Show Off Your Desk Lamp

Soldato
Yes, I expect this thread to get as much enthusiasm as people showing off their cars or glass-sided PC builds with custom loops!

Actually I don't.

I have two 27" monitors on a desk mounted VESA dual monitor mount. Covid means a lot of Zoom, Google Meet or Teams meetings and I need appropriate lighting for such video calls and of course as a nice background light so I'm not on my PC in the dark.

Throw in some ideas, I need a lamp.

Associate
This one looks very retro and very cheap Forsa desk lamp. Comes in a variety of colours.

If you want something more modern, these LED lamps are quite popular. Apparently good for your eyes due to colour and brightness customisation.

I have one of the LED lamps on my Xmas list

Caporegime
need lighting for "zoom calls" ahahahahahhah goood one

do you get to put this on taxes as a business expense/tax write off?

maybe I need a whole new room for zoom in that case..............

Soldato
OP
This one looks very retro and very cheap Forsa desk lamp. Comes in a variety of colours.

If you want something more modern, these LED lamps are quite popular. Apparently good for your eyes due to colour and brightness customisation.

I have one of the LED lamps on my Xmas list

Thank you. IKEA may be the way forward. Will need a couple I think.
Turn the ceiling light on..?
Tut tut, that's bad lighting for video chats unfortunately

Commissario
My wife once bought me a lamp to use in my office, I pretended to like it but it wasn't very good. The way it was designed, I couldn't easily point it where I wanted without getting dazzled. She borrowed it a few months ago and hasn't given it back yet. I was de-lighted.

Soldato
uplighter to provide a 4000K daylight diffuse light onto face - with a warm temperature, you may look jaundiced, checking out the acoustics/mic can be useful too.
(alternative - heard an interview with the guy who started male makeup brand war paint lol)

philips hue play light might be good to give diffuse light for desk surface though, to give tuneable white - expensive

Soldato
Soldato
OP
I've made a start on part of the solution. With some spare timber and LED strips I have lying around, I'm making a 1m(ish) long light to be mounted on the wall behind the monitors. Then I can stick either some diffuser plastic over the top or fix another board over the front so I'm not looking directly at the light. Might post a pic or two once that's done. I still think I'll need a desk lamp or two for ambient lighting.

Soldato
IMG-20200615-133101-01.jpg

1970s Anglepoise from eBay

Back
Top Bottom