Aorus master X570 vs New Dark hero X570

Associate
Hi all, putting together a new gaming, streaming and content creation rig.

I have at home already most of my components, waiting on cpu and gpu stock like everyone else...

I already have a brand new boxed, Rev 1.2 Aorus Master, after reading the Aorus master owners thread, I am a little concerned. That along with the fact my previous 2 motherboards have both been Asus, flawless, and my first and only Gigabyte motherboard was DOA, this does not inspire confidence.

Now I am prepared to give Gigabyte another go, however I want the best gaming board, with the highest fps as I’ll be driving a 240hz gaming screen. From a performance perspective, would the Dark Hero be considered an upgrade over the Aorus Master?

I am mostly interested in performance, reliability, stable workhorse that turns on each and every day without needing 1000 bios updates to still be a mess..

Id love to hear from anyone with input.

For reference, I shall, be pairing either motherboard with a 5900X and 32gb ram which will be across 4 dimms of 8gb modules being Patriot Viper Steel 4400mhz b die ram, hoping to lower speed and tighten the timings.

So, in my shoes, price aside, which do I go with and why?

Really appreciate your time reading and any valuable input.

Cheers
Sgt

Soldato
whats wrong with Aorus board? ASUS customer services are complete jokes. MSI boards aint as feature rich for simalar price point. ASRock is a different story all together

Last edited:
Associate
whats wrong with Aorus board? ASUS customer services are complete jokes. MSI boards aint as feature rich for simalar price point. ASRock is a different story all together

Aorus Master is a joke itself.
Plenty of power issues, without booting and having to remove the cmos battery when happens. An issue not resolved that involves all revisions of the board and that makes you remove the gpu every time.

Associate
I have just replaced my z370 formula with x570 master. Had no issues so far and seems to be better built (asus uses soft screws on their m2 heatsinks).

I also did exact same setup. 5900x with viper ram. 3800 at cl16

Associate
Performance wise there won't be much between them.

Go for a board that's got the features you want and a bios you're happy using. I've used all over the years and always settle on Asus as it's my preferred bios, only once had an issue with a board (years ago and rma'd no problem), aesthetically pleasing.

I've got crosshair hero waiting to go into the case for a refresh and it'll be replacing maximus hero. I don't expect any issues.

Associate
There seems to be someone with a personal vendetta against the master motherboard.

I just went through almost the same choice between the hero (not dark) and the master. The master was so much cheaper that I couldn't justify the extra £80-100 for the hero board. The master has a better power delivery that the hero, other than that they are almost the same, I prefer the look of the hero and for them at a similar price I would have chosen that board.

my experience of the master up to now is that it seems very good, no strange start up behavior and it seems more stable than my old intel setup.

Associate
OP
There seems to be someone with a personal vendetta against the master motherboard.

I just went through almost the same choice between the hero (not dark) and the master. The master was so much cheaper that I couldn't justify the extra £80-100 for the hero board. The master has a better power delivery that the hero, other than that they are almost the same, I prefer the look of the hero and for them at a similar price I would have chosen that board.

my experience of the master up to now is that it seems very good, no strange start up behavior and it seems more stable than my old intel setup.

Out of curiosity, which revision is your Master? 1.0,1.1 or 1.2?

Associate
with the specification you've noted in your post you won't see any major difference with the choice of motherboard. only minor increments would be sen on either board based on the overclocking you'd be able to get and most of that would be driven by how good your CPU and Memory are in terms of the quality of the parts.

All the reviews i've seen of the different motherboards has shown 1 fps type difference between games so nothing noticeable at all.

The main factor you should be thinking about with the motherboard is the support it has for devices you need to have connected. e.g. number of M2 slots, number of USB 2 / 3 / C channels, RGB control etc.

Personally I've gone for a Dark Hero (being dispatched today) and the main thing for me was the fact if has 2 M2 slots and also the number of USB slots on the back plate meaning I don't have to have an additional USB card plugged in. I also like the fact that it is passively cooled.

Associate
with the specification you've noted in your post you won't see any major difference with the choice of motherboard. only minor increments would be sen on either board based on the overclocking you'd be able to get and most of that would be driven by how good your CPU and Memory are in terms of the quality of the parts.

All the reviews i've seen of the different motherboards has shown 1 fps type difference between games so nothing noticeable at all.

The main factor you should be thinking about with the motherboard is the support it has for devices you need to have connected. e.g. number of M2 slots, number of USB 2 / 3 / C channels, RGB control etc.

Personally I've gone for a Dark Hero (being dispatched today) and the main thing for me was the fact if has 2 M2 slots and also the number of USB slots on the back plate meaning I don't have to have an additional USB card plugged in. I also like the fact that it is passively cooled.

I have orders pending for it, but can't get one. :(

Back
Top Bottom