Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
I have rev 1.2 of this board and the PCCH fan noise is very loud with some coil whine. I tried changing the setting to silent, but I am unhappy with the noise. Any solutions?

This is someone else's video of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvi2Lg5xt1c

I was going to buy an X470 board and I regret not doing this.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have rev 1.2 of this board and the PCCH fan noise is very loud with some coil whine. I tried changing the setting to silent, but I am unhappy with the noise. Any solutions?

This is someone else's video of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvi2Lg5xt1c

I was going to buy an X470 board and I regret not doing this.

I got a 1.2 and the fan doesn’t spin in normal use using the silent setting. Only time it spins up is at start up very briefly.

Associate
5900x @ 3800/IF1900 Teamgroup 3600 CL16 RAM 2x16GB

Was running a 3600XT on BIOS F31h beta until upgrading CPU to 5900x.

I re-flashed and started from fresh with the standard F30 BIOS when I got the CPU a few days ago. I have major problems with the rear bank of 4 USB2 ports. They are unstable and nothing I have tried has fixed it. I usually use those ports for my mouse/keyboard and Steelseries USB Sound card/wireless headset. All these ports are losing power either intermittently or long term. I have to connect my devices to the rear USB3 ports only. I have tried number of possible fixes and none have worked, this includes :-

1/ Ensuring the power management under Windows 10 is set NOT to allow any USB port to sleep/reduce power
2/ Underclocking my ram (leaving at default speeds (not XMP))
3/ Switch PCIE port to mode 3 rather than auto. I am not using a PCIE Express 4 GPU, just a GTX 1080ti
4/ Disable Global C states (Sleep prevention)

These are most of the things mentioned in various places for this board or other boards with a similar problem.

Recently all the beta BIOS's were withdrawn from the Gigabyte website. But now now one is back, and that is F31o.

Beta F31o states amongst other things - improved connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub.

I jumped on this new beta BIOS specifically for this fix, but actually it's made that bank of 4 USB2 ports worse. From being a quite flaky, on/off/on/off, the ports now are more off than on. They are unusable. For instance I lose the mouse in windows, reboot to go to the BIOS, but the keyboard is dead so I can't enter, windows loads and the keyboard is working (for while).

At the moment I don't know whether to ignore the problem, and wait for a new BIOS. Or rebuild the PC with my spare Asrock Taichi X570, which seemed to have a flaky LAN port that would just reset the PC when installing an updated LAN driver (plus other LAN problems). Jumping from frying pan into the fire comes to mind if I do that ............ <SIGH>

Last edited:
Associate
@jumpjet If you haven't tried already, perhaps changing the bios settings as shown in this video could help?

https://youtu.be/d-7YvN8MKQg

Thanks, I'll take a look now ......

Cheers

EDIT: Yes I have already watched it. This was disabling the Global C States as mentioned in my original post.

Unlike that guy, who says disabling the Global C States doesn't effect his performance. It does for me, but not by that much. For me it's the roughly equivalent (in Cinebench) of running my ram at 3600 rather than it's current 3800

Last edited:
Associate
Looking for some knowledge on this board or maybe the Ryzen in general.
I have the x570 Master, and a 5950x. I used to have a i9 9900k, so I don't know if this voltage is ok.
I'm basically for the most part idling at 1.4+ volts, sometimes 1.48v, I have the F30 Bios, I had the F31o for a second but i kept getting stuck on post with a D5 or 05 error whichever it is, so I rolled back.
The bios settings are basically as it comes with just XMP enabled, and the power plan is on Balanced.
Only thing I can say i've noticed if the idling is below 1ghz clock then i tend to be between 1.2v-1.3v. as soon as over the 1.5ghz mark that seems to be when the voltage ramps.
This maybe normal I don't know, but it seems that the high voltage can sometimes be for very extended times.
Thanks in advanced
To add I have just noticed and tried to capture, on idle it can drop low like stated, but its WHEN i just move the mouse around the voltage rises to its peak! Here is a gif https://gyazo.com/16dabe0875428e4334655af007a015ef

Ok, maybe i have fixed this, iCue seemed to be to blame...

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
This F31 BIOS sourced from the tweaktown forum linked in my last post, is looking promising for my 4 x usb 2 port stability problems, but it's way too early confirm it fixed yet. System/ram stability checks etc. have taken priority ATM, however my normal USB 2 devices are back into the USB 2 ports at the moment, with no issues over the past hour or so.

EDIT: No I am back to using USB 3 ports for everything. All was good until I used the Wireless Headset when on Teamspeak. The keyboard lights starting flashing regularly, and there was a few 1 second audio dropouts.

Maybe I'll just try the keyboard and/or mouse in the USB 2 ports and leave the audio for USB 3, but that's for tomorrow.

If I get no joy, I'll stick with USB 3 and additional non-powered hubs if and when required. I'll test the USB 2 ports on the next BIOS update.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyway i can get this better, its running these volts 100% of time when playing cyberpunk. Is it ok?
Everything stock only xmp enabled and PBO, but default same volts
dc7a8a12db1830e0f0a3a30fcad387df
1.43v
https://gyazo.com/dc7a8a12db1830e0f0a3a30fcad387df

dc7a8a12db1830e0f0a3a30fcad387df

Soldato
OP
Just updated to F22 from F11 BIOS with Q flash plus but ended up with F5l BIOS?!! Definitely the right BIOS on the USB as confirmed in the BIOS by Q flash.

Ram the update with Q flash and no issues, now at F22. Very odd as previously I just used the Windows application, risky but dual BIOS, and had no issues at all.

Associate
Just updated to F22 from F11 BIOS with Q flash plus but ended up with F5l BIOS?!! Definitely the right BIOS on the USB as confirmed in the BIOS by Q flash.

Ram the update with Q flash and no issues, now at F22. Very odd as previously I just used the Windows application, risky but dual BIOS, and had no issues at all.

Do you chose to update the back up bios at the same time when updating?
My guess is you might not have ever updated the backup bios before and it had just flipped over to that.
Possibly some bios setting remained from your F11 settings that F22 didn't want to boot with, so failed over and booted from backup, which was still on F5.

Soldato
OP
Do you chose to update the back up bios at the same time when updating?
My guess is you might not have ever updated the backup bios before and it had just flipped over to that.
Possibly some bios setting remained from your F11 settings that F22 didn't want to boot with, so failed over and booted from backup, which was still on F5.

Could be, I've never touched the backup BIOS. Luckily never needed it! I don't really need it but it is a bit of insurance should a flash go bad.

I'll update again when F31 drops and it looks stable. I'm impressed how many BIOS updates they put out. So far going to F22, latest chipset drivers and all Windows updates and latest GPU drivers it's all looking very stable.

Back
Top Bottom