Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Still torn on whether to play now on Series X or wait for the proper next gen version and patches

Depends on how fussy you are / where your expectations are. Another big thing is that the AI basically seems non existent.

For me there’s an awful lot of work that still needs to go into the game and 100% waiting for next gen patch. If some of those AI and “things that make this game not so immersive” issues don’t quite get fixed to live up to the repeated promises of an immersive open world, well then at least I would not have paid for full retail on the game in the 6-12 months down the line.

Man of Honour
Given how cool my X is after an hour of cyberpunk vs say an hour of Valhalla, there must be a lot of overhead since it doesn’t seem to be working the hardware very hard.

Are you all using the default controller settings? They feel quite laggy/not very sensitive with the defaults, but not sure what to change.

Soldato
Given how cool my X is after an hour of cyberpunk vs say an hour of Valhalla, there must be a lot of overhead since it doesn’t seem to be working the hardware very hard.

Are you all using the default controller settings? They feel quite laggy/not very sensitive with the defaults, but not sure what to change.

From memory, there are response curve settings you can change, this sounds like what you're describing.

Soldato
Still torn on whether to play now on Series X or wait for the proper next gen version and patches

I'm going to wait, if it was just visual improvements I'd play now but the game is full of bugs as well as UI/AI/other issues which will definitely see at least some improvement (I'd expect significant improvement other than the AI which seems to be a choice they made to just not implement it in some places).

Soldato
If anyone is finding the aiming or HDR settings a bit weird, try these settings.

HDR:
Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

I'm on XSX with a LG CX and this made it look much better, less washed out with some proper darks.

Control settings:

* Outer Dead Zone - 0.90
* Inner Dead Zone - 0.05

* Horizontal Sensitivity - 13
* Vertical Sensitivity - 11
* Zoom Sensitivity Reduction - 1
* Response Curve - Recommended

* Horizontal Turning Bonus - 0.80
* Vertical Turning Bonus - 0.40
* Turning Ramp-up time - 0
* Turning Delay - 0

* Horizontal Turning (ADS) - 0
* Vertical Turning (ADS) - 0
* Turning Ramp-up time (ADS) - 0
* Turning Delay (ADS) - 0

If you need more sensitivity turn up the base sensitivity, however you may need to lower the turning bonuses to compensate.

Both copied Reddit, but both have worked a treat for me.

Hopefully what I've just posted helps.

Caporegime
OP
The more I've looked into this game the more it's become apparent that they probably needed several more years to get anywhere close to completion and their publisher just told them there's no end in sight and it's being released 3 months no matter what state it is in, the developer has then just patched up a half finished game the best they can with very trivial AI routines, scripting etc. I mean people are posting screenshots of in-game signs with placeholder text, it's simply not a finished product. The patches being released should be called something like 0.85. It's just sad that they have made so much money and got away with releasing a buggy, un-optimised, half baked game.

Whatever the developer has been doing for 8 years I think it's a case of them biting off more than they can chew.

lol, go and look up who the publisher is....then realise how silly your post is.

Associate

I'd wait it out if you can. Bugs and performance issues aside this game is an empty shell compared to what was promised by CDPR marketing. You can get some enjoyment from playing the main story quest, but it doesn't take long to complete. Night City is visually enticing, but scratch beneath the surface and you'll find there is no substance or depth. This is the most disappointing AAA release I've seen ( and played ) since Diablo 3. CDPR have a helluva job on their hands to salvage their reputation after this mess.

ps. I'm playing this on a high-end PC ( RTX 3090 + Ryzen 3900X ) and even with all the bells & whistles turned on it's an utter mess.

Caporegime

I think there is no doubt that the X can do better than it currently does. Just based in the hardware there is no reason it can't do 4k60fps at reasonable quality settings(ie mix of high/uktra).

I found the same thing with rdr2 on series X. The console barely gets warm compared to games that have the series s/x enhanced tag.

