*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Got random crashes until today.
Now it crashes every time when i click continue at the menu.
9.8 hours in.
I'm glad they don't make software for planes or for ai driven vehicles.

Sounds like same crashes I was having. Try loading the game from the load menu instead of continue.
Works most of the time - still sometimes crashes though. Bizzarely if you load in it's fine.

You'll also most likely crash when you die and resume from last save.

Associate
Does anyone think the games SSR is very noisy?

I've got mine set to medium due to having a RX 580 (waiting on 3080 to arrive) and its so distracting to me, So im just going to leave it until i get the new car and can run it at a decent fps and settings.

Soldato
Starting to get bored of the Heist mission now. It feels like its gone on for hours and nothing much is different.
Distract enemies, disable cams, try and sneak around them but end up in a shootout. Gets boring after the first 2 enemies

Would rather be outside wandering the streets looking for fun things to do
The heist mission is really early on (in fact the opening title is just after you finish it!) I think I finished it about 4 hours in. Once you've done that it's pretty much free roam from then on.

I just done the Heist mission as well, after 34 hours of play. I was running around in the city and doing side quests etc before I finished it. So ahem.. yeah, you can do side mission even before the Heist mission, although part of the city are blocked until it is finished.

Related things in regards to the Heist mission, and also would like to know what you saw there.

So, finally got around to do the Heist mission and.. well, did it twice actually so noticed something. (Did it because after I done it I found out I missed picking up certain things, due to the scan did not highlight things all the time during this mission.) In any case, this is what happened.

First time I silently took out everyone at the first floor, part for those at the last Elevator, couldn't find a way to separate those three, so ended up in a shoot out. No problem though. So went down with the elevator and silently took out those three guards left there. Then escaped.

Second time, managed the first floor just fine, since the last three guards actually ended up being separated far away from each other. So maybe a glitch first time ? Although not that important and not what I was curious about. Now, took the elevator down and bang, even before doors opened we were in combat. So was like.. hmm strange. Three reloads and each time in combat so went with it. But then, and this is what I'm wondering if you all had as well, there was also a armored robot down there that made it all much harder ! So, did you all have one of those as well ? :p

For others in regards to the Heist mission. The scanner for highlighting items, sometimes don't work (or didn't for me at least) properly so be careful to check around properly or you might miss some good armour and weapons ! :p

How do I change the firing mode on a weapon? its set to burst but that is useless....

From what I seen, you can't.

Associate
Overture is great and all but I'd suggest following River's questline for the crafting spec for Crash
I have absolutely NO investment in handguns and with a silencer on this thing crit headshots for like 20k

Don't really use guns at all tbh

Soldato
I love the game but RDR 2 is still king:

iA17MDR.png
iA17MDR.png

Trains?
Horse cleaning?
Hats can be shot off people?

WTF? :p:p

I'm going to give CP a miss until it's patched, but really, what is the point in comparing it to a borefest like RDR2.

Associate
so got the 3800XT in and what a difference it makes compared to 2600. 1440p Ultra, DLSS Quality and RT off average 80fps~, minimums around 60 when driving and in crowded areas. Before it capped out around 65ish and dropped to the 40s regularly with skipped frames/stutter. GPU usage constant 97%+, well happy with this result.

Pretty much same settings and what I get, I'm happy too.

Man of Honour
So first impressions...

Is the mouse pointer in menus supposed to be a box - that is pretty janky.

Plus points for having indicators of which level a quality setting is versus the range of possible quality settings.

Big negative points because I can't bind a lot of keys through the options with just a generic failed error (yes I'm aware I can edit the file).

What the **** is braindance and how would I know what settings were best without knowing what it is and how it functions....... better to have generic action keys with intuitive controls that work broadly through the game. Oh and specific keys of some "panzer" functions which I can only guess at are vehicle related - again better to have some kind of generic ability keys (primary ability, secondary ability, etc.) that work broadly throughout the game. So big negative points for that.

Already feeling like hitting refund and I haven't even hit play yet.

Soldato
Some of that list is not correct though. Dynamic weather as in not just sunny all the time is in CP. it rains and there is a day / night cycle.

I’ve had my pistol covered in blood after blasting someone close range.

also had immense amount of fun with the smart SMG and taking over a turret to use against a bunch of enemies.

