• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3900x Asus prime B450-PLUS

Associate
Having a look at a friends computer and he is having an odd issue, full transparancy im mainly familiar with intel cpu's and havnt really messed with amd, he upgraded to the 3900x and since then the cpu reports in windows it is running at 0.53ghz and this never goes above this no matter how much you throw at it.

cpuid shows that the base clock should be 3.8ghz but that it is running at 0.53ghz as does task manager.

i have scoured the internet and found a few people have this issue, and have tried from what i can tell is all of the suggested actions

reset bios
latest bios
latest drivers
performance mode/balanced mode both tried in power options
disabled game mode
turned off fast startup
set multiplier to 38
tried swapping ram out

but i still got nowhere and it stays at this 0.53ghz speed, anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Soldato
Have you tried running any benchmarks like R20 to see what the score is, that way you can at least see if it's actually down clocked to 530mhz or just a reporting error ?

Other than that, can you get another mobo to test it on ?

Associate
OP
ran some cpu stress testing stuff, the whole o/s runs like a bag of spanners and takes ages to boot up so its definately downclocking, takes an age for anything to open up.

Back
Top Bottom