Soldato
I'm about 10 hours in now, and my session this morning was the first I've actually started enjoying it properly. I've accepted that the AI is non existent and the world is pretty lifeless/non-interactive. Changing the HDR settings has made the game at least look a bit better and I'm getting to grips with the combat.

Overall I'm massively dissapointed with what could have been, but I'll try to enjoy it and hopefully as I play more and get more invested in the story it will be more enjoyable.

Soldato
If anyone is finding the aiming or HDR settings a bit weird, try these settings.

HDR:
Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

I'm on XSX with a LG CX and this made it look much better, less washed out with some proper darks.

Control settings:

* Outer Dead Zone - 0.90
* Inner Dead Zone - 0.05

* Horizontal Sensitivity - 13
* Vertical Sensitivity - 11
* Zoom Sensitivity Reduction - 1
* Response Curve - Recommended

* Horizontal Turning Bonus - 0.80
* Vertical Turning Bonus - 0.40
* Turning Ramp-up time - 0
* Turning Delay - 0

* Horizontal Turning (ADS) - 0
* Vertical Turning (ADS) - 0
* Turning Ramp-up time (ADS) - 0
* Turning Delay (ADS) - 0

If you need more sensitivity turn up the base sensitivity, however you may need to lower the turning bonuses to compensate.

Both copied Reddit, but both have worked a treat for me.

Hopefully what I've just posted helps.

Thanks, though the HDR settings I have different and it looks fine here, peak brightness you really don't need to increase it, perfectly fine at default 500, and all paper white does is brightens the HUD, so the lower the better, especially on OLED.

I turned all the graphics settings like motion blur, lens flare, chromatic aberration off.

My HDR settings on LG CX are: peak brightness 500, paper white 60 , tone map 1.25

But as has been said, HDR is completely broken in this game.

Don
I'm waiting til I can I actually get a Series X. Hopefully by then we'll have a next gen version and they will have released a few updates as well.

Pretty sure this has been mentioned but regardless of the number of patches/updates, it's not going to fix the mechanics, just the bugs, maybe some graphical enhancements but that's it.

The opening scene reminded me of HL, the overall look felt like I was playing some oldy game that I got free with PS+ :(

I haven't played enough to really comment and I started playing after the patch was released yesterday so maybe I will have a better experience. I'm going to try the settings posted above as the shooting felt really poor, I had no control at all.

Soldato
I'm waiting til I can I actually get a Series X. Hopefully by then we'll have a next gen version and they will have released a few updates as well.

I'm thinking I'll probably get the game and play as it is just now on my PS4 Pro. Don't really want to wait for next gen when we don't have a date confirmed for it yet and all we know is 2021 sometime. Especially given how notorious the game has been for delays!

Soldato
The more I've looked into this game the more it's become apparent that they probably needed several more years to get anywhere close to completion and their publisher just told them there's no end in sight and it's being released 3 months no matter what state it is in, the developer has then just patched up a half finished game the best they can with very trivial AI routines, scripting etc. I mean people are posting screenshots of in-game signs with placeholder text, it's simply not a finished product. The patches being released should be called something like 0.85. It's just sad that they have made so much money and got away with releasing a buggy, un-optimised, half baked game.

Whatever the developer has been doing for 8 years I think it's a case of them biting off more than they can chew.

You can't have looked into the game that much otherwise you'd have seen that it was both developed and published by CDProjekt / RED :)

I'll be having another go at the game over the next few days. I'll see how I feel about it after that but from what I've seen, the story and missions are pretty good so I'm happy to give it a chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bandai Namco is the publisher in Europe. That’s what’s on the box..... :)...

The comedy appearing Police in this game are just so awful it’s funny. I had one appear half in my car and it made my car flip up and kill another pedestrian causing more Police to beam in from out of nowhere..... It’s just awful and instantly kills any immersion.

Back
Top Bottom