Man of Honour
Interestingly I don't see much difference between 1440p and 4K framerate wise - probably about 6% - with DLSS auto can max everything out at 4K on my 3070 and just about hold 60 FPS for the most part or ~40 FPS without but seeing some issues at times with DLSS none the less it looked a little vaselined and some odd black smears around certain things in motion.

HDR seems a bit messed up as well even after tweaking it - sometimes works well othertimes things seem a bit lacking in colour depth.

On the plus side it does at least have settings for both X and Y mouse axis though it feels so-so - seems fairly responsive to mouse input without any noticeable nastiness but not quite got it nailed yet how I like it.

Soldato
Wab nailed his review I feel, cdpr should have had some balls and dropped the ps4 and xbox versions, and delayed the rest until done

That was financially a untenable decision, those two platforms likely make up the big portion of sales. As much as all the press hurrah the xbox series and ps5 gets, those will be making up a small portion of consoles been used right now, usually new gen consoles dont overtake old ones until year 3 or 4.

What all these reviewers have all absolutely failed on, is addressing the game engine. Not one single reviewer has asked why this runs so bad compared to rdr2 and gta5, which are comparable games. Just because it plays ok on a rtx 3080, it doesnt mean the PC version is a good release. Likewise with the consoles. Instead they likely have been in communication with the publisher PR team and the message has probably came out as along the lines of blame the hardware not the code.

I am struggling to think of any other game that a 1080ti cannot do 1440p 60fps on, that is how bad the game engine is, its turned a 4k card into a 1080p card, maybe over a 2-3 year period a 4k can become a 1440p card, but to go down 2 major resolutions is crazy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's just too nice!

TooLow.gif

And thanks for the DF link on optimised settings. I gave it a go and ended up slightly tweaking further and adding the reddit user's CSV file change to allocate PC VRAM/RAM properly.

Here's my optimised settings vid and a little pretty walkaround and a bit of funny japes at the end. The latter half of the video may be spoilery for some but it's more an Easter egg reference of sorts than a story spoiler I guess so nothing really to worry about.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my optimised settings vid and a little pretty walkaround and a bit of funny japes at the end. The latter half of the video may be spoilery for some but it's more an Easter egg reference of sorts than a story spoiler I guess so nothing really to worry about.

Absolutely beautiful game.

It's like the CGI videos from Final Fantasy, but without the CGI. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm having almost the opposite problem to a lot of people - it is performing unbelievably well on my setup, way better than I was expecting, with everything maxed except the one ray tracing option on ultra instead of psycho - I've so far not felt a single framerate dip. Even 4K runs well if I put DLSS on auto-balanced, quality drops it down to high 50s which ocassionally is noticeable.

Granted if I turn off DLSS it doesn't run as well - more like 40-45 FPS average.

That aside I have a lot of criticism about the rest of the game though - sadly like so many games loads and loads of fairly small issues which hugely impact on the presentation or quality of life with the game that largely could be fixed very quickly. A lot of the building blocks are there so it really shouldn't take any time at all to improve the interface between the game and the player and sort things like making the streets feel more alive and convincing AI wise, etc.

And thanks for the DF link on optimised settings. I gave it a go and ended up slightly tweaking further and adding the reddit user's CSV file change to allocate PC VRAM/RAM properly.

Was wondering why the game was showing hardly any use of my memory, etc. in the OSD while playing.

EDIT: Changing that file does absolutely nothing for me.

EDIT2: In fact the game doesn't even seem to be touching that file on my setup.

Last edited:
Associate
That aside I have a lot of criticism about the rest of the game though - sadly like so many games loads and loads of fairly small issues which hugely impact on the presentation or quality of life with the game that largely could be fixed very quickly. A lot of the building blocks are there so it really shouldn't take any time at all to improve the interface between the game and the player and sort things like making the streets feel more alive and convincing AI wise, etc.

It's only natural to wish for everything to be perfect, but that rarely happens when the complexities of huge and varied ideas have to be balanced with the constraints of limited time and resources. It's the same pattern repeated throughout most things in life, and one just has to adjust and try to focus more on the positives.

:)

Back
Top Bottom