off
Chromatic Abberation: Off
Depth of Field: Off
Lens Flare: On
Motion Blur: Off

Advanced:
Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Geometry: On
Ansitropy: 16
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: Medium
Local Shadow Quality: Medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: Medium
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Medium
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Medium
Subsurface Scattering Quality: Medium
Ambient Occlusion: Medium
Color Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: High
Level of Detail (LOD): High

Resolution Scaling:
Static FidelityFX CAS: On
Resolution Scaling: 90

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone running with a 2070 Super what settings/FPS are u getting I'm limited by my 1700 until my 5800Z arrives but averaging about 50fps but drops into the 20/30s at times on high settings with medium RTX and Performance DLSS @ 2560x1080

Soldato
It seems 2077 is not utilizing Zen CPUs as much as Intel with SMT threads hardly touched even on the likes of the 3700X, needs patching for ryzen.

WZte5ig.png

Came across this thread on reddit which pointed to a 'fix' for the above issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/kbtuec/possible_cyberpunk_2077_on_amd_cpus_performance/

I tested hex editing the executable and it does cause the load to be spread across all cores instead of mostly on real cores though performance seemed the same in the brief test. Perhaps it would make more of a difference on older gen ryzen chips compared to this 5800X ?

Before:
TrTN2cI.jpg
After hex edit:
0Rf3Cdm.jpeg

1st line below D3D12 is t0 core usage percents , 2nd line below t1 cores.

Back
Top Bottom