• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
yes and still to many bugs, this game will be patched and patched, people walking through walls and cars lol in a year it may well be the game its supposed to be, but now its all hype and poor game play.

I normally wait a while before playing any new game since they are usually bugged and unoptimized. I will start playing it after 6 months. Mind you I still haven't gotten round to playing Witcher 3 lol.

Soldato
Just updated my BIOS, chipset drivers and graphics drivers. Downloaded an update to the game and had a quick 20mins on it. So far seems to be running nice and smoothly on my 5700XT and 3700X. Deliberately not looking at the frame rate for now but expecting it to slow down once I get into crowded areas.

Soldato
I'm a few hours into the game, and I've near enough given up trying to cope with RTX :confused: Great game though.

I've a TUF 3080 that runs fast (2Ghz) and stable (very happy) coupled with Ryzen 3800x and fast 8pack ram with tight timings. My pc is really stable, and motors through all my games easily at 1440p

This is my first RTX gpu, and after spending a few hours in game and messing around in the settings, I can't understand how anyone thinks DLSS gives an image clean enough to use RTX while having a fluid gaming experience.

Yes I can run at ultra, with all the RTX turned on and DLSS at quality. And run over 60fps. But even with my GSync monitor the gaming experience just isn't fluid enough, and that DLSS 'blur' I just don't know what to make of that, but it's not as pleasant as native.

I now run with everything maxed out (not pysco) with no rtx or dlss and the game still looks great, and more importantly runs super smooth on what effectively isn't far off high end components.

Oh and I've done the hex editor fix for the amd cpu, not that I've noticed any difference :rolleyes:

So I'm just wondering what everyone else thoughts and settings are in using RTX in this game. :)

Associate
yes and still to many bugs, this game will be patched and patched, people walking through walls and cars lol in a year it may well be the game its supposed to be, but now its all hype and poor game play.

I have played about 5 hours and have not seen that at all. Whoever refunds must have not put anymore then 2 hours in and I don't believe you could have possibly seen that many bugs in that time.

Soldato
I'm a few hours into the game, and I've near enough given up trying to cope with RTX :confused: Great game though.

I've a TUF 3080 that runs fast (2Ghz) and stable (very happy) coupled with Ryzen 3800x and fast 8pack ram with tight timings. My pc is really stable, and motors through all my games easily at 1440p

This is my first RTX gpu, and after spending a few hours in game and messing around in the settings, I can't understand how anyone thinks DLSS gives an image clean enough to use RTX while having a fluid gaming experience.

Yes I can run at ultra, with all the RTX turned on and DLSS at quality. And run over 60fps. But even with my GSync monitor the gaming experience just isn't fluid enough, and that DLSS 'blur' I just don't know what to make of that, but it's not as pleasant as native.

I now run with everything maxed out (not pysco) with no rtx or dlss and the game still looks great, and more importantly runs super smooth on what effectively isn't far off high end components.

Oh and I've done the hex editor fix for the amd cpu, not that I've noticed any difference :rolleyes:

So I'm just wondering what everyone else thoughts and settings are in using RTX in this game. :)

Using ultra/psycho settings with RT on ultra and DLSS on balanced. The picture quality for me is super clear, no blur or smear effect, i dont actually notice a difference between native 1440p and DLSS on balanced/quality. Switching to performance dlss though i do notice the blur abit and the image quality does take a massive hit especially at ultra performance, its horrendous.

On those settings on a 3090 i get around 75fps driving and 80+ outside walking around. 90+ in buildings and its a really silky smooth fluid experience, its so much better than what i anticipated it to be. I guess i was expecting to run like Legion... but so glad i was wrong. I can't fault it at all!

Associate
I'm on a RTX 2080S, clearly not the ray tracing card of choice. I tried DLSS balanced and Ray Tracing set to medium, and at a 3840x1440, the graphics look good but I get anything from 20fps to 60fps. There are times when the frame rates poohs itself completely and it's probably best I don't use ray tracing at this resolution on this card.

Associate
RT is a must for me. :D Playing CP2077 without it would be a waste. Like buying a car with a sunroof only to never lower the roof.

It runs smooth as butter on my 3090FE undervolted and overclocked + with DLSS quality. That's on a 5600x Ryzen with a Freesynch monitor that does a bit of Gsynch. :DNice one. Stable no driver crashes.

This whole RT debate always reminds me of the early adoptions of AA where people were like. " I prefer 150fps and no AA rather than 60fps and AA...." You cant really imagine gaming without AA nowadays..

Associate

I came across a no-AVX mod discussion on GOG forums, seems like it has been able to reduce CPU utilisation by a fair bit, maybe you can try that as well.

Soldato
Using a 3090FE on an OLED at 4K. Ray tracing maxed apart from psycho dropped down to ultra. In terms of clock speeds using my day to day 2.1ghz profile that does that locked in other games, though find here boost clock sits around mid 2 to upper 2 GHz and bounces rather the being locked.

anyways with that and with RT maxed apart from ultra and not psycho, using performance diss will a average around the mid 70 to upper 70 FPS thus far, but not got into massive firefights yet. Seen peaks and troughs of course but not seen below 60 and gsync does a good job that if I did not have FPS counter up would not notice anything. Find using psycho cuts a nice 10-15 performance in comparison to ultra. I do not notice anything odd visually with diss so don’t mind it being on. May crank it up a notch to see how that looks to I suppose.

Last edited:
Associate
3090 FE on my 4K LG CX 48 OLED, with a Ryzen 3600.

Everything maxed (except RT on Ultra rather than Psycho), DLSS Quality, 4K, HDR. A non-controversial overclock on my GPU +130/+300 (Core/Mem).

Getting 40-50fps average, with the occassional dip to 38ish in heavy gunfights or in some particularly strenuous areas.

I wouldn't play this game without RTX, it's just the most jaw dropping unbelievable experience in any game I've ever played or seen in my life. Go down to the water edge at night time opposite the skyscrapers, and watch the real time ray tracing of the lights shimmering across the lapping waves. Then turn RTX off and immediately be disgusted at what you've lost. I didn't care before this game, but now I'm totally convinced, RTX is the future of gaming. Even with everything at Ultra textures and settings, the RTX makes the image pop and the setting look genuinely real as opposed to a video game.

The £1400 on the 3090FE and the £1500 on the CX OLED (For the 4K HDR w/infinite contrast) is the best money I've spent all year.

Associate
played a couple of days so far with a 3900x and a vega 56 on high, whilst the frames lower than id prefer, it runs nice and smooth due to freesync. there's 1 or 2 minor/non critical bugs but other than that its completely playable.

Back
Top Bottom